User Tag List

First 78910111959109 Last

MBTI
    GONE

Quote Originally Posted by Wandering View Post
    I'll be merciful and just assume that it's because you gals, unlike me, haven't been raised on TRUE chocolate :rolli: So your tastebuds are stunted or something
    I agree! To an extent, some people just really don't like chocolate but --

Most commercial store brand chocolate has A LOT of fillers and wax ('emulsifiers'). Or is made from cocoa powder the cheap alternative.

I used to work at an ostensibly Belgian chocolate store and I ate pounds and pounds of chocolate during my time there. The good stuff is GOOD.

I like Nutella but not so much a fan of praline...which I think Nutella technically is. Not a fan of soft chocolates usually.

I like solid dark chocolate, dark chocolate with nuts/caramel, then milk chocolate. 'Mouthfeel' (I know it sounds gross, but that's what you call that criteria of food) and texture is important. Some truffles which are crumbly and then melt in your mouth. Yummy!

White chocolate is made from cocoa butter and not the same part of the chocolate bean that 'chocolate' is made from.

BTW, mice like white chocolate more than the regular kind...don't ask me how I know this.

I've tried a lot of brands of chocolate, including the boutique brands with nice packaging and the quality and taste of chocolate is all over the place.

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Alcearos View Post
    White chocolate is not real chocolate. It's not brown!
    And no antioxidants. None of us like white chocolate. Bitter(sweet) is better!

Jae Rae
    Proud Female Rider in Maverick's Bike Club.

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by CzeCze View Post
    I use to eat Nutella way back when in highschool (we would get from the black market which probably sounds a lot more romantic and exotic than it is) until my brother showed me his habit of eating directly from the container with a spoon and double triple quadruple dip. I had started noticing unnaturally 'shiny' scoop marks and he showed me the reason.

The 'shininess' was from saliva in case you didn't already infer it from the description.
    GROSS!!!

My husband eats Nutella straight from the pot too, but he does it in a clean way. Come on, *visible saliva* :eek: ???

I should compare the nutrition labels again but the last time I saw Nutella on the shelves next to peant butter, I opted for 'heart smart' peanut butter.
    Hum, yeah, I wouldn't call Nutella a "healthy" food, not even close

'Mouthfeel' (I know it sounds gross, but that's what you call that criteria of food) and texture is important. Some truffles which are crumbly and then melt in your mouth. Yummy!
    I agree, I salivatingly agree!

BTW, mice like white chocolate more than the regular kind...don't ask me how I know this.
    How do you know this ?

(Yes, I know, that was too easy. But resisting temptation has never been my forte )

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

I was never a choco-holic myself, but darn sure I'd take someone's arm off for Galaxy chocolate. I acquired the taste while in Ireland. Can't eat chocolate anymore - gives me migraines.
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious

heart on fire

I'll be merciful and just assume that it's because you gals, unlike me, haven't been raised on TRUE chocolate :rolli: So your tastebuds are stunted or something

Seriously though (or maybe, on second read, not so seriously ): I didn't have ANY food problems back when I spent a year as an exchange student in Western Canada, except for chocolate! I just couldn't find ANY reasonably acceptable chocolate !! It was a sign of my desperation that I finally resorted to eating M&Ms in lieu of chocolate ...
    The truer the chocolate, the less likely I am to favor it.

Quote Originally Posted by Alcearos View Post
    White chocolate is not real chocolate. It's not brown!
    That's why I said "so-called." It is still a lot better than chocolate. All the texture and sweet without the bitter.

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

something I hate-

having a headache
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    something I hate-

having a headache
    Fess up, what did you do this time :rolli: ? Forgot to sleep again? Laughed too hard? Too much booze? Or is it just karma for having teased one of those poor Engineering students into insanity ?

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    873 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

something I hate-

having a headache
    Amen

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

Fess up, what did you do this time :rolli: ? Forgot to sleep again? Laughed too hard? Too much booze? Or is it just karma for having teased one of those poor Engineering students into insanity ?
    I dropped a pan on my head from the top shelf of my pantry! other notes- I hate shelves that are above my easy reaching zone and I am not so fond of Issac Newton (going around inventing gravity and calculus- the man needs to be kicked! :steam

“Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    INFJ

I dropped a pan on my head from the top shelf of my pantry!
    OUCH!!!