User Tag List

First 3456 Last

Quote Originally Posted by Kra View Post
    These two posts, in that order, made me laugh.

<--- Delightfully juvenile.
    Aye, that's not what I meant.

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

I can't imagine living like that forever. I'd probably try to kill myself.

Actually, I wonder... are humans capable of living alone forever? I know that humans are social creatures by nature but it seems like plenty live for extended periods of time alone. I don't know if this is mentally good or bad but they definitely want it that way. Do humans reach a point where they have had enough of other humans?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    468 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII None

The virtue of a life like that is that it is carefree. The point would be to enjoy your being carefree without feeling guilty or like you have to be something different in order to justify your existence.

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

I think a lot of people desire something to be passionate about in life. They want to spend their days doing something that they feel inspired to do, not just what they have to do to survive. Brownie points if it's easy.

facettes de la petite mor Words of Ivory's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Sytpg View Post
    If you knew you were going to be alone all your life, no kids, no family, losing contacts with friends and the place were you grew up....

If that was a certainty, if you were to spend a life without attachments...

What would you do with your life? What would be your fulfilling main goal/cause?
    Honestly? I'd probably end up killing myself.

A life without close people would be a life not worth living to me.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Life calls out the meaning of pure jubilance,
    if you'll only take the time to hear it."
    ~ Words of Ivory ~

ReflecTcelfeR

Quote Originally Posted by Giggly View Post
    I can't imagine living like that forever.
    Actually, I wonder... are humans capable of living alone forever? I know that humans are social creatures by nature but it seems like plenty live for extended periods of time alone. I don't know if this is mentally good or bad but they definitely want it that way. Do humans reach a point where they have had enough of other humans?
    I actually took this idea to a different philosophical stand point, to where you were born into a black room an expanse that is extremely large with nothing in it, you are floating in the middle of this expanse. Simply a black room and no one would ever enter it. Obviously you could not live without food, so you are self-sustainable. I wondered what you would think about if this were to happen. No physical surroundings besides yourself. No real value to the thought though.

MBTI
    ISFJ

Okay, mega thread fail!THREAD FAIL!

I realize now I explained myself terribly in the first post so I just edited to make more sense.

Well, I suppose my main goal would be to enhance the days of others, if even minutely. Little moments of kindness can go a long way, at least for myself. I picture moving from place to place and just trying to brighten the days everyone I meet, it can be done simply or it can be quite involved, sometimes just a smile can do it, other times just listening or helping out in general. I am unsure if I would move onto bigger ventures since I would be a temporary moment in the life of another, but maybe, I would have to see how it played out; it would all depend upon how temporary I was in my wandering.
    "It is not length of life, but depth of life." ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

"Thought breeds thought." ~ Henry David Thoreau

MBTI
    ISFJ

I'm thinking of joining the Peace Corps (or the european equivalent anyway). I think it might be too much reality for me for long periods of my life but as on the other hand I'm kinda afraid that once I try it a first time I might never wanna stop.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Sytpg View Post
    Okay, mega thread fail!THREAD FAIL!

I realize now I explained myself terribly in the first post so I just edited to make more sense.
    Having read your edit, I submit a new response.

Well, considering that much of the suffering of this sort comes from my Ni endlessly expounding on possibilities, having them eliminated would be quite freeing. Ni could then focus on exploration.

Who knows, I might actually be able to enjoy people for who they are, and not for who I expect them to be for once. So, I guess my response is the same, become a Taoist wanderer.
    Function Activity:
    Ni > Te > Ti = Fi > Ne > Si = Fe > Se