User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Default Anyone overwhelmed by the sheer size of this forum?

There's so many threads and subforums that I can't possibly read it all or even come close. I read one interesting thread and by the time I'm done with that, five new ones have opened up. So many threads so little time. How to decide what to read?

I love all the channels and the subforums for each temperament and having alot of choices but yeah, its overwhelming.
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

i just go to new posts it seems easier. i don't need things separated by subject.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

Senior Member InsatiableCuriosity's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

I agree with Lady X - New posts, today's posts or who's online in the Quicklinks menu will show you what everyone is looking at including the visitors - otherwise too much choice can be overwhelming!

I mostly prefer the serious discussions wherever they are but that's just me I only get into some fun stuff when I get to know people and then as an XNTP MY idea of fun does not necessarily correspond with others' ideas of fun

...but that's cool too - there are plenty of interesting threads on a variety of topics with a variety f people and opinion so you shouldn't become bored too easily
    "Study hard what interests you the most in the most undisciplined, irreverent and original manner possible."
    — Richard P. Feynman

"Never tell a person a thing is impossible. G*d/the Universe may have been waiting all this time for someone ignorant enough of the impossibility to do just that thing."
    author unknown

MBTI
    ISFJ
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    IEI

At first I was overwhelmed, so I shivered and hid under my computer chair until I could handle all of the information. Then I jumped in head-first and started flailing until I was doing something that distantly resembled a doggy-paddle in the waters of the forum.

As for me, I simply browse the forums and topics and make notes of the threads I like the most. It is a little difficult for me not to be able to keep track of all the threads and what everyone is up to. It's like moving from a small town to New York City. You go into sensory overload LOL.
    Anything that you haven't fought for isn't going to be appreciated. It takes blood, sweat, and a large amount of tears before you appreciate what you have.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    ???
    Socionics
    ????

Yeah, it can be a bit much. Some threads have suddenly 20 new pages the next time I look by, so I end up not reading most of it.

However the "New Posts" function is nice, and there I pick out the threads which seem interesting, the rest I will just leave alone.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Yeah, at first I found it totally overwhelming. You get used to it. The New Posts function helps.
    Masquerading as a normal person day after day is exhausting.

My blog:
    TypeC: Adventures of an Introvert
    Wordpress: http://introvertadventures.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by InsatiableCuriosity View Post
    who's online in the Quicklinks menu will show you what everyone is looking at including the visitors
    WOW how did I not know about this function???

Anyway, yeah I just do new/today's posts and then check the ones I posted in recently and then write people messages... I don't read everything, just what seems interesting or relevant.
    Your kisses, sweeter than honey. But guess what, so is my money.

Lungs & Lips Locked Unkindloving's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    ENFj

You'll figure out your own path to survival over time .
    Hang on traveling woman - Don't sacrifice your plan
    Cause it will come back to you - Before you lose it on the man

.:: DWTWD ::.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

2011 TypeC Exercise Challenge - My Weekly Goals: Cardio 4x. Yoga/Pilates 1x. Pushups 70.

There is this thing keeping everyone's lungs and lips locked - It is called fear and it's seeing a great renaissance

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Unkindloving View Post
    You'll figure out your own path to survival over time .
    Yup. I just consider it natural selection at work.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Senior Member InsatiableCuriosity's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by gromit View Post
    WOW how did I not know about this function???
    LOL Gromit - as my name says - I have to investigate all sorts of nooks and crannies and find it a great tool - even to identify potential threads of interest that visitors are looking at
    "Study hard what interests you the most in the most undisciplined, irreverent and original manner possible."
    — Richard P. Feynman

"Never tell a person a thing is impossible. G*d/the Universe may have been waiting all this time for someone ignorant enough of the impossibility to do just that thing."
    author unknown