User Tag List

First 34567 Last

Glycerine

Bravo! I gotta say that you guys are fucking awesome. Oh and SS, one of my favorite books is The Scarlet Letter.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 so/sx
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Pitseleh View Post
    Can you guys please enlighten me? Is it because the the male leads are supposed to be uber "hot"? I swear that my brother is better looking than the Edward character.
    I think that people just like to not think as much and to not delve into complicated plots or characters.

As for me, I hate it. Went to a movie, read the first book. Couldn't stand it.

The message is terrible, as from what my friend told me. She said all it is is some whiny emo girl goes for the stereotypical douchebag (vampire), he leaves her, and she wants to kill herself.

Great message. :rolli:

I think it just caters to that 'ZOMG HANNAH MONMILEY CYRUS TEAM JONAS EDWARD ZOMG' crowd.

Plus, Robert Pattinson is very attractive as Cedric Diggory in Harry Potter, the dead look doesn't look good on anyone imo.

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Tiltyred View Post
    It's ROMANTIC.
    Because a man who stalks and controls your every move claiming to "protect you" is romantic.

It's popular because some people don't look at the above ^^^ statement close enough. It's the individual attention every woman craves. Somewhere in there. Plus the whole novel caters to the moron agenda.
    Quote Originally Posted by EffEmDoubleyou View Post
    St. Stephen took rocks and St. Sebastian took arrows. You only have to take some jerks on an internet forum. Nut up.

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by tawanda View Post

Plus, Robert Pattinson is very attractive as Cedric Diggory in Harry Potter, the dead look doesn't look good on anyone imo.
    Omg, I totally didn't realize that he was cedric. Probably because that was way before pattinson got famous. that changes things, I thought he was pretty attractive in that movie, just not in the twilight pics and all the recent promo/red carpet shots, where he's always making that smug sneer/pout face that you never saw when he was playing cedric (I think)

he looks like such a douche in those pics. I don't know what he's actually like though, maybe he's super nice irl .
    -end of thread-

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 so/sx
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Randomnity View Post
    Omg, I totally didn't realize that he was cedric. Probably because that was way before pattinson got famous. that changes things, I thought he was pretty attractive in that movie, just not in the twilight pics and all the recent promo/red carpet shots, where he's always making that smug sneer/pout face

he looks like such a douche in those pics. I don't know what he's actually like though, maybe he's super nice irl .
    I think it's the lip gloss that gives him that douchebaggery look.

I'm not sure about his personality though, he might end up like Mel Gibson now in 10 years or so.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by tawanda View Post
    I think it's the lip gloss that gives him that douchebaggery look.

I'm not sure about his personality though, he might end up like Mel Gibson now in 10 years or so.
    Doubtful. Unless he can prove he can act pretty soon, he'll be a flash in the pan. That's what happens to most of these supposed heartthrobs (male or female) after a while. I predict the same for Megan Fox and Taylor Lautner. People will barely remember them a decade from now.
    Does he want a pillow for his head?

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    451 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp Ni

As much as anything else, I think Twilight, by sheer luck alone, happened to be in the right place at the right time to get thrust into the slot for the next Great Book Series Written by a Likable Woman that was created by the Harry Potter series. It took a lot of talent to get both stories where they are; the big difference is where that talent lies. In the case of Harry Potter, you have a story that was genuinely well-crafted, albeit not especially meaningful; in the case of Twilight, you're looking at something on par, both in terms of its quality and appeal to cheap, guilty pleasure, with the typical fanfiction.

The one who really came through for Twilight was not Stephenie Meyer and her less than considerable talent but the media that decided to hype it up out of all reasonable proportion in order to appeal to a niche that had been carved into the popular imagination by Harry Potter.

Within the next decade, we'll probably have another Big Book Phenomenon. I just hope it's actually well-written this time, because seeing so many people driven into a frenzy by something that could have been written by a mildly talented high school student makes me fear for the future of literature.
    [ Ni > Ti > Fe > Fi > Ne > Te > Si > Se ][ 4w5 sp/sx ][ RLOAI ][ IEI-Ni ]

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

edwerd iz so0o hawt <3 <3
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

MBTI
    ISTP

What's so great about Twilight?
    Maybe it's the whole forbidden romance thing.

For the record, I haven't read Twilight.
    Weathergirl: District 38 is sunny. Slight rock showers this morning. Chance of rock showers into the afternoon—20 percent. District 39 is cloudy. Chance of rock showers this afternoon—10 percent.
    Edward: Bebop here here! Alright woo hoo!
    Weathergirl: Chance of rock showers today upgraded to 90 percent.
    Edward: Really.

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

Doesn't the Hypnotoad have a cameo?

That would explain it.