User Tag List

First 2868767778798088128178 Last

MBTI
    istp

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    Definitley people should be trained by midwesterners on how to drive in snow
    it is quite possible to become too experienced with snow driving. this results in the driver taking certain liberties with the low-friction or even friction-free nature of snow and ice that, although fun for him, scares the shit out of his passengers

personally i love driving snow just for this reason

`~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Interestingly enough, having been born and raised in L.A. traffic, I've found that compared to most others, I am almost entirely immune to the assholery, incompetence and obnoxiousness exhibited by my fellow drivers.

I tune it (traffic) along with them (morons) out.

I don't even use my horn.

Granted, I'm never in a rush to get anywhere, and I'm sure that if I was, my calm-as-a-cucumber demeanor, would surely disintegrate.
    `
    'Cause you can't handle me...

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

"That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

MBTI
    GONE

I also used to be a really relaxed driver. I've heard the SoCal traffic is pretty bad. It's pretty consistent in the bay area as well since we rely so much on freeways and highways.

But DC traffic is just crazy. The tiny 'big city' grew way too fast in the last couple decades and is at max capacity. Total and utter gridlock. It's nuts. and people can't drive for shit And I always had somewhere to go and had to get there exactly on time. And you get sick of being in your car all the time, so yeah, I'm pretty good at getting through traffic.

Plus all the government workers are going to work from 5am-9am and coming home from 2pm-6pm so basically you get steady traffic and massive gridlock. People constantly get into accidents on the beltway.

I became a super aggressive driver on the east coast by NorCal standards, so maybe normal by LA standards?

Hahaha.

My friend from LA said she also doesn't get stressed on the road or be a road-rager, but it's also because she assumes (being from LA) the other driver has a gun and is crazy.
    “If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.” ― Oscar Wilde

"I'm outtie 5000" ― Romulux

Johari/Nohari

Enneagram
    4 so/sp

I actually have something to add to this thread!

I *hate* the dumbass apartment resident who remote-starts his F-350 and lets it sit there in the parking lot, idling, for at minimum 15 minutes, and sometimes up to half an hour, before he gets his lazy butt outside and drives the monster truck away. In the meantime, the windows of my apartment rattle the entire time as I'm trying to fall asleep...

While I'm at it, I hate the grilles people put on the front bumpers of their large SUV's.

I also hate SUV's in general, and pickup trucks that are larger than the 150 class. As well as any pickup trucks with stadium lights up top or oversized tires. And/or a Calvin Pissing sticker in the back windshield, or any other sticker in a similar vein.

I also hate NASCAR.
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...Gd5N3NZZE52QjQ

no clinkz 'til brooklyn Nocapszy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Grayscale View Post
    it is quite possible to become too experienced with snow driving. this results in the driver taking certain liberties with the low-friction or even friction-free nature of snow and ice that, although fun for him, scares the shit out of his passengers

personally i love driving snow just for this reason
    Second.
    we fukin won boys

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainChick View Post
    I don't even use my horn.
    Just dodge right? It's actually easier. And I drive a goddamn blazer.

I know it's not a good idea to weave around with a damn SUV but... I just can't help myself.

Advise all who don't to try it. It's fun if not easier. But it is easier.

Wait... this is the hate one.

Grr I hate driving.

Sorry whatever.
    we fukin won boys

MBTI
    ISTx

I too don't use my horn. I can't recall the last time I did. I drive a good amount too and have seen plenty of shitty drivers... Instead of scrambling to my horn which normally is of no benefit to anyone (it just shows that you're pissed off - which again, is of no benefit to anyone) I concentrate on how I need to drive in order not to let things escalate into a wreck or whatever. Only time I'd really use my horn is if someone is stopped at a green light and not paying attention. Fuck the people that get pissed off when you try to "nudge" them because they suck at driving/paying attention.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

i use my horn if other drivers are assholes. like, if they don't signal or anything, and just stop in the street. or if they do something dangerous.

i know it doesn't work on many people, but there are some people out there that will actually take it to heart when they get honked at.

god, every time i've been honked at (maybe twice?) i couldn't get it out of my head for a while.

it's just negative reinforcement. when someone fucks up, i honk. (of course, i define fucking up...)

MBTI
    ENTP

It would really only work if you could record a message so when you pressed the horn it would say something like "DICKSHIT!" or... I don't know.

You could have several recording and then keep them all on different buttons like speed racer.
    we fukin won boys

ish red no longer *sad* nightning's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj

I hate glasses that gets in the way... makes taking off and putting on a fencing mask difficult... also makes it difficult to see when I have to lunge.