ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by Abstract Thinker View Post
    @ Halla74:

Wow... just, wow!

I would never leave the house if I lived there!
    When I graduate from my Masters program I am locking myself in my den for a year.

I could comment (favorably) on every single photo you posted,, but I need to eat this sandwich and open this bottle of wine so I'll keep it short...
    I like your style!

- Fender acoustic guitar: hold on to it! There's something about guitars that gets into your heart. Me? A pawn shop Tele copy that's seen me through the worst of times.
    Like an old pair of blue jeans, they grow on you!

- Serato expensive and over-rated: agreed! That DJ rig must offer you infinite sound design and beat-making possibilities. Smart!
    It's a very intuitive package and very flexible. A friend of mine turned me onto it, I am very thankful to him...

- Virus:
    The best buy I have ever made. I bought it as a "Scratch and Dent" special for 35% off retail, it was brand new, the box corner was crushed on one edge, there is no damage on the board, and it has played perfectly from day 1...

- Sennheiser headphones: you are so right! $120? A steal.
    They even have a 1/8" stereo tip with a 1/4" adapter. I listen to these on my work PC. Further reason my coworkers think I am mad.

- RG550: Ouch. We've all sold a few gems and regretted it later. Mine was a Juno-106. :steam: and...
    Yeah, we both made a:

Thanks for posting those. Very very nice.
    You're very welcome. Hopefully we can jam some day!

Quote Originally Posted by INTP View Post
    arent open headphones usually better for monitoring than closed?
    Honestly, I don't know. I have only used these. Now I just might have to get a pair to see if your theory holds. You bastard.
    --------------------
    Type Stats:
    MBTI -> (E) 77.14% | (i) 22.86% ; (S) 60% | (n) 40% ; (T) 72.22% | (f) 27.78% ; (P) 51.43% | (j) 48.57%
    BIG 5 -> Extroversion 77% ; Accommodation 60% ; Orderliness 62% ; Emotional Stability 64% ; Open Mindedness 74%

Quotes:
    "If somebody asks your MBTI type on a first date, run". -Donna Cecilia
    "Enneagram is psychological underpinnings. Cognitive Functions are mental reasoning and perceptional processes. -Sanjuro

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Quote Originally Posted by Halla74 View Post
    Honestly, I don't know. I have only used these. Now I just might have to get a pair to see if your theory holds. You bastard.
    open headphones have more neutral bass and overall sound, this is why people prefer open headphones for monitoring. if you monitor with closed ones that have alot of bass for example and adjust the sound with them, you will end up adjusting the sound with too low bass. maybe they have managed to build a closed headphones with neutral sound tho, but i have heard all pros say that you should use open headphones when monitoring because of this more neutral sound on open ones.

akg makes some good low price (semi)open headphones for studio monitoring. I got akg k141 studio(they are discontinued tho) headphones and the sound is great for monitoring(i dont use them for that tho) and i like the neutral sound on them when listening music. its not that they have low bass, but the bass isnt exaggerated, but if the song has loud bass, they can play it loud and detailed. also i find open headphones more comfortable. they costed 86€ like two years ago.
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by INTP View Post
    open headphones have more neutral bass and overall sound, this is why people prefer open headphones for monitoring. if you monitor with closed ones that have alot of bass for example and adjust the sound with them, you will end up adjusting the sound with too low bass. maybe they have managed to build a closed headphones with neutral sound tho, but i have heard all pros say that you should use open headphones when monitoring because of this more neutral sound on open ones.

akg makes some good low price (semi)open headphones for studio monitoring. I got akg k141 studio(they are discontinued tho) headphones and the sound is great for monitoring(i dont use them for that tho) and i like the neutral sound on them when listening music. its not that they have low bass, but the bass isnt exaggerated, but if the song has loud bass, they can play it loud and detailed. also i find open headphones more comfortable. they costed 86€ like two years ago.
    That's interesting, and makes sense!

I will check out a pair of open headphones. Closed headphones can get uncomfortable. I wear my baseball cap underneath them if I am going to be wearing them for a long period of time.

Thanks for the info, dude!
    --------------------
    Type Stats:
    MBTI -> (E) 77.14% | (i) 22.86% ; (S) 60% | (n) 40% ; (T) 72.22% | (f) 27.78% ; (P) 51.43% | (j) 48.57%
    BIG 5 -> Extroversion 77% ; Accommodation 60% ; Orderliness 62% ; Emotional Stability 64% ; Open Mindedness 74%

Quotes:
    "If somebody asks your MBTI type on a first date, run". -Donna Cecilia
    "Enneagram is psychological underpinnings. Cognitive Functions are mental reasoning and perceptional processes. -Sanjuro