First 135185225233234235236237245285 Last

Results 2,341 to 2,350 of 2891

Gotta catch you all! Blackmail!'s Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8

Quote Originally Posted by kquirk View Post
    I got fries at a sandwich shop in Paris once. The guy totally douched them with ketchup and mayonnaise. It was delicious.
    Now I really hate you.

(You mean he served your fries, "Belgian style"?)

----

But I remember this is the way fries are served in North Africa. Whenever I go back to Casablanca or Tunis, since fries are everywhere, I wonder if these guys have really been colonized by France, and not by Belgium.
    "A man who only drinks water has a secret to hide from his fellow-men" -Baudelaire

7w8 SCUxI

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    593 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmail! View Post
    Now I really hate you.

(You mean he served your fries, "Belgian style"?)

----

But I remember this is the way fries are served in North Africa. Whenever I go back to Casablanca or Tunis, since fries are everywhere, I wonder if these guys have really been colonized by France, and not by Belgium.
    This is one of the finest pro-colonization arguments I've ever heard.
    5w6 - 9w8 - 3w2

Words are wind.

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

i think youre confusing them with actual french fries.

We traditionally do the double bake, leaving them crispy on the outside and velvety within.

As for sauces, every belgian grows up with fries and mayo at home. Ketchup is often considered sacrilege though our 'frivolous' and numerous sauce combos in professional w'Frituurs' are slowly changing that.

We ve made 'french fries' into an art, my dear

I will grant you that traditiobal belgian home cuisine is a tad too traditional and bland for me as well though

The benefit of my hometown was its diverse restaurant cuisine options though.
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8

Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    Ketchup is often considered sacrilege though our 'frivolous' and numerous sauce combos in professional w'Frituurs' are slowly changing that.
    It just means that since Belgians seem to have a definition of what "culinary sacrilege" is, they can't just be considered as a bunch of wild savages living on our northern borders. Maybe they host some kind of primitive degree of civilisation after all, who knows?

I mean... I understand how terrifying the mere sight of Ketchup and fries can be... But mayonnaise??? It's even worst. More oily, more tasteless. Think to the calories, my dear @Amargith!

A genuinely good portion of French fries can be eaten without any sauce. Only salt, maybe some aromatic herbs and that's it. They're perfect, their taste should be perfect.
    "A man who only drinks water has a secret to hide from his fellow-men" -Baudelaire

7w8 SCUxI

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmail! View Post
    It just means that since Belgians seem to have a definition of what "culinary sacrilege" is, they can't just be considered as a bunch of wild savages living on our northern borders. Maybe they host some kind of primitive degree of civilisation after all, who knows?

I mean... I understand how terrifying the mere sight of Ketchup and fries can be... But mayonnaise??? It's even worst. More oily, more tasteless.

A genuinely good portion of French fries can be eaten without any sauce. Only salt, maybe some aromatic herbs and that's it. They're perfect, their taste should be perfect.
    Someday, im going to take you on a 'date' to try out the true culinary art in one of our many Frituurs, dedicated to the humble potato and enrich your pallette

Edit: frenchies playing the calories card, really? This from the cuisine practically founded on cream, butter and cheese?
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8

Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post

Edit: frenchies playing the calories card, really? This from the cuisine practically founded on cream, butter and cheese?
    Yes.

But should you have the chance to sample just a limited piece of Munster cheese, you would notice that the taste is so strong, so remarkably delicate that after this unforgettable experience (*) you would not need to shower your food with comparatively enormous quantities of dull, tasteless mayonnaise.

---

(*) It usually takes a day or two to get rid of the aftertaste... at least, when you're experienced and accustomed to it...

7w8 SCUxI

MBTI
    CROW
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

Loud conversations about nothing that I am incapable of tuning out, peppered by the same in-joke (over and over again), buttressed by loud guffaws. Not only is your gossip boring, it's interfering with my ability to pay attention to something interesting.

Why do people never have loud conversations about interesting things? Why are the conversations I want to overhear always so hard to, well, overhear? No, I don't care about what's going on with Jimmy.
    [Trump's] rhetoric is not an abuse of power. In the same way that it's also not against the law to do a backflip off of the roof of your house onto your concrete driveway. It's just mind-numbingly stupid and, to say the least, counterproductive. - Bush did 9-11

This is not going to go the way you think....

Visit my Johari:
    http://kevan.org/johari?name=Birddude78

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

you assume that french mayonnaise is comparable to belgian mayonnaise...

Its childhood nostalgiaas well of coz but the cold, soft mayo against the piping hot crispy fries can be amazing. My personal favorit is a bright orange sauce with a bit of a kick called 'mamout' though
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    2w3 so/sp
    Socionics
    ESFj Ti

I hate people that try to make me feel bad for violating some made up standard of behavior.

I also hate trying to pick up girls, I think I'm too vain for that song and dance.

Running out of water in the middle of a hike on a hot day

Catelyn from Game of Thrones
    {The Diplomat}
    Slytherpuff
    s|L|OAx
    Meow.

ndovjtjcaqidthi

Quote Originally Posted by Haven View Post
    I hate people that try to make me feel bad for violating some made up standard of behavior.
    That's a good one.
    Last edited by ndovjtjcaqidthi; 12-09-2013 at 02:59 AM.