User Tag List

View Poll Results: Do you think your birthday has an influence on your personality?

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

14 24.56%
  • No

43 75.44%
First 34567 Last

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ISTp

I really don't belive in Astrology. But I put yes just because I couldn't say for sure, and haven't gathered enough info to say either way.

Also... there is this weird coincidence of me and 3 other aquariuses born in 1986:

ESTP male friend - January 24th, 1986
    ESTP female friend - January 24th, 1986
    ISTP male friend - February 12th, 1986
    Me (ISTP female) - February 13th, 1986

Granted, I haven't really looked out for any other examples. That one just happened to be glaring and really coincidental so I took notice.
    I have an inner monologue that sounds strikingly similar to something off Animal Planet.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

impossibru
    -----------------

A man builds. A parasite asks 'Where is my share?'
    A man creates. A parasite says, 'What will the neighbors think?'
    A man invents. A parasite says, 'Watch out, or you might tread on the toes of God... '

-----------------

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

i dont think there is a simple yes/no answer to that question, so ill pass the voting
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

garbage

Aside from phenomena such as this one, not really (though it's a neat read in and of itself). And the connection to innate personality is tenuous there--it's more about impact of date on the "nurture" portion of development.

I've had at least a few instances of people correlating my birth month to whether they'd get along with me--such-and-such sign clashes with another, so on and so forth. No matter when they're born, they're not the sort of people that I care about getting along with.

There are so many traits of my sign that I clearly don't have--though an adherent of astrology (and a close friend of mine) has tried to tell me that I do have those traits, because they believe strongly in the system.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

kinda unrelated, but interesting. january and april babies look like the rarest.

edit: oops, i didn't see that this had already been posted
    Last edited by chickpea; 05-17-2012 at 04:07 PM.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

I answered "yes" to the poll, because I think nearly everything impacts personality. The time of year your birthday occurs could certainly impact the way you look at the world.

Quote Originally Posted by CuriousFeeling View Post
    I think that the overall mood captured by the season and weather that your birthday is on could influence it, if you are sensitive to the aesthetics of nature. I think it might be more of a memory association thing than anything else, though.
    This was my thinking too... but also, I wonder if it isn't possible if there are some patterns that occur within yearly rhythms that could affect the mother throughout the 9 months of her child's development, and subsequently the rhythms within the movement of the years themselves (ie - where you start in the year-cycle) that could have a very subtle but extant impact on your life.

Quote Originally Posted by bologna
    phenomena such as this one
    Interesting. I loved the book "Freakonomics" for considering stuff like that.

MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne

No, I fail to see how birthday impacts personality. Birth order, maybe. Birthday no.

Quote Originally Posted by chana View Post

kinda unrelated, but interesting. january and april babies look like the rarest.
    Well now that I've seen this chart and being a rare January baby, maybe it will have some impact on my personality.
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4W5 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by skylights View Post
    I answered "yes" to the poll, because I think nearly everything impacts personality.
    The secret to astrology is somewhere in here...

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Vasilisa View Post
    Interesting

I always did seem to notice many September 16th birthdays.
    Hmm. Wonder why this would be (I'm one of the relatively uncommon January babies also). Do people have more sex between October and December or something? Or are babies more likely to survive?

In answer to the question, generally no, not in a 'Capricorns are more stubborn' way, but there are so many variables that there's plenty of room for unexpected trends to form, like the one discussed in @bologna 's link. I believe I recall some studies linking mental illnesses to births in certain times of the year, due to viruses contracted by pregnant women at critical stages of the baby's brain development. But even in those cases it's just differences in percentages of mothers or babies who experience it; it's not like time of year determines this, it just makes certain events more or less likely.

Personal anectode time: I almost ended up with the same birthday as my mother. I was born about two hours too late; otherwise we'd share a birthday. And we're pretty damn different.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

I share a birthday with Paris Hilton, Larry the Cable Guy and Michael Bay. I hope to God the answer is no.
    Does he want a pillow for his head?