User Tag List

First 12

The Duchess of Oddity Queen Kat's Avatar
    MBTI
    E.T.
    Enneagram
    7w8

I've been cloned?! YAY!
    I was sitting outside the classroom waiting to go in, and I saw an airplane hit the tower. The TV was obviously on. I used to fly myself and I said, "There's one terrible pilot."
    - George W. Bush -

SCUAI - 7w8 sx/sp - Chaotic Evil - Fucking Cute - ALIVE

Blog. Read it, bitches.
    Questions? Click here
    If you don't agree about my MBTI type, you can complain about it here. I've had plenty of people telling me I'm something else, in my reputation box. That's annoying.

ReflecTcelfeR

It was a very difficult process and there was a 'minor' complication, but overall she is almost the same as you.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILE Ti

Quote Originally Posted by ReflecttcelfeR View Post
    Do you think that this is a natural occurence, the difficulty of using a function that is, or are we taught that these are difficult to use? I suppose a better way of asking is to ask why Ni, or Ti is such a difficult function to use.
    Some functions I suppose we're taught to look on with suspicion, especially the N functions, as well as Fi (to boys) and Te (to girls). As for difficulty of use it means that the way that function is used is not in line with our cognitive pattern, which is more of a physiological limitation I guess (though we can sometimes teach ourselves to use some function -- particularly lower functions we don't use as much).

As for why Ti and Ni are difficult, well, Ni essentially creates visions and ideas out of literally nowhere, with no external input at all, which I don't think many people can do. Even I can't. As for Ti, it's a sharply observant function, possesses the ability to delve deeply into given concepts and extract meaning from them; which also seems like a very cognition-intensive process.

All of this is speculation on my part though.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Teacher (Idyllic), ESE-IEI (Si-ESFj), SLue|I|, Sanguine-Melancholy
    Sage, True Neutral (Chaotic Good), Type III Anti-Hero
    Inventive > Artistic > Leisurely > Dramatic
    7w6 > 4w3 > 9w8, weakside sp/so

Dark Worker (Sacrificing)
    Freewheeling Designer

Hayekian Asshole

MBTI
    E.T.
    Enneagram
    7w8

Quote Originally Posted by ReflecttcelfeR View Post
    It was a very difficult process and there was a 'minor' complication, but overall she is almost the same as you.
    So... she became a he? No problem.
    I was sitting outside the classroom waiting to go in, and I saw an airplane hit the tower. The TV was obviously on. I used to fly myself and I said, "There's one terrible pilot."
    - George W. Bush -

Blog. Read it, bitches.
    Questions? Click here
    If you don't agree about my MBTI type, you can complain about it here. I've had plenty of people telling me I'm something else, in my reputation box. That's annoying.

ReflecTcelfeR

Quote Originally Posted by Aleksei View Post
    Some functions I suppose we're taught to look on with suspicion, especially the N functions, as well as Fi (to boys) and Te (to girls). As for difficulty of use it means that the way that function is used is not in line with our cognitive pattern, which is more of a physiological limitation I guess (though we can sometimes teach ourselves to use some function -- particularly lower functions we don't use as much).

As for why Ti and Ni are difficult, well, Ni essentially creates visions and ideas out of literally nowhere, with no external input at all, which I don't think many people can do. Even I can't. As for Ti, it's a sharply observant function, possesses the ability to delve deeply into given concepts and extract meaning from them; which also seems like a very cognition-intensive process.

All of this is speculation on my part though.
    I can accept this. It just slightly strange to me that a type is rare while another is not and I don't really understand why it seems so foreign. I suppose I think that their is a better word we could besides 'rare', but I haven't found it yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Saint Kat View Post
    So... she became a he? No problem.
    Good! Then we're all set. I named him Kurt.

MBTI
    E.T.
    Enneagram
    7w8

Saint Kurt? My parents wanted to call me Tom if I became a boy.
    - George W. Bush -

Blog. Read it, bitches.
    Questions? Click here

ReflecTcelfeR

Indeed, Saint Kurt. Tom isn't bad for a guys name. Kurt Catches Kat... you can make alliterated sentences now.