User Tag List

First 78128168176177178179180188228278 Last

Results 1,771 to 1,780 of 2891

  1. #1771
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    190

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    I hate when people think you should dress some way because of your race, unless you're talking about color co-ordination.
    I hate the way people take words out of your mouth and reconstruct them into their own sentence to appear more righteous.

    what I said was I hated that, I didn't say you should or shouldn't do it. Do what you like, doesn't mean I approve though. Seeing as we're voicing shit we dion't like I'm most definately voicing that.

  2. #1772
    mrs disregard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INFP
    Posts
    7,855

    Default

    Yeah. I get what you're saying. It happens in all sorts of circles.. and in relationships. People dress like the people they associate with. It's one of those things that are so simple.. yet so hard to understand.

    Simple in the sense that, as a survival instinct, it's important to blend in so as not to be ostracised or attacked.

    Complex in that, as humans, our minds should be able to override this predisposition, yet the reality is that we have a long way to go.

  3. #1773
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    190

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aimahn View Post
    lol. I'm black, listen to rock, don't dress ghetto, and apparently talk "white." Sorry for being good with languages and liking English? It ain't my first language. Born in Kenya with heavy cultural roots there. Speak English about only 60% of the time in my house, and I hear probably only about 40% of it from my parents. I have my fair share of white friends as well.

    Am I not black. Making a diversity statement? Well actually I have lived in 4 different countries so I guess I kind of am trying to make a statement by having had that experience.
    Dunno about you, I've never seen you in person. I've just seen who I've seen and I can tell its not them.

  4. #1774
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    190

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by disregard View Post
    Yeah. I get what you're saying. It happens in all sorts of circles.. and in relationships. People dress like the people they associate with. It's one of those things that are so simple.. yet so hard to understand.

    Simple in the sense that, as a survival instinct, it's important to blend in so as not to be ostracised or attacked.

    Complex in that, as humans, our minds should be able to override this predisposition, yet the reality is that we have a long way to go.
    Ye you couldn't have cleared that up much better thanks. Ye I hate that we can't get passed that predisposition, the fear of being attacked or ostracised if you dress otherwise is what really grinds my gears.

  5. #1775
    Senior Member Simplexity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    1,741

    Default

    The question is how well do you know their motivations and drives. It seems like a very you centric approach to discerning that. I've gotten similar questions my self from people who were born in the US, am I somehow supposed to acquiesce and conform to their standards even though I have absolutely zero ties to that culture. Who sets the standard for how someone should be? This is saying nothing of my type and the more obvious social implications that entails.
    My cold, snide, intellectual life is just a veneer, behind which lies the plywood of loneliness.

  6. #1776
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    190

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aimahn View Post
    The question is how well do you know their motivations and drives. It seems like a very you centric approach to discerning that. I've gotten similar questions my self from people who were born in the US, am I somehow supposed to acquiesce and conform to their standards even though I have absolutely zero ties to that culture. Who sets the standard for how someone should be? This is saying nothing of my type and the more obvious social implications that entails.
    Yes that is certainly the question and I'd have to say their drives and motivations suck, at the end of the day most of them are going to these extremes to please others around them which I loathe. I dress to pleas and empower myself I certainly don't dress to please others. I never conform to fashion unless I think it looks good and fashion lets face it (in england) sucks balls.

    e.g.


    If anyone tells me he looks 'cool' I'm going to kill myself

  7. #1777
    Fe, rusted. Poser's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    691

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rainman View Post
    Yes that is certainly the question and I'd have to say their drives and motivations suck, at the end of the day most of them are going to these extremes to please others around them which I loathe. I dress to pleas and empower myself I certainly don't dress to please others. I never conform to fashion unless I think it looks good and fashion lets face it (in england) sucks balls.

    e.g.


    If anyone tells me he looks 'cool' I'm going to kill myself
    I think he is dressing to empower himself and not please others.


  8. #1778
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    190

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BryNTP View Post
    I think he is dressing to empower himself and not please others.
    Ye? I disagree. You can't purposefully look like a dork to inspire yourself surely. He's doing what every other monkey is doing in Shoreditch london, looking like a geek to gain kudos from the other monkeys who follow this ridiculous look. Please do me a favour take a step back and just look at him, he looks stupid. Honestly, when fashion says jump people reall do say how high dont they. Jesus! Next trend: Wear a bag on your head, its empowering.

  9. #1779
    Fe, rusted. Poser's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    691

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rainman View Post
    Ye? I disagree. You can't purposefully look like a dork to inspire yourself surely. He's doing what every other monkey is doing in Shoreditch london, looking like a geek to gain kudos from the other monkeys who follow this ridiculous look. Please do me a favour take a step back and just look at him, he looks stupid. Honestly, when fashion says jump people reall do say how high dont they. Jesus! Next trend: Wear a bag on your head, its empowering.
    The problem I have with that is, who are you to know what he is thinking? I mean, are you any better for jumping on the bandwagon of judging people because you think they are just people jumping on a bandwagon? You can question his taste but I don't think you can question his motives just from a picture.

    PS - Yeah, I think he looks stupid.


  10. #1780
    Senior Member prplchknz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    yupp
    Posts
    29,786

    Default

    people who put so much emphasis into clothes. you know what you don't like what i'm wearing? next time I'll show up at your place naked.
    In no likes experiment.

    that is all

    i dunno what else to say so

Similar Threads

  1. [MBTItm] What do you Love and What do you Hate About NTs?
    By Tigerlily in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 70
    Last Post: 09-20-2014, 06:11 PM
  2. [NF] INFJ and INFP Females: What do you hate/love about them?
    By Rebe in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 46
    Last Post: 05-15-2014, 03:28 PM
  3. [ENFP] ENFJ and ENFP Females: What do you Hate/Like about them?
    By CocoB in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 107
    Last Post: 05-25-2011, 11:59 PM
  4. [NF] INFJ and INFP males: What do you hate/love about them?
    By jtanSis1 in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 70
    Last Post: 08-17-2010, 04:14 PM
  5. [NT] What do you hate about non-rationals?
    By therationaledge in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 08-10-2009, 12:17 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO