User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    ENFP

Default Extraverts, when are you introverted (and vice versa)?

Extraverts, do you display qualities of an introvert, and if so, when? And the same for introverts -- when are you most likely to be extraverted?

For me, I am very comfortable IN big groups but often not IN FRONT of them. I'm not always comfortable in front of public audiences (I often fear they will judge me ), but I am a definite attention-seeker. I re-energize ONLY when I'm around people and feel very depressed when I have to be in solitude. (Oftentimes doing so will cause me to descend into a state of misery where I can think only of the things I dislike about my life.) Though there are rare occasions when I would like to just get away (actually, this is usually only with people I don't like), in general the only times I display qualities of an introvert are when I'm not getting enough attention. I pretend to be shy and lonely in the hopes that an extravert will notice and try starting a conversation, at which point I will surprise them by drastically turning into an extravert. Sneaky, huh?

I'm also not as popular as I'd like to be, although I think the sheer fact that I crave it so much is definitely enough to make me an extravert.

Alright, alright, enough attention hogging for me. What about the rest of you?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    INFp

Quote Originally Posted by Spastic_Blondie View Post
    I am very comfortable IN big groups but often not IN FRONT of them.
    Interesting... I'm the opposite. Very uncomfortable in big groups, but very comfortable in front of them.

I'm a definite "I" though, so maybe that makes sense?

1. When Im hanging out with people who talk about things Im unfamiliar with...what can I say! lol... It sucks when your stuck with them for long periods of time, they think your shy but really your not, just cant relate with them.

2. When Im feeling moody. I dont want to be a burden and be all depressing around people, ya know.
    Fe | Ni | Se | Ti ... 3w4 ... Lawful Neutral ... Johari -Nohari

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Abstract Thinker View Post
    Interesting... I'm the opposite. Very uncomfortable in big groups, but very comfortable in front of them.

Me too. When I am in large groups of people, I tend to people watch. It's not that I'm overly uncomfortable, I just watch to see what happens. But when I am in front of large crows, I feel VERY comfortable.

I get really introverted when drinking as well, surprisingly.

As Long As It Takes.... Redbone's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

I am very introverted but when I meet people one on one--I feel pressured to fill up the conversation and I will absolutely run my mouth! I mean turn into a real Gabby-Gab. It's just a stupid defense mechanism:
    *I'm nervous as all get-out
    *I'm trying to deflect the conversation from going into more personal matters, like people asking me what I consider highly personal questions.
    *Trying to make small talk to cover up being "different".

I really shouldn't do it but I always seem to fall in that trap. You'd never guess I come away from these conversations trembling and exhausted.

MBTI
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by Sparrow View Post
    1. When Im hanging out with people who talk about things Im unfamiliar with...what can I say! lol... It sucks when your stuck with them for long periods of time, they think your shy but really your not, just cant relate with them.
    Hmm, good point. I suppose I was including that with the "people I don't like" bit. I should have mentioned people who bore me with unfamiliar topics. I get pretty bored if I have nothing to contribute to the conversation, and then I feel like running away. Not because I'm nervous or shy, but because I'd rather find another group to hang out with.

2. When Im feeling moody. I dont want to be a burden and be all depressing around people, ya know.
    Actually, I usually cheer up by being around people. If I spend time alone, I tend to become even moodier.

MBTI
    ENTP

im introverted a lot of the time
    probably because my apathetic view on people
    She talks pretty but says mean things

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

What do you mean by "introvert" and "extrovert"?

I'm quiet 75% of the time, remain in the background 80% of the time, but I'm an extrovert 100% of the time.

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

yeah... kind of the same as Trinity's problem there... I'm not a social butterfly or a party animal by any means... I don't talk loudly ever. I AM a definite extrovert though... that's how my brain works

You might not know that I'm an extrovert if you look at my social calendar, but I am one
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

Well, going by the definition of "introverts are drained from interacting with people and need time to recharge" I will say that I only get introverted as such when I am forced to socialize with people who I really do not care for.

For instance, years ago a good friend of mine invited me over to his place because he was having alot of friends come over. Well, I was invited to be the life of the party, in a group of stuck up intellectuals.

My buddy is a pHD, but he is not a snob. Some of his colleagues are big time snobs though, and his wife's friend's were definitley intellectual snobs. These people "drained me." After I figured out they all had sticks up their ass I gave up caring and just tore through the place, saying whatever I felt like saying with no real regard for their comfort.

They were not accepting of me and my wife, so I did not feel compelled to return the favor. When we were done there my wife and I went to play pool.

---------

Regarding groups of people, BRING IT ON!!! I love teaching classes, giving lectures, running meetings, doing stand up comedy, whatever, give me an audience and I am in my element. I love people, and I love performing, always have.
    --------------------
    Type Stats:
    MBTI -> (E) 77.14% | (i) 22.86% ; (S) 60% | (n) 40% ; (T) 72.22% | (f) 27.78% ; (P) 51.43% | (j) 48.57%
    BIG 5 -> Extroversion 77% ; Accommodation 60% ; Orderliness 62% ; Emotional Stability 64% ; Open Mindedness 74%

Quotes:
    "If somebody asks your MBTI type on a first date, run". -Donna Cecilia
    "Enneagram is psychological underpinnings. Cognitive Functions are mental reasoning and perceptional processes. -Sanjuro