User Tag List

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILE

Default Spooky Campfire Tales

Since this is the bonfire lets take out our marshmellows and tell our favorite spooky campfire tale. I will start with the classic. The Hoooook
    he Hook
    Excerpted from Spooky Campfire Tales

retold by S.E. Schlosser

The reports had been on the radio all day, though she hadn't paid much attention to them. Some crazy man had escaped from the state asylum. They were calling him the Hook Man since he had lost his right arm and had it replaced with a hook. He was a killer, and everyone in the region was warned to keep watch and report anything suspicious. But this didn't interest her. She was more worried about what to wear on her date.

After several consultation calls with friends, she chose a blue outfit in the very latest style and was ready and waiting on the porch when her boyfriend came to pick her up in his car. They went to a drive-in movie with another couple, then dropped them off and went parking in the local lover's lane. The blue outfit was a hit, and she cuddled close to her boyfriend as they kissed to the sound of romantic music on the radio.

Then the announcer came on and repeated the warning she had heard that afternoon. An insane killer with a hook in place of his right hand was loose in the area. Suddenly, the dark, moonless night didn't seem so romantic to her. The lover's lane was secluded and off the beaten track. A perfect spot for a deranged mad-man to lurk, she thought, pushing her amorous boyfriend away.

"Maybe we should get out of here," she said. "That Hook Man sounds dangerous."

"Awe, c'mon babe, it's nothing," her boyfriend said, trying to get in another kiss. She pushed him away again.

"No, really. We're all alone out here. I'm scared," she said.

They argued for a moment. Then the car shook a bit, as if something…or someone…had touched it. She gave a shriek and said: "Get us out of here now!"

"Jeeze," her boyfriend said in disgust, but he turned the key and went roaring out of the lover's lane with a screeching of his tires.

They drove home in stony silence, and when they pulled into her driveway, he refused to help her out of the car. He was being so unreasonable, she fumed to herself. She opened the door indignantly and stepped into her driveway with her chin up and her lips set. Whirling around, she slammed the door as hard as she could. And then she screamed.

Her boyfriend leapt out of the car and caught her in his arms. "What is it? What's wrong?" he shouted. Then he saw it. A bloody hook hung from the handle of the passenger-side door.
    I redact everything I have written or will write on this forum prior to, subsequent with and or after the fact of its writing. For entertainment purposes only and not to be taken seriously nor literally.

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    Spamtar - a strange combination of boorish drunkeness and erudite discussions, or what I call "an Irish academic"

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILE

Here is another one not for the weak of heart nor the pro choice crowd.

the china doll

Seems a woman's husband had sent her a gift of a china doll while he was traveling in the Orient, which she put in a glass case in her bedroom. The doll had lovely black hair - real human hair - and was dressed in a real silk kimono, the folds of which concealed her graceful porcelain hands.

Soon after her husbands arrival, the woman 's doctor informed her she was going to be blessed with a child, but she had not been faithful to her husband while he was away and she was unsure the baby was his. Even if it was his, she didn't love her husband and didn't want to have the baby (she only cared about his money). So she made herself have a miscarriage, and to hide the evidence, she put the aborted fetus into the hollow interior of the china doll.

The blood of the fetus, combined with the woman's malevolence and the china doll's human hair (and innate Eastern mystical properties), caused the china doll to come to "life." No one noticed that the china doll's hair was growing down the back of her silk kimono, that her cheeks were rosier, and that her nails were growing sharp and clawed behind the folds of her gown. The woman didn't noticed the way the doll's eyes followed her as she moved around the room, or how they glowed at night when the lights were turned off.

She did sense something out of the ordinary, however, and finally insisted that the china doll be moved downstairs, out of the bedroom. After a few weeks, the woman began to lose sleep, imagining that she heard scratching, rustling, whispering noises coming from downstairs, that seemed to be calling "Mommy...Mommy." She noticed scratches on the wooden stairs, which her husband said must be from mice, but the exterminator he called said there was no sign of rodents. The woman tried to lock the china doll in a closet, but the husband protested - it had been so expensive, was such a work of art, and he wanted it out on display.

Every day, there were a few more scratches on the stairs, and every day they got deeper.. and reached one step higher. One night as she tried to sleep, the woman imagined she heard scratching and rustling outside the bedroom door. She screamed for her husband to turn on the light, but by the time he fumbled out of bed, there was nothing there... except for some long shallow scratches at the bottom of the door and the faintest whisper from down the stairs.

The next night the woman took several strong sleeping pills and went to bed with the door shut tight, and locked for good measure. She finally got some sleep... and as she slept, the china doll stirred. Opening her glass case quietly, the china doll hurried to the bottom of the stairs. Using her long sharp fingernails, she pulled herself up, one step at a time, until she was at the top of the landing. She whispered, "Mommy, I'm coming!" and made her way to the door. She used her talon-like claws again to climb up the door, inserted one nail into the keyhole and jiggled the lock open, then slipped around to the woman's side of the bed.

The china doll used her nails like hooks to help her climb up onto the bed and then she slowly pulled the covers back to expose the sleeping woman's body. The doll's eyes glowed red as she raised her hands and then used her fingernails to claw open the woman's stomach. Near-paralyzed by drugs, pain, and terror, the woman screamed and screamed as the china doll climbed into her belly, whispering, "Mommy, I'm home!"
    I redact everything I have written or will write on this forum prior to, subsequent with and or after the fact of its writing. For entertainment purposes only and not to be taken seriously nor literally.

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    Spamtar - a strange combination of boorish drunkeness and erudite discussions, or what I call "an Irish academic"