User Tag List

12 Last

Default Fallen Short of Expectations

Damn. I planned on going to bed at three am tonight. It's almost six am.

What plans and expectations have you broken lately? Post all your little (or big) unmet goals. But don't beat yourself up too much.

Quote Originally Posted by Mempy View Post

What plans and expectations have you broken lately? Post all your little (or big) unmet goals. But don't beat yourself up too much.
    Same as yours But if I had really planned on it, I wouldn't have started web-surfing.

I have many unmet goals, I am sure. I have accepted that and will make future goals, many of which will go unmet

I am happy today. I like the feeling.

Accept the past. Live for the present. Look forward to the future.
    Robot Fusion
    "As our island of knowledge grows, so does the shore of our ignorance." John Wheeler
    "[A] scientist looking at nonscientific problems is just as dumb as the next guy." Richard Feynman
    "[P]etabytes of [] data is not the same thing as understanding emergent mechanisms and structures." Jim Crutchfield

I have many unmet goals, I am sure. I have accepted that and will make future goals, many of which will go unmet

I am happy today. I like the feeling.
    Lol, ditto and ditto.

MBTI
    GONE

Not so much broken but changed: I planned on applying to grad school to make the incoming 2008 class. I decided I needed more time to work on my application and now I realize that that means I'll be pushed to 2009. Dammit, I'll be much older than I imagined by the time I get my grad degree! Too old!!

Somewhat expected but not so soon: I regained some of the weight I lost. Mostly during the winter holidays and culmulatively living the student lifestyle (lots of late night studying sessions involving food) this semester. I gained less than 1/3 of it back but I'm not freaking out about it, I'm just getting back on the wagon.

I was supposed to finish a script or two, apply to jobs, do some reading, and study for a licensing exam over my short winter break. Did a really poor job at all of those, but I realize it's my fault. I spent too much time at a relatives house when I could have easily focused on what I needed to do and spent shorter but more quality time with relatives over the break. Live and learn.

I know myself well enough to forecast correctly when I'll slip up or change my plans. So by breaking my resolutions, I really am meeting my expectations.

Huh, huh, pretty clever right?

The only truly painful goal that I've broken was that I thought I had come a long way emotionally and as a person to the point I expected and demanded respect for myself. I realize that I still have problem areas and this really bothers me. But again, live and learn.

Also I have to work on my relationships with friends. I'm really bad at keeping in touch and encouraging relationships and I promised myself that I'd do better, this was back in Sept. when the semester started. I'm getting back on the wagon, don't worry!

ish red no longer *sad* nightning's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj

I told myself I shouldn't beat myself up so much... It doesn't seem to work out very well though.

I also have a to-do list that still sitting around.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

I really need to lose some weight, and burning 2000-2500 extra a week isn't doing it because my eating habits are still for comfort.

I lost buku weight ten years ago just by eating when I was hungry and not eating when I wasn't. It's just such a long process before you get tangible results, though, that it is hard to stick with.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

I'm writing a book and I keep getting distracted by other things like new music I want (classic western swing, anybody?) and dead people. Stupid dead people.
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Mempy View Post

I planned on registering for my classes today, but I was so frustrated by the long lines I saw I would have to wait in that I decided to wait until Monday and show up early enough (a few minutes before they open rather an hour or so afterwards) that I don't have to sit up there that long. It didn't seem worth the wait today since I have all next week to register.

I also planned on not letting myself fall asleep in the middle of the day so that I won't have as rough a schedule shift as I usually push myself through when I start school back (although it doesn't feel that rough to me to change it, I've heard it's unhealthy to do so). I have a tendency to sleep in random 2-3 hour intervals throughout the day rather than just sleeping straight through when I don't have a reason to be anywhere. So without an actual reason (like a meeting, school, or another sort of plan) to get up early on a particular day, it's hard to do so. What I need to do is make some kind of plan to do something in particular by a certain time everyday, and that should fix it. I just haven't been able to find anything in particular that would need to be done consistently without being overtaxing.

MBTI
    ISTx

Quote Originally Posted by PinkPiranha View Post
    and dead people. Stupid dead people.
    Go on...

Quote Originally Posted by TheBeatGoesOn View Post
    Go on...
    Maybe she means that sexy hunk of a man in her avatar.

It's nine am in the morning. I STILL haven't been to bed! LOL! Not surprising, when you think that I didn't wake up until six pm today!

This will seem like an alien schedule to anyone who doesn't love staying up or hasn't been in the habit recently, haha. DANG, school starts Monday! Eeergh. Good thing I scheduled all my classes after noon. Smart thinkin'.