User Tag List

First 78910 Last

MBTI
    ISTx

Quote Originally Posted by Pitseleh View Post
    I swear that my brother is better looking than the Edward character.
    Most guys are, I'm pretty sure.

The saga is grossly over-hyped. I saw Twilight (the first one), and that's where I throw in the towel. Such a waste of time.

garbage

Quote Originally Posted by Beat View Post
    Most guys do not look like a foot.
    fixed that for you

Glycerine

Quote Originally Posted by Beat View Post
    Most guys are, I'm pretty sure.

The saga is grossly over-hyped. I saw Twilight (the first one), and that's where I throw in the towel. Such a waste of time.
    Quote Originally Posted by bologna View Post
    fixed that for you
    LOL, my brother is the hot-shot ISTJ that a lot of girls for whatever reason swoon over... haha

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Glycerine View Post
    Can you guys please enlighten me? Is it because the the male leads are supposed to be uber "hot"? I swear that my brother is better looking than the Edward character.
    One of the reasons:

Edward is suppossed to be a quintessential bad boy - but made bad against his will. He reaps the benefits from being "bad" - immortality, super strength, extra rich etc. (so being a monster pays off). But he never asked for it so he's morally covered. All the benefits from good and evil sucked out - a lucky dude.

And a girl he's crazy for is in charge of all that. So she gets the benefits from him being a monster and above normal mortals, and at the same time him being sensitive, considerate and a quintessence of humanity .

The books worked thanks to this emotional inconsistency - characters couldn't have been too deep because the author would have to explain more. A fairy-tale with sexual undertones.

The books actually made me cringe. And then made me sad.

And the werewolf and the fetus romance - meh...
    Hot-hearted head

garbage

Quote Originally Posted by bologna View Post
    The best thing about Twilight is that Robert Pattinson absolutely hates it and its fans
    A secondary appeal is that

I mean, at least, that's the appeal for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Sizzling Berry View Post
    And the werewolf and the fetus romance - meh...
    Wait, you already covered that. Nevermind!

Permabanned

I thought the books started wonderfully but ended poorly.

It's like no one can end a story well anymore. Even Harry Potter ended up being a let down imo.

I've never liked a movie whose book I've read first..so I wasn't surprised that I thought the movies sucked.

Kirsten Stewert is hot though, so there's that.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by xisnotx View Post
    Kirsten Stewert is hot though, so there's that.
    -----------------

A man builds. A parasite asks 'Where is my share?'
    A man creates. A parasite says, 'What will the neighbors think?'
    A man invents. A parasite says, 'Watch out, or you might tread on the toes of God... '

-----------------

figsfiggyfigs

I've seen every movie with my younger cousin in theater. I think the most uncomfortable one I've watched yet has been the breaking dawn one. I can't believe they're selling that shit to kids.

I saw the first one. Let me tell thee imo,
    Twere mince - mince means rubbish where I come from…but wait, I watched the whole movie so it must have been watchable.

Vampires with feelings…bah humbug…I mean bah humbats…walk in the daylight with their 6 packs and feelings– ooo Alice loan me the looking glass, so I may escape the dark hybrids of the night (oh I mean daylight with wash board abs and their feelings for a helpless maiden).

Tis part of the: true love, forbidden love, eternal love equation we’ve known since adam and eve (or Gilgamesh for those more well read) and plagiarized down throughout all time as we know it.

So it’s about romance and eternal love to be short.

I was brought up on hammer (you may need to google that) and the classics with Christopher lee and peter Cushing

What I also noticed about these add in say true blood Queen of the dammed etc, which I quite liked. Is you have all these hybrids, or demons of the night (daylight grr) fighting over a women’s heart and promising eternal love…I found it bit worrying there having so many fight over the one girl, and entering that into the normality of women’s thoughts.

So to be clear, dear ladies, and those romantically inclined.
    I am prepared to take on a werewolf or three, for eternal love and fight past the crowd of wash board abs were wolf hunks and day walkers, with more feelings in their pinky than I have in my entire soulless body….to betroths you, maiden fair….but if your giving up your heart to anyone decent, on the surface, that comes along…I and my kind will not be for you, for evermore…and we wont come a rapping at your chamber door

But I have found the underlying message, in the programs I referenced, regarding forbidden passion with everyone, not just one person, to be a tad worrysome….and also a break from that age old formula and a help yourself mentaility, or you will be helped too by several demonic beings etc

True love is for one person and one person alone…incase my point is missed. I can tell you, at my age, people are lucky to find that once a lifetime.

By golly wasn’t Queen of the dammed good though…so if you haven’t watched it but watched the T saga…then make that next on your list
    I asked it once, "What are you doing on Earth?" It said, "Listen, if you're a mushroom, you live cheap; besides, I'm telling you, this was a very nice neighborhood until the monkeys got out of control."

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    N/A

I don't see any invisible treasure chests.

• MBTI? ISTJ
    • Enneagram? 6 with a strong 7 wing
    • Brony? Yes
    • Stereotypes?