User Tag List

12 Last

MBTI
    GONE

Default Manners in public vs Manners in 'private'

I'm typing this with dirty fingers and a dirty face as I'm half eating a left over fast food dinner and browsing the interwebz. I have two small dogs eyeing my food as I eat so I was making predator growling sounds as I bit into my chicken. I was laughing as I ate because I would *NEVER* eat like this or act like this in public, or if I thought anyone outside of immediate family was watching me.

Sooooooooooooo, roundabout way to ask a simple question:

Are your manners much different when you are alone or with SO/immediate family? Or are they much the same?

Examples, please!
    “If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.” ― Oscar Wilde

"I'm outtie 5000" ― Romulux

Johari/Nohari

MBTI
    esTJ
    Enneagram
    875 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ESTx

When I'm with family or my inner circle, it's almost like being alone. I'm more likely to belch or fart unabashedly, and so are they. When I'm with other people, or in public, I use my manners.
    Murphy Brown: What is it with us? Why can't we take the easy road once in awhile?
    Avery Brown: Because it's boring and dishonest and uncomfortable, like wearing a pair of shoes all day that pinch your feet.

approx 55% ES, 90% TJ

Lungs & Lips Locked Unkindloving's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    ENFj

It usually just pertains to eating. I'll eat much quicker and carelessly by myself or around family members, than i will around random people or friends.
    I used to be so awkward about my eating habits that i would refuse to eat around people who weren't family or if anyone looked at me.
    I'll be less inclined to be nice about it if someone is gawking these days .

Everything else, i'm fairly mannerly about.
    Hang on traveling woman - Don't sacrifice your plan
    Cause it will come back to you - Before you lose it on the man

.:: DWTWD ::.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

2011 TypeC Exercise Challenge - My Weekly Goals: Cardio 4x. Yoga/Pilates 1x. Pushups 70.

There is this thing keeping everyone's lungs and lips locked - It is called fear and it's seeing a great renaissance

MBTI
    infp

Quote Originally Posted by mnestic View Post
    When I'm with family or my inner circle, it's almost like being alone. I'm more likely to belch
    same as. My friends are just an extension of me so around them it's nothing to just kick back and be myself. In public, around people I don't really know, I have better manners.
    Echo - "So are you trying to say she is Evil"

DeWitt - "Something far worse, she's an Idealist"

Berb's Johari Berb's Nohari

ReflecTcelfeR

Manners... are foreign to me; I think it's due to the whole I'll do it how I want complex. I'm very messy when I eat. It's just how I do it, people may at times call it revulsive, but why change and alter something that pleases me for someone I don't know (those watching me). I usually end up saying what I wish too as well, it's funny because those that know me accept this, and those who don't can't really comprehend, or criticize me because they don't. So very few people ever really call me out. SUPERIORITY COMPLEX!!! rawr.

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

I tend to use excellent manners in public and decent manners around family and friends... if it's me by myself everything is finger food
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

Decent manners with family and unkonown eoples, dirty manners with friends.
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

"I don't believe in guilt, I only believe in living on impulses"

"Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    I tend to use excellent manners in public and decent manners around family and friends... if it's me by myself everything is finger food
    Yes I'm almost exactly the same, but replace 'excellent' with 'good'.
    Your kisses, sweeter than honey. But guess what, so is my money.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    Yeah, that.
    But that's just me.

I guess the point is I do adjust behavior depending on the situation and the familiarity level of the people around me.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    468 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII None

There's no difference for me.