User Tag List

First 1220212223243272122 Last

MBTI
    Infx

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    how can you hate drugs? I mean drugs are not evil nor are they good they are inanimate objects and you shouldn't hate drugs but rather people who abuse them. ie let drugs run their life. I just don't think you should hate an inanimate object but rather people who abuse said object. the needle did not jump into the H addicts vein someone had to put it their. Coke did not go up the whores nose on it's own she chose to do that. So don't hate the drugs that make people assholes hate the assholes who become assholes on drugs. Cuz not every becomes an asshole.

asshole=addict
    Can I hate the people that created the drugs? Granted, I don't know the history of them, but I figure the creators probably made them to do what they did, and were aware of the side effects.
    Forming characters! Whose? Our own or others? Both. And in that momentous fact lies the peril and responsibility of our existence. - Elihu Burritt

Member of the Maverick's Biker Club - Now crashing through walls instead of just..walking into them.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    how can you hate drugs? I mean drugs are not evil nor are they good they are inanimate objects and you shouldn't hate drugs but rather people who abuse them. ie let drugs run their life. I just don't think you should hate an inanimate object but rather people who abuse said object. the needle did not jump into the H addicts vein someone had to put it their. Coke did not go up the whores nose on it's own she chose to do that. So don't hate the drugs that make people assholes hate the assholes who become assholes on drugs. Cuz not every becomes an asshole.

asshole=addict
    if i chose to hate everyone who let drugs run their life then i would hate a whole lot of people. Including my mom, my sister and even my boyfriend. My dad is also an ex drug addict. I can't hate the people i love just because they made bad decisions. I hate drugs because i've seen what they do to people. Good people turn into bad people, and responsible people turn into irresponsible people. A mother turns into a child and a child grows up too fast.
    INFP 4w5
    facebook
    The pain won't let me get away.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9

Quote Originally Posted by PinkPiranha View Post
    In that case, I wish to oppress your patrimony and NOT admire your fine hat! How do you like that rough treatment?! I have many wrathful gouts of fiery vituperation that may be unleashed at any time if sufficiently provoked by astounding yet functional millinery!
    Sartorial malice, eh? No, I sense...jealousy. Jealousy of this hat.

MBTI
    INTP

Well I love all drugs and all addicts. Especially when they sell me drugs.

Now let's all sing the drugs song.
    Why do we always come here?

I guess we'll never know.

It's like a kind of torture,
    To have to watch this show.

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

Quote Originally Posted by htb View Post
    Sartorial malice, eh? No, I sense...jealousy. Jealousy of this hat.
    I despise the taint of my own petty hat jealousy! *dramatic hand to forehead, soft weeping aside*

eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9

Quote Originally Posted by PinkPiranha View Post
    I despise the taint of my own petty hat jealousy! *dramatic hand to forehead, soft weeping aside*
    Well, then: we've returned to the thread's original purpose. And with a doff, he turned...

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by wolfmaiden14 View Post
    Can I hate the people that created the drugs? Granted, I don't know the history of them, but I figure the creators probably made them to do what they did, and were aware of the side effects.
    such as marijuana, for instance?

very few drugs (i.e. maybe one), were designed as mind-altering recreational narcotics.

It isn't the dealer or producers fault that people buy them. And I don't support drug use...I just dislike blind hate.
    "You will always be fond of me. I represent to you all the sins you never had the courage to commit."

Reason is, and ought only to be the slave of the passions, and can never pretend to any other office
    than to serve and obey them. - David Hume

`~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

At the moment?

Just about everything.

Sleep, I need a good long dose of sleep.

MBTI
    GONE

Quote Originally Posted by scantilyclad View Post
    anything that looks like a bug (crab, shrimp, lobster, crawfish)
    I think I was eating seafood with friends and one woman said, "I hate bugs" to which I replied, "you know lobsters are just giant cockroaches, right?" (And they are actually related.)

People's food quirks amuse me. Especially ones I consider irrational and/or stemming from ignorance about food, where it comes from, the history of it, etc.

Not that I'm pointing out your post, but the comment of my friend. She could even 'see' that the food we were eating really looked like bugs. Because they were.

Lots of people are perfectly fine eating and enjoying a dish until they realize what it is and then go "gross" and become above it.

Unless it goes against some ethical or hygiene imperatives you follow, it's irrational and a personal quirk/taste thing. And ethics/hygiene POVs are again very subjective: just look at the many meat eaters who will eat intestine and other meat eaters who find the idea distasteful. Or the fewer numbers of meat eaters who eat testicles and the meat eaters who say hell no.

My friend used to happily munch on steamed larvae for YEARS (no funny looks, Westerners! Larvae and cocoons are healthy, tasty delicacies around the world!) until she discovered what they were and stopped eating them.

I know I posted this elsewhere, but it's like people who eat meat and don't care about the whole 'cruelty free' line of thinking regarding food and make IMHO annoying, anthropormorphizing, hypocritical decisions on what is 'appropriate' to eat and not but instead of just saying "I'm picky and extremely biased about what I find palatable because of my CULTURE, RELIGION, and UPBRINGING" which is all it is, they use arguments like:

"This animal is cute, so I don't want to eat it because I'm so concerned and kind like that. But I'm perfectly happy eating 9 other animals who were raised in disgusting, inhumane conditions and never allowed to breathe fresh air because they aren't cute and they don't instill an urge to pet them"

"This animal is NOT cute, it's very ugly (and this was in regard to PIGEONS) even though the dish is cooked and smells good and looks like a regular meal. When this animal is alive, it is uglier than all raw red meat and tendons and bones which look exactly the same on all dead mammals, not to mention the dead animals themselves with their eyes rolled into the back of their heads and their white tongues sticking out of their mouths. But yeah, this particular animal is too ugly to ingest"

"I don't eat meat because it's cruel and I'm morally superior to you. Nevermind I was raised this way because of my parents' beliefs and have never eaten meat. Nevermind I grew up in a country where meat is plentiful and people rarely starve. And when I say "meat" I mean red meat, you know from a cow. I'll eat every other kind of animal that bleeds and screams, just not cows. Because it's cruel. And I'm morally superior to you. It takes a lot of willpower to do this, you know."

Alright, now I'm getting borderline offensive.

Maybe I ate something funny today...Hmm...

And along the lines of the brewing drug dialogue, in regards to this pet peeve with food, this isn't to say I hate the sinners, I just hate the sin.

Everyone has likes and dislikes and their own special relationship to food, and everyone's tastes are simultaneously highly individualized and highly contextual depending on their background. I can respect that.

But please do not lecture me if you don't have a leg to stand on. I cannot stand it when folks confuse their personal quirks for moral superiority or some other superlative quality and otherwise prop up their personal tastes on ethical grounds. Plus, people's relationship to food, especially in the industrialized west is SOOOO disconnected. Half of the time you don't really know what's in your food or where it came from or what it took to get there which is what I also attribute to this phenomena.

I'd MUCH rather listen to a hard core vegan who volunteers at a food co-op talk about their food politics and try to guilt trip me or turn me on to terracing than [insert you know what here]

I think even people who disagree with me can agree that when you are sharing a meal with someone, you do NOT want to have someone nagging at you about what you are eating.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by CzeCze View Post
    I think even people who disagree with me can agree that when you are sharing a meal with someone, you do NOT want to have someone nagging at you about what you are eating.
    Like someone telling you you're eating giant cockroaches?
    Why do we always come here?

I guess we'll never know.

It's like a kind of torture,
    To have to watch this show.