User Tag List

First 12345 Last

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by Kingfisher View Post
    i have a subscription to National Geographic, and National Geographic Traveler. i was bummed when they stopped printing NG Adventure. did you ever read that one? it was cool.
    I've randomly read just about every National Geographic publication at one point or another... I LIKE to read about other places!
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

Let me count the ways Betty Blue's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7W6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    I've randomly read just about every National Geographic publication at one point or another... I LIKE to read about other places!
    Iv'e always loved it too. Never subscribed to anything though, but i do believe in recycling books and magazines. I bought a huge box of old second hand national gepgraphic magazines at the book stall in portobello for 2 pounds-great deal. I also like the idea that they have been read befor. They will be passed on to other hands too.
    "We knew he was someone who had a tragic flaw, that's where his greatness came from"

Hate

Well I don't actually subscribe to any magazines...But if I did then let's see... I would probably go with:
    Psychology Today - because it seems like it would interest me.
    Maxim - For the articles of course.
    and maybe ummm... a Cosmo or something - to educate my feminine side.

Nothing atm. A long time ago I subscribed to Rolling Stone and later on Powerlifting USA. That is it.

MBTI
    INTJ

I don't subscribe to anything. If I had a static address, I would subscribe to the Economist, though, which I occasionally buy and frequently browse online.
    "You will always be fond of me. I represent to you all the sins you never had the courage to commit."

Reason is, and ought only to be the slave of the passions, and can never pretend to any other office
    than to serve and obey them. - David Hume

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

I used to buy Commodore Format so regularly I might as well have subscribed, I had subscribed to the UK reprints of The Punisher before it went bust or stopped printing, the last magazine I subscribed to was, oddly enough, a horrible histories series but the newsagent was lousy and sold my copies every once in a while so I stopped going by there.

I've thought about subscribing to a sci fi magazine, its good not just for movies but dvds, books and paraphernalia too so I buy it when I need to read something on the train or travelling.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INFp

Computer and science mags in the past

Right now I am off magazines for life, after being in an industry where i was literally swamped and throwing out magazines by the bin full weekly, we are talking big bin. With every kind of magazine imaginable I developed allergies to touching the chemicals of the prints.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

Halla's Magazine Subscriptions / Why?

(1) Playboy / For the articles. (Just kidding, there is no smut in my house.)

FOR RLZ:

(2) Scientific American Mind / Great articles on all aspects of cognitive function.

(3) TIME / Because I have no cable TV, and do not read the newspaper regularly, so I like periodicals to keep current.

(4) Newsweek / See (3) above...

(5) Florida Design / For inspiration as to how to build the ultimate Hacienda when I have the $$$.

(6) GQ / For fashion trends, insane gadgets, cool advertisements, and free cologne samples.
    --------------------
    Type Stats:
    MBTI -> (E) 77.14% | (i) 22.86% ; (S) 60% | (n) 40% ; (T) 72.22% | (f) 27.78% ; (P) 51.43% | (j) 48.57%
    BIG 5 -> Extroversion 77% ; Accommodation 60% ; Orderliness 62% ; Emotional Stability 64% ; Open Mindedness 74%

Quotes:
    "If somebody asks your MBTI type on a first date, run". -Donna Cecilia
    "Enneagram is psychological underpinnings. Cognitive Functions are mental reasoning and perceptional processes. -Sanjuro

Rainy Day Member Ingrid in grids's Avatar

I like New Scientist and Scientific American. Scientific American Mind is also a good. I tend to buy them depending on the issue. I also like to buy the odd Lit Journal, again depending on the issue.

The only magazine I buy every issue without fail is Art & Australia.

My sister is going into Magazine Journalism and PR - specifically Fashion/Culture. She has subscriptions to almost everything. I usually nab her Vogue and Oyster.