User Tag List

Thread: Noetics

Senior Member InsatiableCuriosity's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

Default Noetics

Not certain whether this belongs in science and/or philosophy but it has come to my attention with increasing frequency over the past few years.

What do you know about Noetics from both a scientific perspective (open minded) and a spiritual perspective?

I would be grateful if anyone could recommend some good reading matter that is not just dismissive or, on the other end of the scale, obsessively exclusive?

I am at the moment very open minded but from what little I have seen so far, it is consistent with my own instincts/observations/intuition.
    "Study hard what interests you the most in the most undisciplined, irreverent and original manner possible."
    — Richard P. Feynman

"Never tell a person a thing is impossible. G*d/the Universe may have been waiting all this time for someone ignorant enough of the impossibility to do just that thing."
    author unknown

MBTI
    Mine
    Enneagram
    1w9

It sounds potentially interesting, at least as material for speculation - but I know virtually nothing about it. Are there any good online reference sources?
    Look into my avatar. Look deep into my avatar...

Senior Member InsatiableCuriosity's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

Not certain - the latest SciFi from Traci Harding is based on it and includes in the bibliography references to the work of journalist Lynne McTaggart. I want to read Lynne McTaggart's book and anything anyone else can recommend???

What the Bleep and the scientists talking in it allude strongly to it.

Lynne McTaggart's website:

The Books | The Intention Experiment
    "Study hard what interests you the most in the most undisciplined, irreverent and original manner possible."
    — Richard P. Feynman

"Never tell a person a thing is impossible. G*d/the Universe may have been waiting all this time for someone ignorant enough of the impossibility to do just that thing."
    author unknown