User Tag List

First 567891757107 Last

MBTI
    GONE

Quote Originally Posted by substitute View Post
    I just hate peanut butter.
    Is that a French thing?

My American teacher who taught French language told me that the French find peanut butter distateful and don't eat it. Especialy the smell of it. One or two French expats (including my crazy roommate) I met in in NYC also said they didn't like peanut butter and they were from the countryside.

I like nut butters. Like macademia nut and almond. Or 'natural' salty peanut butter where the oil gathers at the top.

You can eat it or use it as a moisturizer!

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by CzeCze View Post
    Is that a French thing?

My American teacher who taught French language told me that the French find peanut butter distateful and don't eat it. Especialy the smell of it. ...
    I don't know... but now I come to think of it, I don't know anyone in France who likes it. In fact I don't think I've ever encountered it over there... but I've spent an awful lot of time in England and it's eaten here. I just don't like it neat... well, I tend to think of it as an ingredient rather than a condiment. It's nice used in flapjack recipes and stuff, but on its own or on bread or whatever

The English have Marmite, which nobody outside of England seems to like - but I do!
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

"When it all comes down to dust
    I will kill you if I must
    I will help you if I can" - Leonard Cohen

Is that a French thing?

My American teacher who taught French language told me that the French find peanut butter distateful and don't eat it. Especialy the smell of it. One or two French expats (including my crazy roommate) I met in in NYC also said they didn't like peanut butter and they were from the countryside.

I like nut butters. Like macademia nut and almond. Or 'natural' salty peanut butter where the oil gathers at the top.

You can eat it or use it as a moisturizer!
    I think the French use Nutella in a lot of the ways we would use peanut butter. In the spirit of international brotherhood, I like them together

Also, if you like nut butters, there is a place in the LA Farmer's Market at 3rd and Fairfax that grinds a bunch of kinds right in front of you. Bliss.

MBTI
    INFJ

Is that a French thing?

Peanut butter is pretty rare in France. Very much an exotic acquired taste. I used to love it... until I ate too much of it

There's no such thing as eating too much Nutella, though

I don't hate anything by the way. Takes too much energy to hate stuff, I'm way too lazy for that

MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None

I hate Nutella!
    Time is a delicate mistress.

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Jen View Post
    I hate Nutella!
    But... But... You're a *woman* !! And you even have *kids*, so everything is apparently in order with you! So how can you hate Nutella??? Don't you know that women are GENETICALLY programmed to love Nutella ?

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

*shudders* I hate Nutella as well!

I think it's a texture thing actually- and the fact that I don't like chocolate :sad:
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    *shudders* I hate Nutella as well!

I think it's a texture thing actually- and the fact that I don't like chocolate :sad:
    You don't like chocolate? What are you, a communist or something? :crazy:

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

I HATE the texture of chocolate! it always seems to kinna get caught in my throat when I'm trying to swallow it and such! Also, I don't really like sweets that much, which probably explains that somewhat as well! (for instance- I almost NEVER eat dessert )
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    esTJ
    Enneagram
    875 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ESTx

Quote Originally Posted by Wandering View Post
    But... But... You're a *woman* !! And you even have *kids*, so everything is apparently in order with you! So how can you hate Nutella??? Don't you know that women are GENETICALLY programmed to love Nutella ?

*prepares to hand in Female card*

It's yuck.