MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILE Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Sytpg View Post
    The latter.
    It wouldn't bother me that much, I'm not very attached. I'd just make new friends and move on.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Teacher (Idyllic), ESE-IEI (Si-ESFj), SLue|I|, Sanguine-Melancholy
    Sage, True Neutral (Chaotic Good), Type III Anti-Hero
    Inventive > Artistic > Leisurely > Dramatic
    7w6 > 4w3 > 9w8, weakside sp/so

Dark Worker (Sacrificing)
    Freewheeling Designer

Hayekian Asshole

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

I mean loneliness
    Okay.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Well, if I am allowed to make new attachments, then it's not as bad as I thought. You had said a life of no attachments, so I had imagined drifting through society without ever going beyond mere acquaintances with anyone.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

MBTI
    ISFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    Well, if I am allowed to make new attachments, then it's not as bad as I thought. You had said a life of no attachments, so I had imagined drifting through society without ever going beyond mere acquaintances with anyone.
    Yes, as always I was exaggerating in hopes people would take it abstractly and just give an equal extreme answer :P

But I do mean single, and traveling. As much of a people person you are, you won't make any long term serious attachments that way.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 so/sx
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

I'd create the best imaginary friends possible, or I'd just change the probability that this happening wouldn't be inevitable.

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

I actually try to live like this now, as if this life is how is going to be. I spend extended periods of time alone, I also prioritize what I like to do by myself. I do more things for myself, and I make a regular habit of cooking odd things (love to recipe bake) and keeping my life organized.
    Quote Originally Posted by EffEmDoubleyou View Post
    St. Stephen took rocks and St. Sebastian took arrows. You only have to take some jerks on an internet forum. Nut up.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

there's apart of me that believes a life like that would be very fulfilling...not being tied to a place based on your attachments...meeting and having experiences with new people constantly but being focused on your own goals...not being influenced by others...or have to make any compromises...i think it would be awesome to set up some sort of organization that helps people create better lives for themselves...teaching them basic life skills...coaching them on how to dress...how to behave in interviews...showing them the available resources for financial assistance...that kind of thing...i know there are organizations similar to this that help battered women and such...i think they're great and could see getting involved within the community in a similar way...i also like the idea of having after school care in local low income communities that focused on teaching the kids certain life skills they may not get at home...certain socialization skills...maybe art and music programs. i think children need more help getting a good start in life and i hate that it's only children born into privilege that often get one..

so yeah...traveling around...getting to know the people in those communities...asking for support and volunteers and then moving on to the next one sound like a pretty meaningful life.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

As Long As It Takes.... Redbone's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Complete and total immersion into math and physics.

Maybe hydrology.

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Redbone View Post
    Complete and total immersion into math and physics.

Maybe hydrology.
    The more I read of your posts Red Bone the more and more I'm totally intrigued.

I hope that's not all weird and obsessive sounding

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

If you knew you were going to be alone all your life, no kids, no family, losing contacts with friends and the place were you grew up....

If that was a certainty, if you were to spend a life without attachments...

What would you do with your life? What would be your fulfilling main goal/cause?
    I look upon such a life as the road not taken, having accepted a number of relationships and personal attachments in my life. I often wonder how my life would be different were I essentially alone: would it be better? Were I alone, I would devote much more time to my career, and to my hobbies. These offer many fulfilling and worthwhile goals that benefit others in many ways, without necessarily requiring personal attachments. Perhaps it would just be exchanging one type of fulfillment for another.