User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    ISFJ
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    IEI

Default Things that annoy you

In our daily quest in trying to inflinct minimal pain upon your fellow man, (or woman) there are things people do that absolutely make you want to grit your teeth, or wrap their ipod headphones around their neck and pull really hard.

For the past two days, I've had a coworker that insists on blasting their rap/techno/Godonlyknowswhat over in the cube next to me. I'd have no problem except that I can hear his music even when listening to mine. And let me tell you, hearing the same, repetative beat for eight or nine hours a day makes me want to do very bad things to him.

So... That is what is bugging me this morning. That, and the suspecious lack of the nasty morning sludge that passes for coffee. Which my brain is screaming for right now since I barely got two or three hours of sleep last night.

Gotta love adjusting to an NTI mouth guard for Bruxism.
    Anything that you haven't fought for isn't going to be appreciated. It takes blood, sweat, and a large amount of tears before you appreciate what you have.

MBTI
    INTP

People who break the speed limit. Thousands of lives and millions of headaches could be avoided every year, but the seconds in our days are too precious and, I think, in our vain quest for a sense of self-worth, we reinforce selfish desires and place our convenience on a much higher pillar than the lives of our fellow humans. And yet, before the day is over, I'm sure to annoy myself at least once.

garbage

40-sentence posts just crammed together in paragraph form. All I see is a huge blob with words in it.

Take some damn time to organize your thoughts if you actually want people to read them

I have a total of 105 things which annoy me about others written down some place.

To be honest a great deal of it comes down to simple thoughtlessness or abscent mindedness, not knowing is worse than not caring in my book but not caring is a close second. That might sound harsh but at least someone who is deliberately an asshole thinks they know what they are doing but someone who is consistently an asshole "accidentially" bothers me way, way more.

So, specifically, people with no idea of personal space, I hate that, also people who stand and talk in doorways or throughfares, especially people who stop short when you're all walking someplace, there's almost never a way to avoid bumping into them.

I had a brilliant idea once that doorways or throughfares could have pressure pads installed in them and if you stopped on them for long enough you'd first feel them becoming hotter under foot and then receive a short, sharp electro shock to move you along.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    I have a total of 105 things which annoy me about others written down some place.
    Awesome. I should start a list. People do a lot of annoying things, and I like lists.

Just a few I can think of off the top of my head...

-People repeatedly asking me if/starting rumors that I am pregnant. I like my coworkers, but several of them seem to enjoy this as a pass time. I don't get it, because I'm pretty sure I don't look like I'm pregnant...

-Bad grammar and/or spelling, and txt speak such as "u" for "you" and "2" for "to". Drives me nuts, especially when used outside of texting. I can understand the need for brevity in texting, and although I still find it annoying I can overlook it... but in an email... just type the extra 1-2 letters!

-Tailgating (as in following another car too closely, not grilling in parking lots before sporting events )

-Unkindness, especially intentional

-Since I work with college students, I have a long list of things they do that annoy me:
    *Decline to respond to my emails or phone calls, but expect me to respond to them within 10 minutes when they have a question
    *Behave rudely (Don't they know that I make the decisions on whether to accept them to the program or not??)
    *Address me by my full name in emails.... I don't know why, but this drives me bananas! Call me by my first name, call me by Ms., either is fine. But using my full name is just.... weird.
    Masquerading as a normal person day after day is exhausting.

My blog:
    TypeC: Adventures of an Introvert
    Wordpress: http://introvertadventures.wordpress.com/

MBTI
    ISFJ
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    IEI

Quote Originally Posted by Aquarelle99 View Post

-Bad grammar and/or spelling, and txt speak such as "u" for "you" and "2" for "to". Drives me nuts, especially when used outside of texting. I can understand the need for brevity in texting, and although I still find it annoying I can overlook it... but in an email... just type the extra 1-2 letters!
    Finally! Another person who feels how I do. Though I will also add that people can't seem to use it's (it is) its, (possessive) your, (possessive) and You're (you are) correctly.
    Anything that you haven't fought for isn't going to be appreciated. It takes blood, sweat, and a large amount of tears before you appreciate what you have.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Beargryllz View Post
    People who break the speed limit. Thousands of lives and millions of headaches could be avoided every year, but the seconds in our days are too precious and, I think, in our vain quest for a sense of self-worth, we reinforce selfish desires and place our convenience on a much higher pillar than the lives of our fellow humans. And yet, before the day is over, I'm sure to annoy myself at least once.
    i like it...
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by WildCard View Post
    Finally! Another person who feels how I do. Though I will also add that people can't seem to use it's (it is) its, (possessive) your, (possessive) and You're (you are) correctly.
    Or then/than.
    Masquerading as a normal person day after day is exhausting.

My blog:
    TypeC: Adventures of an Introvert
    Wordpress: http://introvertadventures.wordpress.com/

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

trying to talk to someone who does not understand something so very simple...i'm patient with it for about a minute and then i just wanna scream omfg nevermind!
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

garbage

also: when people don't think through the consequences of their actions at all.

And when people think that they have the 'right' way to act or be in a certain situation and pressure others into acting or being that way.

You can have an opinion on someone's situation; fine. And someone else's situation might make you think about how you might handle it; fine. You might give some pretty blunt advice as to how to how they should handle it.

But what does pressing over and over again with that sort of advice actually accomplish? Pretty much nothing--at the end of the day, people have to make their own choices. All you can do is offer advice, help where you can, and be there for them when they need you.

Pressuring someone in such a way is less about them and more about you; you're probably just afraid to recognize it.