User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    ISTP

Default What does your type mean to you?

I was writing a post here in a dark room when I noticed a brown spider crawling up the wall almost invisible to me, despite having had too many drinks tonight. I kinda laughed to myself (after furiously squishing it!) because I figure it's catching little sensory details like that which set my "type" apart from other types.

I began to wonder, what sort of stuff do you think defines your type apart from the rest that gives it meaning to you? Maybe it's creating order from the most chaotic situation, how you're able to connect with almost anyone, or come up with creative new ideas on a whim? ^ Mine is a "Se" answer, yours could be anything, about anything.

My answer is a Fi answer. I would say it's in how I am passionate about ideas, and how and where I recognize opportunities to carry them out (with Se). Ni helps me look cool doing all of this. I think? And after all the research is said and done, I am back full circle, and just the stereotype I was presented with in the beginning (And it's true btw, all ISFPs talk to God. He says to not needlessly smash spiders. ).

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4sop
    Socionics
    IEE

My functions compel me (though not all infps) to usher the bigger, harmless looking bugs outside near the tree so it's not stuck inside the store and so no one steps on it. I don't do it for all bugs; that'd be tedious and unrealistic. Just the big ones I notice who I can just easily swoop up instead of squashing. I value life in all creatures, higher cognitive functions present or not, worth to human society or not. If I can easily do something, I will, without thinking. I usually don't kill them either unless they are a direct nuisance.

MBTI
    LoLz

For me as an ISTJ, it's the sense of duty and responsibility. I feel a surge of energy when I'm completely in tune with a complex situation, and I'm acting on it by prioritizing everything in my head that's happening that needs to be done, and in the correct order for the necessary end result. In a way, it's combined prioritizing with tunnel vision.

The Duchess of Oddity Queen Kat's Avatar
    MBTI
    E.T.
    Enneagram
    7w8

An excuse to act like an idiot. YAY!!!
    I was sitting outside the classroom waiting to go in, and I saw an airplane hit the tower. The TV was obviously on. I used to fly myself and I said, "There's one terrible pilot."
    - George W. Bush -

SCUAI - 7w8 sx/sp - Chaotic Evil - Fucking Cute - ALIVE

Blog. Read it, bitches.
    Questions? Click here
    If you don't agree about my MBTI type, you can complain about it here. I've had plenty of people telling me I'm something else, in my reputation box. That's annoying.

From the Undertow CuriousFeeling's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    EII

I think INFJs, by nature, love to learn about the world around them from a theoretical meta-perspective and seek to impart what they have learned to benefit the lives of others. They're always on a mission for a cause, and yearning for poetic justice.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Johari/Nohari

“Thoughts are the shadows of our feelings -- always darker, emptier and simpler.”
    ― Friedrich Nietzsche

MBTI
    ISFJ

Definitely Fi. The thought that moralistic congruence breeds excellence and the betterment of those around me, even if at face value I might look irresponsible to them.

It is about the introverted part of me and it's relationship to the physically expressive side of me. About the dynamic between the two.

ReflecTcelfeR

These functions help me understand everything about this world and I know that whatever happens I can understand and adjust to it accordingly.

MBTI
    INTJ

For me, it means, 'so that's what's wrong with me!' So now, instead of expending energy trying to be someone I'm not in order to fit in, I can pull away and find ways to make myself useful within the limits and strengths that I have.