User Tag List

First 2230313233344282132 Last

That this forum has no dark skin. It's why I rarely visit.
    Christ, what an imagination I've got!

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by CzeCze View Post
    Jaywalkers in the city. Especially self-righteous ones that can't wait 3 seconds to get the light and make me slam on my brakes and almost cause an accident and then give me attitude as they walk around my car!

I want to run them over.
    I hate aggro drivers. Biking to work should not be a harrowing life-or-death ordeal, and yet any urban area is full of self-righteous pricks who think $35,000 worth of steel entitles them to be indifferent to basic courtesies that impact another person's survival.

If a million people are going to live in the same place to begin with, you should be taking the bus, motherfuckers!

I remember a few years ago seeing a guy in a crosswalk just ahead of me nearly get clipped by a guy wearing a business suit and driving a bright yellow hummer, who had tried to gun it through a yellow light. After taking a second to recover, the pedestrian just held up his thumb and forefinger in the departing asshole's direction and yelled "It's too small, man, and it's not getting any bigger!"

Quote Originally Posted by JustDave View Post
    Perhaps this will help you understand the weird animal know as the liberal.

Despite logic and reason I feel bad for those less fortunate than I. Sure I bought into capitalism, went to College, worked hard and got good grades. Then got a good job and devoted much time and effort to success. Thus fairness (assuming you are a capitalist) would dictate that I should enjoy certain luxuries. Yet when I see a homeless person or hear of someone that is sick and cannot afford medicine I feel bad. To me my feelings are my reality. So what do I want to do? Help the weak. ailing, homeless, etc. Perhaps it is a selfish pursuit. As Emerson said "Charity wears the mask of vanity". In any event the world is a cruel place and I want to do all that I can to make it a nicer place.
    Aaagh!

I think what you meant to say was:

Capitalism is based on generating a surplus of commodities for which demand then has to be found or created. Failure to maintain such a surplus creates shortages and accompanying jumps in price, which can paralyze vital sectors of the economy. Naturally, this applies to labor (i.e. people) as well as end-product goods and services, so barring wars, plagues, or catastrophic natural disasters, there will always be more human materiel occupying space in the system than is optimal to keep the system operating efficiently. From a systems-management perspective, you basically have two options: either a.) leave the surplus population to fend for itself, waiting until a certain percentage of these superfluous individuals commit crimes and become wards of the state, learning anti-social skills and behavior patterns in the process, or b.) manipulate the economy through welfare, subsidies, or education programs in an effort to give the surplus population a chance to make some marginal contribution to society or develop a useful, pro-social skill set.
    "Chase after the truth like all hell and you'll free yourself, even if you never touch its coattails."
    --Clarence Darrow

MBTI
    GONE

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Mexico View Post
    I hate aggro drivers. Biking to work should not be a harrowing life-or-death ordeal, and yet any urban area is full of self-righteous pricks who think $35,000 worth of steel entitles them to be indifferent to basic courtesies that impact another person's survival.

If a million people are going to live in the same place to begin with, you should be taking the bus, motherfuckers!

I remember a few years ago seeing a guy in a crosswalk just ahead of me nearly get clipped by a guy wearing a business suit and driving a bright yellow hummer, who had tried to gun it through a yellow light. After taking a second to recover, the pedestrian just held up his thumb and forefinger in the departing asshole's direction and yelled "It's too small, man, and it's not getting any bigger!"
    EVERYONE has to follow basic traffic rules and be considerate of others for it to work, including those walking and wheeling. I don't disagree about the aggro drivers, I earned my stripes battling it out with cab drivers from around the world. Hahaha. I'm joking.

People, especially in cities, are mostly oblivious to other people and always think they have the right of way. Regardless of what mode of transportation they are using that moment. And remember, a lot of people who are pedestrians or biking that day also have licenses and cars.

I've encountered many dangerous aggro and just bad drivers, but I've also had just as many dumb jaywalkers who literally start crossing the street with no intersection in the middle of oncoming traffic. It's like WTF are you doing? OMG, and especially young males and drunk idiots who play machismo rounds of 'chicken' with cars. Or people on bikes riding against the flow of traffic practically in the middle of the street and waving away cars.

It's a given that people in cars should be aware of traffic and follow rules and be considerate, etc. But I think as soon people are on a bike or have to hoof it, they think safety rules no longer apply to them and they are somehow "above" traffic and safety rules. And yet these are the people who for their own self-interest should be more cognizant of their surroundings -- I mean, who's gonna win in a game of chicken? A 140 pound dude or a 1ton truck? Not only do these people endanger themselves by being reckless, more importantly they endanger many other drivers, passengers, and other pedestrians.

This is what I refer to when I say "I want to run them over".

And everyone relying on the bus in LA?

Though if you actually bike in a city I feel for you. As in feel imperiled for your life. I would NEVER ride a bike in the last city I lived in. People mow you down. I would rather drive a moped and take up a car space instead of weaving between traffic or on that narrow bike lane shoulder.

And I can already guess what you're going to say, "I hate yuppies/hipsters/people/choose one on mopeds"

Hahahaha.

MBTI
    GONE

Quote Originally Posted by luridlemur View Post
    Noooooo Lemur, come back!

Quote Originally Posted by CzeCze View Post
    Jaywalkers in the city. Especially self-righteous ones that can't wait 3 seconds to get the light and make me slam on my brakes and almost cause an accident and then give me attitude as they walk around my car!

I want to run them over.
    The first week I moved to Los Angeles I got a jaywalking ticket. From a cop on a f*cking BICYCLE. I wasn't even sure he was a real cop. And then he actually said the words "Halt citizen!" I swear, I thought I was on Candid Camera or trapped in an episode of "Mayberry RFD". Where I grew up, and for most of the East coast I think, jaywalking is more of a concept than a law. Everyone does it and I never heard of anyone getting a ticket for it. Well, I came to find out that in LA it is actually illegal. And it cost me $55 to cross the street.
    Everybody have fun tonight. Everybody Wang Chung tonight.

Johari
    /Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by luridlemur View Post
    Well, it's not going to get any darker if you leave.
    Everybody have fun tonight. Everybody Wang Chung tonight.

Johari
    /Nohari

MBTI
    xNTP

The wicked hangover I have this morning. Why do I drink again?

MBTI
    yupp

because it's yummy and fun?
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    xNTP

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    because it's yummy and fun?
    Oh yeah.

Thankfully I'm starting to feel better. Lots of water, thats my secret. No food, no tea, just water.

MBTI
    yupp

really I have to eat. to get rid of a hangover. I like either toast, biscuits or pancakes, then eggs, and something like either bacon or sausage. orange juice or coffee sometimes both but defiently water.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so