User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Results 21 to 30 of 34

  1. #21
    Order Now! pure_mercury's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    MBTI
    ESFJ
    Posts
    6,946

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tawanda View Post
    Haha, Penn I think is the worst for chock full elitism and snobbery. But meh, maybe I'm just anti-ivy.
    At least Penn is fun. It's the "social Ivy" (read: hardest-partying). There are definitely snobs, though.
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

  2. #22
    Starcrossed Seafarer Aquarelle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    3,532

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pure_mercury View Post
    Oh, of course. That definitely helps with the quality of life, but I wouldn't want a major hospital to be the main thing to recommend a place in which I would consider living. Philly, New York, Boston, and Baltimore all have Top 10-15 hospitals in the country, but a lot more other things to recommend them, too.
    Oh no, definitely not. But some people (inexplicably.... ) prefer to live in a smaller town. And if you were going to choose a smaller town, I could see why you'd choose Rochester.

    As for PA, I've never been there, but I'll be visiting Penn State and Philadelphia in October (for some meetings and then an international education conference). I have to say that overall I do not like working with students from Penn State. They are...well... very different from University of Minnesota students. It'll be interesting to see what the school is like.
    Masquerading as a normal person day after day is exhausting.

    My blog:
    TypeC: Adventures of an Introvert
    Wordpress: http://introvertadventures.wordpress.com/

  3. #23
    Order Now! pure_mercury's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    MBTI
    ESFJ
    Posts
    6,946

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aquarelle99 View Post
    Oh no, definitely not. But some people (inexplicably.... ) prefer to live in a smaller town. And if you were going to choose a smaller town, I could see why you'd choose Rochester.

    As for PA, I've never been there, but I'll be visiting Penn State and Philadelphia in October (for some meetings and then an international education conference). I have to say that overall I do not like working with students from Penn State. They are...well... very different from University of Minnesota students. It'll be interesting to see what the school is like.
    So, are you going to State College and then Philly, or what?
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

  4. #24
    Starcrossed Seafarer Aquarelle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    3,532

    Default

    Yup, that's the plan.
    Masquerading as a normal person day after day is exhausting.

    My blog:
    TypeC: Adventures of an Introvert
    Wordpress: http://introvertadventures.wordpress.com/

  5. #25
    Order Now! pure_mercury's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    MBTI
    ESFJ
    Posts
    6,946

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aquarelle99 View Post
    Yup, that's the plan.
    Well, I can tell you this: Penn State students and University of Pennsylvania students are VERY different.
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

  6. #26
    Starcrossed Seafarer Aquarelle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    3,532

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pure_mercury View Post
    Well, I can tell you this: Penn State students and University of Pennsylvania students are VERY different.
    Oh, I'm just going to Penn State. In Philly I'm not visiting a school but going to a conference. I don't think I've ever had any students from U of Philadelphia. What're they like?
    Masquerading as a normal person day after day is exhausting.

    My blog:
    TypeC: Adventures of an Introvert
    Wordpress: http://introvertadventures.wordpress.com/

  7. #27
    Order Now! pure_mercury's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    MBTI
    ESFJ
    Posts
    6,946

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aquarelle99 View Post
    Oh, I'm just going to Penn State. In Philly I'm not visiting a school but going to a conference. I don't think I've ever had any students from U of Philadelphia. What're they like?
    University of Pennsylvania. It's an Ivy League university, so they're mostly rich, smart, high on drugs, and spoiled. There is a Philadelphia University, but it's very small.
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

  8. #28
    Senior Member Jaguar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    12,420

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pure_mercury View Post
    University of Pennsylvania. It's an Ivy League university, so they're mostly rich, smart, high on drugs, and spoiled.
    Don't sugar coat it. Tell us how you really feel.

  9. #29
    Order Now! pure_mercury's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    MBTI
    ESFJ
    Posts
    6,946

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    Don't sugar coat it. Tell us how you really feel.
    Hey, I was one of them for two years. I wasn't rich, but I was smart, high on drugs, and spoiled.
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

  10. #30
    Senior Member Jaguar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    12,420

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pure_mercury View Post
    Hey, I was one of them for two years. I wasn't rich, but I was smart, high on drugs, and spoiled.
    No offense, but, it amuses me to see someone use the words "I was high on drugs" and "smart" in the same sentence.

Similar Threads

  1. Which of my fantasy world regions are you from?
    By themightyfetus in forum Online Personality Tests
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 09-04-2017, 09:12 PM
  2. Where are you from? :)
    By pinkdevil in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 10-09-2015, 01:14 AM
  3. [ENTP] ENTP's: Explain how you are different from ENFP please
    By Nillerz in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 210
    Last Post: 11-05-2011, 08:54 PM
  4. [NT] Are you "full of yourself?"
    By ygolo in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 72
    Last Post: 08-04-2010, 08:49 PM
  5. What side do you walk on, where are you from?
    By Negative_ in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 05-01-2009, 02:23 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO