User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    ISFJ

Quote Originally Posted by ragashree View Post
    So, is there much game design actually going on in Portugual? It's certainly not a country I'd associate with gaming much, but then what do I know?
    None whatsoever. There is a relatively (un)known strategy game for the PC made here, and then it's all mobile Java games.

Trust me, if it's game design I want, I need to get out of here. Researched the hell out of it.

My brother put the crazy idea of film production in my head today. I think production is something that might interest me in all three areas (music, film and games). But then so is composing/design. The truth of the matter though is that I don't shit with my free time. I'm more of the kind of person that you put in an environment with other people and I usually wing it and am quite good at it. I need silent peer pressure though to get off my ass. And need to feel motivated by my surrounding environment. Did I mention I'm an ENFP?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

I still think film school..movie production..game or sound design..acting...dabble and see what fits...I think you'd make a convincing lawyer on tv

edit oh damn...i didn't even read your post up there sy...well hell.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

A decent plan B in the field would be a computer programmer or technician, imo. Seems practical enough, and you'd still be working with computers. :3 Game tester for plan B? You and the other 4900-34209432 bazillion gamers?
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

Sniffles

Rent boy.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Bouncer? Pool boy?
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by kyuuei View Post
    Bouncer? Pool boy?
    I was informed just yesterday that cabana boys make themselves far more useful than pool boys.

Hate

Plan B for Sytpg:

Bounty hunter
    Illusionist
    Marine biologist
    Glassblower artist

MBTI
    Mine
    Enneagram
    1w9

You could always get a job where you stay in Portugual, and teach other people about game design, so THEY are the ones who have to worry about what to do with it after. Or is that niche filled already, several times over?

Edit: I just googled and found - this? Age of Empires clone, apparently? Portugal 1111: A Conquista de Soure - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Look into my avatar. Look deep into my avatar...

MBTI
    ISFJ

Quote Originally Posted by ragashree View Post
    You could always get a job where you stay in Portugual, and teach other people about game design, so THEY are the ones who have to worry about what to do with it after. Or is that niche filled already, several times over?

Edit: I just googled and found - this? Age of Empires clone, apparently? Portugal 1111: A Conquista de Soure - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    That's not the one I meant. The other one has much higher production value. But no, the first is not an option.

kyuuei : that was the area I was in before. Programming. I hate it, even though I'm average at it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sytpg View Post
    I think I'd make a great musician. If I could have sticked with it when I was younger. I hated the technical side of things then...but today it's even harder. I like composing, but learning how to play or practicing is hell on earth.

School was pretty boring for the most part. I kinda enjoyed Portuguese (my native language) because I got to BS a lot and Ne it up. I did well in humanities I guess, but I actually chose computers all the time. I deeply regret trying to go against all that I was naturally good at.

I did the same mistake in college where I chose Computer Engineering/Science. Dropped out after a couple of years. Got one year left to finish the major. I kinda hated it.

What I really love is anything music, movies and videogames. But I lack technical skills that could be applied in those areas. Programming I had in college is not really the kind of thing I'd like to do in videogames. I'd more on the game design side of things.
    So, no engineering of any kind? Ok.

How about designing synthesizers? Its music, its computers, its design.