User Tag List

First 3644454647485696146 Last

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ExTJ

Recoleta: Here's a simple way to handle your problem. Send me some contact information of the person who is getting married, and I will call/email them up to explain that it is more efficient in terms of time and money to get a less expensive wedding in general, and bridesmaid equipment in particular. After a few days of this, you can explain that your internet friend can be very stubborn in his viewpoints on these sorts of things, but that you can get him off the engaged person's back if she agrees to change to cheaper items for the bridesmaids and/or agrees to pay for them herself. (Just make sure to actually tell me afterwards.)

MBTI
    ISXJ

Zergling: Lol...thank you for the kind sentiments and the offer to torture my friend for me.

It's ok though, my friend is a terribly generous ESFX (if I had to guess her type). She has done a lot for me in the past (and the present too) so the least I can do is humor her while she goes through her bride-zilla phase. I'm blunt and sarcastic in real life, so my opinions on the matter are no secret to her. She knows I'm poor and I told her I hate the color she chose for the dress (well, I sugar-coated that blow a little)...lol...but thankfully I think she has changed her mind on the color. Yes, financially, this engagement came at a bad time, but I'll get over it...such is life. She is my friend, and as a bridesmaid it is my job to see that she is happy. Don't worry, my day will come (although elopment seems much more practical...so in that case I'll be sure to ask her for some sort of really expensive kitchen mixer!) I'm just kidding

Quote Originally Posted by Recoleta View Post
    I'm gonna come out and say it, I really hate it when my friends get engaged and then they ask me to be a bridesmaid in their wedding. This wouldn't normally bother me, and sure, I'm happy for them and all that good stuff, but I'm not even 23 yrs. old yet, and nearly all of my good friends are now either married or engaged. I've been through this too many times to really care anymore. I am a full time grad student (which automatically means I have no life or free time anymore), but then I work two jobs just so I can afford to go to grad school without massive debt. I am still looking for that first worthwhile guy to date...and then my friend(s) call me up all excited and shrieking..."AHHHHHH....I'm engaged...would you be my bridesmaid!?!? It will be so much fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" To which I respond, "Yay...congrats! Sure, would love to..." *cringes internally...stupid SJ trait of adhering to tradition and duty/loyalty to friends*

Then, in the brief moments of free time I do spend with them over the planning period that takes months I hear about all the complaints that they have such as, "My parents don't want dancing at the wedding." or "My grandparents don't like the time of the ceremony." or "My uncle has a fishing tournament that day and was wondering if we could move it to the next weekend?" (I kid you not, these are things I have actually heard) etc. etc. *add whatever ridiculous problem you want* To which I say, "Who cares, it's your day, not theirs....do what you want."

However, then the real problem starts. Then they say they found the most awesome dresses for the bridesmaids (ummm no, they are hideous, what are/were you thinking? That color looks like a honeydew melon threw up on me...and WHAT!? the dress costs $236 dollars, and the shoes are $50, and you want a sash too!?!? Let's not forget that the store does not have the dress in my size...but that's ok, I can buy a size up and tailor it down instead for an extra $50. Then, you want to do WHAT to my hair, and nails, and toenails? Oh, and of course I shouldn't be pale...yeah I'll work on getting some of that...what do you call it?...Oh yeah, sunlight...I haven't seen that in awhile due to grad school (yes, I am STILL working on that degree). You realize money is one of those things I do not have much of, right?

Oh right, then I probably have to throw you a lingere party and some other sort of party that I will have to buy you gifts for. Oh yeah, and let's not forget that these parties will probably involve a penis-shaped cake at some point because one of the other girls will be terribly mistaken and think that is hilarious and witty. Gahhhhhhhh!

Yeah, I'm gonna stop there. Oooh, it felt good to get rid of all that frustration. Ok, time to get off my I am ready to return to the life of the bridesmaid that just smiles until it's over...
    Ohhh, I so feel you on this. I've been a best man twice and a groomsman twice more. All I know is, if I ever get married, nobody says no to me on ANYTHING. I'd like to include the bride and her mother in that, but I'm not that naive
    Everybody have fun tonight. Everybody Wang Chung tonight.

Johari
    /Nohari

`~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

-I love candy

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

I hate going to the bars and waking up on the couch after 1 am and not knowing how I got here, but realizing (thank god!) that my car isn't here, but it's still in a tow zone and I have no clue how I got here . Sad? yes- I went out at 2 pm and woke up after 1 am I'm still not sober!
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

-rim lickers

heart on fire

morons

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

-I love morons who eat candy

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainChick View Post
    -rim lickers
    Limerickers!
    I have arms for a fucking reaosn, so come hold me. Then we'll fuvk! Whoooooh! - GZA

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    2w%

Having to rush into work 1.5hrs early because the boss forgot his keys to the building.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Fe/Fi 36.9/37.7
    Ne/Ni 34.9/25.8
    Se/Si 25.7/19.5
    Te/Ti 28.4/31.9
    Type: 2w% sx/sp/so

I don't want it, I just need it, to breathe, to feel, to know I'm alive.

Never take life to seriously.. No one gets out alive in the end anyway.