User Tag List

View Poll Results: Do you look down on Sensors?

Voters
86. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, and I'm 100% sure of myself on N/S preference

9 10.47%
  • Yes, and I'm not completely sure of myself on N/S preference

3 3.49%
  • No, and I'm 100% sure of myself on N/S preference

57 66.28%
  • No, and I'm not completely sure of myself on N/S preference

17 19.77%
First 123412 Last

Thread: Sensor hate.

Banned
    MBTI
    xSFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCat View Post
    Not to be all nitpicky, but a lot of people like one sort of sensor and don't like another, using SP and SJ typings.
    Don't be silly, everyone loves SJs!

Glycerine

To be honest, I think sometimes I do but I also think that S's look down on me sometimes. In other words, it can be pretty mutual at times. They judge me for being "too out there" and I judge them for not "stepping out of the box". Neither side is right or wrong though. Both sides have some truth to them. However, I don't hate them.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    ???
    Socionics
    ????

Why would I look down on Sensors just for being a Sensor? Sure there may be differences in our opinion what is important to us in life, but as long as each side can accept the other person's opinion and not force the own on the other person (I admit it happens too often for my taste, but sure Sensors feel the same about N's often, and it depends all on the individual), there is nothing wrong, and I have seen some wonderful Sensors to know that they can have their heart in the right place, and that's what is most important to me.

We might have often other interests and many might be boring to me, but the same I can say about many N's, and some are just great fun.

So yes, many Sensors in fact will drive me nuts, but not just because they are Sensors.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    N/A

As much as I look down on Sensors for their general dislike towards my blabber, I look down on midgets(literally), incompetent people, "stupid" people, boring people, females, mental people, old people, disabled, children, "evil" people etc.

I don't know, I can't avoid looking down on things..

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

YES!

They should all be destroyed.

MBTI
    INTJ

Are you insecure or something?
    "You will always be fond of me. I represent to you all the sins you never had the courage to commit."

Reason is, and ought only to be the slave of the passions, and can never pretend to any other office
    than to serve and obey them. - David Hume

Banned
    MBTI
    xSFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1

Quote Originally Posted by Metamorphosis View Post
    Are you insecure or something?
    It appears Jock might be a bit insecure, look at the size of that gun!

Not sure if I can post here since it's addressed to N's.. but...

Maybe I'm being too optimistic, but I often don't think it's a difference of depth per se. Just focus.. and language even. I can understand a theoretical or more abstract angle to things, but it's not really my deal - but when applicable, I can bring it home and relate to it on an experiential side. I can say "yeah, I see what you're saying", and provide an example,anecdote, or story in how I've seen the general principle play out. A cool N will see what I'm doing there, see how I drew the connection, maybe engage me about it.. In my view, we BOTH have depth, since we're going back and forth like that. The person who insists on their own approach or way of talking though is the one that really lacks depth - and they can be either S or N.

Ginkgo

In a way, everyone's a sensor because we all use sensing functions.

I thinks society would buckle under itself without sensors. Why would intuitives hate them? Furthermore, there's pleasurable aspects and deplorable aspects to every individual out there. Wouldn't it be unreasonable to deplore an entire group of people based on the behavior of a select few? (Actually, I secretly do this ALL the time! Be on your best behavior, or everyone in your circle gets hate-slimed. Yes, hate-slimed, I cooked up a fresh batch this morning).

And yes, I do judge Mary Kate by Ashley's behavior. THEY'RE FROM THE SAME ZYGOTE!

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

I've said this before- but I don't think that sensor hate is even real. I think it's something made up by forum members so that they can feel like they are in some special race. Those people don't even know what a sensor is and probably type real life people that they hate "sensors" and people that they like "intuitives."

There's no one who walks around IRL looking down on sensors or noticing a language barrier with all sensors that they meet. It's natural to dislike ignorant or boring people, but many N's are ignorant and boring as well.
    06/13 10:51:03 five sounds: you!!!
    06/13 10:51:08 shortnsweet: no you!!
    06/13 10:51:12 shortnsweet: go do your things and my things too!
    06/13 10:51:23 five sounds: oh hell naw
    06/13 10:51:55 shortnsweet: !!!!
    06/13 10:51:57 shortnsweet: (cries)
    06/13 10:52:19 RiftsWRX: You two are like furbies stuck in a shoe box

My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.