User Tag List

First 6789101858108 Last

heart on fire

Chocolate is okay, but I don't think it is the food of the gods like so many people seem to think it is.

I would take so-called "white chocolate" over chocolate any day.

~dangerous curves ahead~
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    *shudders* I hate Nutella as well!

I think it's a texture thing actually- and the fact that I don't like chocolate :sad:
    Quote Originally Posted by mnestic View Post
    *prepares to hand in Female card*

It's yuck.
    Tritto.

Nutella is kinda like fake chocolate. Not a chocolate fan too. Can't eat a lot of it. A few pieces now and then is fine, but no cravings for it whatsoever.

MBTI
    INFJ

I'll be merciful and just assume that it's because you gals, unlike me, haven't been raised on TRUE chocolate :rolli: So your tastebuds are stunted or something

Seriously though (or maybe, on second read, not so seriously ): I didn't have ANY food problems back when I spent a year as an exchange student in Western Canada, except for chocolate! I just couldn't find ANY reasonably acceptable chocolate !! It was a sign of my desperation that I finally resorted to eating M&Ms in lieu of chocolate ...

~dangerous curves ahead~
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Wandering View Post
    I'll be merciful and just assume that it's because you gals, unlike me, haven't been raised on TRUE chocolate :rolli: So your tastebuds are stunted or something

Seriously though (or maybe, on second read, not so seriously ): I didn't have ANY food problems back when I spent a year as an exchange student in Western Canada, except for chocolate! I just couldn't find ANY reasonably acceptable chocolate !! It was a sign of my desperation that I finally resorted to eating M&Ms in lieu of chocolate ...
    maybe you're right. . . how about sending a box of quality french chocolates my way now?

Seriously I guess it is because I don't snack at all, so all the sweets, tidbits, chips etc have no appeal for me. I love a cup of pure hot chocolate (like you get in Spain or Paris), but I guess in the normal form it is just like another tidbit to me. sacrebleu!

M&Ms are cute. I always wondered how they coated them with the sugar coat all sides round perfectly and stamped the little Ms on everyone of them. Have you ever had an naked (unstamped) M&M?

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by aelan View Post
    how about sending a box of quality french chocolates my way now?
    I'm actually partial to Belgian and Swiss chocolates myself

Seriously I guess it is because I don't snack at all, so all the sweets, tidbits, chips etc have no appeal for me.
    I wonder if the scientists will one day discover the gene behind such "snack allergy". I'd volunteer for gene therapy right away

M&Ms are cute. I always wondered how they coated them with the sugar coat all sides round perfectly and stamped the little Ms on everyone of them. Have you ever had an naked (unstamped) M&M?
    Not that I can remember. But I like to "undress" my M&Ms in my mouth (take off the sugar coat first, before eating the chocolate center)

MBTI
    infp
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    fuck

I hate trolls. And stalkers.

But the worst are stalking trolls.

When I lack confidence.
    When I can't express myself but am DYING to.
    The bitchy administration at my university who can't take any sort of criticism and actually make me think my education might be in jeopardy if I push against their tyranny and idiocy.
    Narrow minded jerks who put everything down, even their moms. Their noses are perpetually in the air and their empathy was locked in a lightless coffin long ago.
    School.
    Projects!!!
    Homework!!!
    Having no money.
    Being scared of bills.

That bitch of a manager who fired me the week my uncle died and my dog got out. She wanted me to show up for work on my uncle's funeral, and when I didn't show up, she fired me. Not just fired me, but cut me off in the middle of my explanation on the phone with her callous, "Yeah, you don't work here anymore." Shove it, Debbie.

People who make assumptions about your thoughts. The kind that thinks they know what you think better than you do, and are always assuming what you're thinking and responding to what they THINK you're thinking. Are you two steps ahead of me? No, you're five steps behind me, so shut up now and get this straight: my thoughts are beyond you until I tell you about them.
    Last edited by Mempy; 01-08-2008 at 06:33 AM.
    They're running just like you
    For you, and I, wooo
    So people, people, need some good ol' love

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ????

Quote Originally Posted by heart View Post
    Chocolate is okay, but I don't think it is the food of the gods like so many people seem to think it is.

I would take so-called "white chocolate" over chocolate any day.
    White chocolate is not real chocolate. It's not brown!

MBTI
    GONE

Quote Originally Posted by FMWarner View Post
    I think the French use Nutella in a lot of the ways we would use peanut butter. In the spirit of international brotherhood, I like them together

Also, if you like nut butters, there is a place in the LA Farmer's Market at 3rd and Fairfax that grinds a bunch of kinds right in front of you. Bliss.
    I use to eat Nutella way back when in highschool (we would get from the black market which probably sounds a lot more romantic and exotic than it is) until my brother showed me his habit of eating directly from the container with a spoon and double triple quadruple dip. I had started noticing unnaturally 'shiny' scoop marks and he showed me the reason.

The 'shininess' was from saliva in case you didn't already infer it from the description.

And mom didn't yell at him when I complained because she said I didn't need to be eating fattening things like Nutella. As if I couldn't get my fix from 3 French bakeries within walking distance from us!

And I get my nut butter fix from hippie food co-ops where you can grind your own! Yummeh!

I should compare the nutrition labels again but the last time I saw Nutella on the shelves next to peant butter, I opted for 'heart smart' peanut butter. Which doesn't have nearly as much oiliness as a nut butter should have.

Fresh nut butter, especially peanut or almond, is really good on hemp gluten free waffles btw.

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

gluten free waffles!
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett