User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    ISFJ

Default If you were alone

If you knew you were going to be alone all your life, no kids, no family, losing contacts with friends and the place were you grew up....

If that was a certainty, if you were to spend a life without attachments...

What would you do with your life? What would be your fulfilling main goal/cause?

EDIT: Alone, but free to go anywhere! And talking with people and making friends! But knowing full well it would be temporary until you had to move somewhere else.
    Last edited by Moiety; 07-14-2010 at 08:15 AM.

The Duchess of Oddity Queen Kat's Avatar
    MBTI
    E.T.
    Enneagram
    7w8

I don't know if I could live that way. I've already spent years in some isolation and that already was torture. Receiving attention is like oxygen to me, if I didn't get any of that I'd probably go mad.
    I was sitting outside the classroom waiting to go in, and I saw an airplane hit the tower. The TV was obviously on. I used to fly myself and I said, "There's one terrible pilot."
    - George W. Bush -

SCUAI - 7w8 sx/sp - Chaotic Evil - Fucking Cute - ALIVE

Blog. Read it, bitches.
    Questions? Click here
    If you don't agree about my MBTI type, you can complain about it here. I've had plenty of people telling me I'm something else, in my reputation box. That's annoying.

MBTI
    ISFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Saint Kat View Post
    I don't know if I could live that way. I've already spent years in some isolation and that already was torture. Receiving attention is like oxygen to me, if I didn't get any of that I'd probably go mad.
    Meh, I'm becoming more comfortable being a loner. What only bugs me is wasting my time on this Earth doing nothing meaningful.

I always regarded people working on missions, and traveling all of their life unattached, in serve of a cause or something like that. It's nice to have a sense of purpose. Like a vigilante or something

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Sytpg View Post
    What only bugs me is wasting my time on this Earth doing nothing meaningful.
    You'll get over that.
    If you knew you were going to be alone all your life, no kids, no family, losing contacts with friends and the place were you grew up....
    So melodramatic! Did you just break up with your gf or something?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

Smile

What would you do with your life? What would be your fulfilling main goal/cause?
    I would follow my inner life.

I would live in a hermitage and follow a routine every day.

But my routine would be like a spiral taking me higher and deeper.

I would discover many precious jewels along the way and when my time came, I would die happy.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Saint Kat View Post
    Attention is like oxygen and we love to pay you attention.

MBTI
    ISFJ

Victor, that is all fine and dandy. But what would your routine be? I'm not one for survival. My productivity would have to go beyond my own life.

Quote Originally Posted by Morgan Le Fay View Post
    You'll get over that.
    For all the Ti in me...nah, I won't.

Quote Originally Posted by Morgan Le Fay View Post
    So melodramatic! Did you just break up with your gf or something?
    Hypothetical scenario. Maybe I have a problem I'm not too comfortable sharing. Maybe I'm a prude gay man. Maybe I have AIDS. Maybe I like being alone.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    8w7

I would sell everything too big to fit in a van or on my person and just travel everywhere. Probably document a lot of stuff on video and make obscure mini documentaries or something like that. If I didn't have any connections to anyone I wouldn't feel the need to be grounded anywhere so I'd just wander and observe mostly.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.” -Nietzsche

This would be the ideal life for me, I was just about to do a thread on this. Nice one Syt!

[unfortunately practicality, and already formed attachment/bonds, hinder me from achieving this].

But, I often have thoughts of just one day getting up, and just disappearing.....

The whole point of not having any attachments would be that I also would not then be attached in any real way to my "self", so there's no "goals".

It's to just be, live, experience, keep moving through life, see, learn, chase a curiosity that enters my head, participate in moments that I happen upon, leaving it hopefully a little bit "better", and move on, to see what's around the next corner.......

...no expectations....just keep moving. With eyes and mind wide open. Wherever it takes you.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Hypothetical scenario. Maybe I have a problem I'm not too comfortable sharing. Maybe I'm a prude gay man. Maybe I have AIDS. Maybe I like being alone.
    None of those things would result in your being totally alone. It's actually very difficult to achieve that - almost a life's work in itself - and it doesn't sound like it would be very satisfying to someone who cherishes the notion of "making a difference". To make a difference, there has to be someone you are making the difference to/for.
    Ergo,

[youtube="C73NjVQoRww"]when you wish upon a star...[/youtube]
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.