User Tag List

View Poll Results: Do you think your birthday has an influence on your personality?

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

14 24.56%
  • No

43 75.44%
First 6789 Last

MBTI
    INFP

I tots believe in astrology.

I am quite Leo and my fiance is quite Taurus. Love that stubborn boy.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

i wouldn't think so, although i think astrology is fun to think about and i personally identify very much with my sign, libra.
    INTP 5-4-8 sp/sx chaotic neutral AWESOME

defying your expectations SoraMayhem's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 so/sx

I do not at all identify with my horoscope, I am supposed to be a Libra.

However, I was born two weeks late - had I been born on my due date, I would be a Virgo - which seems far more likely for my personality than Libra.
    4w5-1w2-5w4 -- RLUAI -- Chaotic Good/Neutral

Johari -- Nohari

Ask me about my crippling social dysfunction!

WALMART

I was born 08/18/1988.

Eight in asian cultures is lucky.

I love myself.

Coincidence?

Incredibly.

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Yes and no.

I believe the time of your birth, the environment you were exposed to could very well have an effect on your personality.. Hot summer? Cold dark winter? lots of outside time, lots of time inside? note: I was born in a hot summer and spent most of my time outside, yet I became introverted. Perhaps the sun overwhelmed my baby senses and forced me into introversion? I still and have my entire life, disliked the presence of the sun. I don't mind a day being bright, but I hate that yellow thing shining into my eyes.

But in the way that above poster says that the number of 8's in his birthday are of any significance, then no, that I don't believe in.

Same for horoscopes and the like. They tend to be so deliberatly vague that out of reading ten different horoscopes I can probably relate to eight of them. That is reason enough for me to doubt them. :P
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

Permabanned

I think it can. If you were born on christmas or february 29th...or other such days it certainly makes you different.

F CK all I need is U ilikeitlikethat's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so

I'm an INTP Scorpio, wanna fuck?

Banned

Astrology is idiotic.

However I definitely think that being almost a year younger than the people in my past school classes/social circles has had some impact on me.

Quote Originally Posted by yenom View Post
    Do you think people who share the same birthday as you have a similar personality as you?
    Counting all the 7 billion people on earth there's roughly estimated 28000000 other INTJ's out there. I bet a few were born on the same day as me/shared similar parenting and environmental conditions.

right on the left wing Philosorapteuse's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

If I'd been born a few months earlier, I probably wouldn't have been moved up a year at school, which would have had a fairly significant impact on what high school made me. So I vote yes.
    "A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices." --William James

I'd be a card-carrying sensotard, but I can't find the goddamn card.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffywolf View Post
    Yes and no.

I believe the time of your birth, the environment you were exposed to could very well have an effect on your personality.. Hot summer? Cold dark winter? lots of outside time, lots of time inside? note: I was born in a hot summer and spent most of my time outside, yet I became introverted. Perhaps the sun overwhelmed my baby senses and forced me into introversion? I still and have my entire life, disliked the presence of the sun. I don't mind a day being bright, but I hate that yellow thing shining into my eyes.
    As to your theory, it's a very interesting idea. I hadn't thought about it in that way. However, I'm reluctant as to what degree factors such as the ones you mentioned affect the personality to the point of, say, Introvert/Extrovert or Thinking/Feeling. Maybe a list of people with their birthday and tested Myers-Briggs types would be beneficial as some evidence? Or maybe there's some slight correlation of type to global location in regards to climate. Of course, it'd have to be very slight to none at all. So many other factors affect personality.