First 186236276284285286287288 Last

Results 2,851 to 2,860 of 2891

MBTI
    ESFP
    Socionics
    ESFP

Quote Originally Posted by Evee View Post
    Ok why?
    Because people expect things from me. Things I never promised. Where these expectations come from? I don't know.

Oh and they act stupid or disappointed when I don't meet their expectation, and most of the time I will purposely not meet an unwarranted expectation out of spite.

MBTI
    ISFP

wanting jack in the box chicken strips and not having them ...
    "My comrades and my beloved, upon your way you shall meet men with hoofs; give them your wings. And men with horns; give them wreaths of laurel. And men with claws; give them petals for fingers. And men with forked tongues; give them honey words." --Kahlil Gibran, The Garden of The Prophet

MBTI
    ISFP

Not having access to a jacuzzi ...
    "My comrades and my beloved, upon your way you shall meet men with hoofs; give them your wings. And men with horns; give them wreaths of laurel. And men with claws; give them petals for fingers. And men with forked tongues; give them honey words." --Kahlil Gibran, The Garden of The Prophet

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 so/sp

People who un-ironically narrate their inner thoughts about inane shit CONSTANTLY. Specifically when there are others around trying to focus or work on things.

"You know what I have a taste for? Cereal. I'm going to go make some cereal. Now I need to find a bowl for my cereal. I prefer the shallow bowls for my cereal. Which kind of cereal should I eat today? How about this one? I hope this cereal isn't stale. Nope, it's perfect. Fresh as the day it was opened cereal. Cereal. Do I want coconut or almond milk with this cereal? Well, since it's coconut chia I should probably go with almond for balance. Oh, I have been really craving this bowl of cereal for a while now. Ah damn, my the almond milk is hot. I hate it when the milk for my cereal is hot. Makes it taste bad. Let me go put some ice in my cereal."

All that CO2 but no real plants are around to take advantage of it.
    Likes Null liked this post

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

Bad coffee. I really dont like it and people have no idea most of the time how bad the coffee is they are drinking and then giving me to drink too.
    Likes Hawthorne liked this post

Dream without Hesitation Dreamer's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    297 so/sx
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Sinclair View Post
    People who un-ironically narrate their inner thoughts about inane shit CONSTANTLY. Specifically when there are others around trying to focus or work on things.

"You know what I have a taste for? Cereal. I'm going to go make some cereal. Now I need to find a bowl for my cereal. I prefer the shallow bowls for my cereal. Which kind of cereal should I eat today? How about this one? I hope this cereal isn't stale. Nope, it's perfect. Fresh as the day it was opened cereal. Cereal. Do I want coconut or almond milk with this cereal? Well, since it's coconut chia I should probably go with almond for balance. Oh, I have been really craving this bowl of cereal for a while now. Ah damn, my the almond milk is hot. I hate it when the milk for my cereal is hot. Makes it taste bad. Let me go put some ice in my cereal."

Thank GOD I haven't had the pleasure of coming across people like that yet. That's below small talk chatter in my book. At least small talk can turn into a conversation. That mess just leads to shut doors and a person punched out over the floor.
    The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams
    -Eleanor Roosevelt
    Likes Hawthorne liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Cygnus View Post
    I hate when people take pride in being congenial and civil. Like it makes you soooooooo fucking special to deliberately weaken, limit, and restrain yourself.
    Disagree. I think the compulsive desire to prove oneself through battle can be just as limiting.

(Context: I see a lot of it in grad school and most of the time, I just want to tell people to STFU and actually read and understand what a text is saying before they diss it. But no. The only way to prove you have "analytical skills" is apparently to criticize other scholars rudely.)

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Sinclair View Post

I really want some cereal now.

Not a matter of "force of will"/"competitive honor" in the least, but impulse control. That is, the tendency of people to freak the fuck out when you do something odd or unpredictable. It lets me infer that they're not suppressing these same urges 24/7 the way that I am, that they're just muddling about their merry way and no one takes issue to the way they behave. Because I get bullshit from people about the way I naturally act every goddamn day. As if it's big fucking news to me and I haven't been aware of it my whole redheaded-stepchild life. You'd think people would get at least a bit jaded to such intense feelings of surprise by now.

Like one time I heard that I looked like a potential serial killer, and for some reason I ended up relating this story to someone else, god knows why. They freaked the fuck out, whilst I was flattered by the labeling because I considered it an improvement. Looking all meek and shit, trying to play the nice guy charade again like a goddamn kindergartner.

Honestly if you were as pathetic a waste of biomass as I am you might relate, but I doubt that. You've certainly experienced far worse, but I doubt you're equally inept or incapable.

Quote Originally Posted by senza tema View Post
    (Context: I see a lot of it in grad school and most of the time, I just want to tell people to STFU and actually read and understand what a text is saying before they diss it. But no. The only way to prove you have "analytical skills" is apparently to criticize other scholars rudely.)
    I understand this -- I hate it when people refuse to deconstruct a scenario on its own terms, assuming their own perceptions -- more specifically, the conventional perception -- are correct. It's the hierarchy of social nicety > immediate urges I take issue to, rather than analysis > immediate urges.

I've had similar issues with being analytical, but I envy the intellectual rather than begrudging him.
    Likes senza tema liked this post

Glamour puss with a tan Raffaella's Avatar

Anyone who raps on and on about the necessity of a digital detox and projects their unhealthy use of the internet onto others ("everyone's a sheep" <----- this from someone who depends on the internet for their income).

I need a detox from people taking a digital detox.
    Night is another candle