User Tag List

First 12345 Last

Senor Membrane
    MBTI
    INFP

The reason I wasn't overwhelmed was that the place was a lot smalled when I joined. Then, one day I realized how big it had become and... well... I just filtered out a lot. There are sections here I don't visit at all. I have a handful of sections I check regularly, and then there's the "new posts" feature.

The Duchess of Oddity Queen Kat's Avatar
    MBTI
    E.T.
    Enneagram
    7w8

Quote Originally Posted by Mystic Tater View Post
    I got bored after then.
    I was sitting outside the classroom waiting to go in, and I saw an airplane hit the tower. The TV was obviously on. I used to fly myself and I said, "There's one terrible pilot."
    - George W. Bush -

SCUAI - 7w8 sx/sp - Chaotic Evil - Fucking Cute - ALIVE

Blog. Read it, bitches.
    Questions? Click here
    If you don't agree about my MBTI type, you can complain about it here. I've had plenty of people telling me I'm something else, in my reputation box. That's annoying.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

It is a bit much. Sometimes I'll run across a poster with 1000+ posts and have no idea who they are simply because we don't post in the same places.

The forum grew faster than I thought it would when it was restarted.

MBTI
    INTP

No

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

I flit around clicking on whatever thread strikes my fancy at the moment... I don't use any of those post functions or anything... and I occasionally stalk people's blogs
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

This is a very small forum. Most forums I've been a member of have at least 20,000 members. A few over 100,000 like the Disney boards. I can scan through all the new topics on here in less than half an hour a day.
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

"I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

The SP Spazz Youtube Channel

Senor Membrane
    MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffster View Post
    This is a very small forum. Most forums I've been a member of have at least 20,000 members. A few over 100,000 like the Disney boards. I can scan through all the new topics on here in less than half an hour a day.
    I don't see why anyone would like to go to such a forum. Can you remember any of the members there?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

I have a certain set of sections I go to primarily and another set secondarily. I try to follow certain threads in there that take my interest or I do some minor stalking if a subject and a name look interesting enough. The "Live New Posts" tool is neat, but it's not my style; I care less about new and more about my interests.
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffster View Post
    I guess its all a matter of perspective. The socionics forum I'm active on has just over 1200 members and I find that's plenty. I belong to a couple of smaller forums that only have around a couple hundred members. I don't read everything that's being posted but I'd like to at least scan all the thread titles to make sure I'm not missing out on something good.

I glanced briefly over the Personality Cafe forum. Its pretty similar in someways to Typology Central and it was even more overwhelming. I was tempted to but didn't register with them. I have more than enough to read on here!

I think I'm going to have to discipline myself more regarding time spent on these forums. These last couple of days I've spent 4-5 hours on here and while I love being here, I need balance and I have other interests I'd also like to pursue. Not to mention work and sleep.

I have a tendency to always be logged in or at least check multiple times a day and that's starting to eat away at my productivity.
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne

Patron Saint Of Smileys Gloriana's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    INFJ

I just skim around and stick to what I like. If there is a topic that interests me but there are 30+ pages, sometimes I'll read and I'll be too mentally exhausted to reply, sometimes I'll reply without reading and piss off those who already said what I just said, and sometimes I just run fast away.
    "Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get, but if you work really hard, and you're kind, amazing things will happen. I'm telling you...amazing things will happen" --Conan O'Brien