User Tag List

First 412131415162464114 Last

heart on fire

Quote Originally Posted by Wandering View Post
    Yeah, that Wikipedia article says that the craze about them was so bad that parents would literally fight in store aisles over them

I have an friend who was in a near panic over getting one for her daughter, like her child was going to suffer irrepairable damage if she didn't get in on the craze. It is just a doll people!

filling some space UnitOfPopulation's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTJ

I hate the very idea of some overly sweet, smiling over-the-top bimbo blonde intruding to some cerebral discussion of ours..

If I imagine a worst-case scenario, she'd be telling how great ice cream she just ate, whom she met, how wonderful the life is, and that she got a new sweater from the local fashion shop, and she'll just not listen.

If I want to make this picture truly obnoxious, she'll make a reference to her popularity and how we supposedly love her. She'll proceed to tell how boring it must have been for us without her, and starts to give tips for us about how to be popular and enjoy life.

Yep, I hate the idea of obnoxious, silly, cute, loud, ADD / ADHD-ish cheery things doing a cultural revolution over some respectable cultures, anywhere.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

I'm not blonde!
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

Quote Originally Posted by PinkPiranha View Post
    A common mispronunciation for "library".

And I personally pour forth hatred upon "irregardless". That's a double negative!
    oooh!

And I hate when people substitute the wrong word in a phrase and reveal that they don't know what the phrase is supposed to mean. Like:

"I could care less"
    "Dually noted"
    "That doesn't phase me"
    "beef with au jus"
    "unusual suspects"

MBTI
    ISTx

Quote Originally Posted by Santtu View Post
    I hate the very idea of some overly sweet, smiling over-the-top bimbo blonde intruding to some cerebral discussion of ours..

If I imagine a worst-case scenario, she'd be telling how great ice cream she just ate, whom she met, how wonderful the life is, and that she got a new sweater from the local fashion shop, and she'll just not listen.

If I want to make this picture truly obnoxious, she'll make a reference to her popularity and how we supposedly love her. She'll proceed to tell how boring it must have been for us without her, and starts to give tips for us about how to be popular and enjoy life.

Yep, I hate the idea of obnoxious, silly, cute, loud, ADD / ADHD-ish cheery things doing a cultural revolution over some respectable cultures, anywhere.
    Oh God.

:balls into fetal position:

filling some space UnitOfPopulation's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTJ

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    I'm not blonde!
    What are you weeping here? Straighten up woman! You're cool! I'd welcome you to interrupt me anytime..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    INFJ

Oooh, Love-Feast.

Jae Rae
    Proud Female Rider in Maverick's Bike Club.

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

“Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by FMWarner View Post
    "That doesn't phase me"
    Ah! I'd be guilty of that one then. What's the right phrase?

"beef with au jus"
    Reminds me of this "Dexter's lab" episode (no comment, I have a 5yo son, OK ?) where Dexter learns that one French phrase and the whole episode is then spent showing how this one phrase brings him glory, success, fame, wealth, adulation and even the Nobel Prize if I remember well. He keeps repeating it over and over again, which drives me nearly crazy by the time the episode ends, because the thing is WRONG! What he says is: "omelette du fromage" (omelet of the cheese) instead of "omelette au fromage" (cheese omelet) :steam:

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

it occurred to me at work the other day that Jose Cuervo roughly translates to Joe Crow- I laughed about that for a while!

sorry- the language thing reminded me of that!

something else I hate- when asking questions is interpreted as being an idiot in class! questions help EVERYONE learn- and they are much better than sitting around ignorantly in silence! :steam: