User Tag List

View Poll Results: Do you think your birthday has an influence on your personality?

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

14 24.56%
  • No

43 75.44%
First 45678 Last

MBTI
    ENTP

I think personalities have and influence on your birthday.
    Quote Originally Posted by Qlip View Post
    I'm starting to see you and your avatar as a cloud of odor that eminates from trashy threads.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9

Quote Originally Posted by ZPowers View Post
    I share a birthday with Paris Hilton, Larry the Cable Guy and Michael Bay. I hope to God the answer is no.
    Lindsay Lohan and Andrea Yates share my birthday.

Hope for both of our sakes that the answer is a resounding no.
    1w9 sx/sp
    A little song, a little dance, a little seltzer down your pants.

All that is gold does not glitter
    Not all those who wander are lost

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp

So apparently I'm sharing with al pacino, johnny shines, albert king, ella fitzgerald and renee zellweger.

MBTI
    intj
    Enneagram
    5w6

Well, yes. Since being born on different days determine certain events that you will encounter. But not astrology and crap and crap.

Quote Originally Posted by kevinlivecomau View Post
    Well, yes. Since being born on different days determine certain events that you will encounter. But not astrology and crap and crap.
    If astology is odure, why not mbti? For astrology and mbti have the same truth value, and are used for the same purpose, namely, emotional manipulation.

MBTI
    intj
    Enneagram
    5w6

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    If astology is odure, why not mbti? For astrology and mbti have the same truth value, and are used for the same purpose, namely, emotional manipulation.
    Psychology is based on rationality. To explain why behave a certain way, grounded by scientific methods (i.e. research and experiment.). Whence, astrology was formed from what? Mayan calenders and the ancient societies' ability to predict seasonal changes? Mere attempts to explain the unknown by uses of an imaginary tool. MBTI derives it's theories from people as opposed to astrology which attempts to derive personality from it's theories. As for emotional manipulation, the aim of MBTI is to understand the aspects behind a person, how people see the world and how they make decisions. Barely manipulation.

garbage

MBTI derives it's theories from people as opposed to astrology which attempts to derive personality from it's theories.
    I agree that the goal of MBTI isn't necessarily to manipulate (though some try to use it that way), but there's little to no practical experimentation and empirical evidence associated with MBTI (ref. here, here, and most Google results for 'MBTI validity'). In addition, if we're bringing psychology and scientific method into the discussion, psychology has trended toward continuous trait-based theories and have left type-based theories such as MBTI behind.

Moreover, you'll see tons of people twisting MBTI and its associated theory around to try to explain behavior--that is, they view personality through the lens of MBTI, deriving personality through theory.

Psychology is based on rationality. To explain why behave a certain way, grounded by scientific methods (i.e. research and experiment.). Whence, astrology was formed from what? Mayan calenders and the ancient societies' ability to predict seasonal changes? Mere attempts to explain the unknown by uses of an imaginary tool. MBTI derives it's theories from people as opposed to astrology which attempts to derive personality from it's theories. As for emotional manipulation, the aim of MBTI is to understand the aspects behind a person, how people see the world and how they make decisions. Barely manipulation.
    Please! Mbti is strictly authoritarian. Mbti is not based on evidence and reason rather it is based on the authority of one man, Carl Jung, and his book, "Psychological Types".

And Carl himself says his book, "Psychological Types is based on no empirical evidence".

Carl was an authoritarian who modeled himself on the Führer and who sexually abused his female patients.

But how natural in a patriarchal society to follow the lead of the authoritarian father of mbti.

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    Carl was an authoritarian who modeled himself on the Führer and who sexually abused his female patients.
    Get the facts straight—he had sex with rabbits.
    The future is for the unafraid.

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    Get the facts straight—he had sex with rabbits.
    I really don't want to picture the children

and I share a birthday with my ex-fiance... I hope that I have nothing else in common with him
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett