User Tag List

View Poll Results: Do you look down on Sensors?

Voters
86. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, and I'm 100% sure of myself on N/S preference

9 10.47%
  • Yes, and I'm not completely sure of myself on N/S preference

3 3.49%
  • No, and I'm 100% sure of myself on N/S preference

57 66.28%
  • No, and I'm not completely sure of myself on N/S preference

17 19.77%
First 21011121314 Last

Thread: Sensor hate.

Glycerine

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    I LIKE almost everyone from every type... except for people who continually put other people down and think that they're better than anyone else
    I like the way you think.

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

hey, people rule and those who go around making them miserable have it coming... glad that SOMEONE understands
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

Glycerine

FTR, I didn't vote "yes" or "no" because neither answer is completely accurate for me. If someone looks down on me, I usually look down on them too. However, I don't look down on people just for being S.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by toonia View Post
    That little video is the thing that exists beyond creepy. The oversimplification of the characters visually and in dialog matches rather well with the mentality of prejudicial thinking based on a theory that is proven to contain unstable, inconsistent categories.

I find it ironic when someone who claims to be intuitive cannot see past the surface labeling of another person. Being labeled a Sensor is not equivalent to being shallow or unenlightened. Every person, even in the most extreme cases of shallow unintelligent ones (whether Sensors or iNtuitives), have layers, potential, and complexity. Often the shallow people actually feel empty because they aren't using the depth that already exists inside them.

I've known people who are concrete and pragmatic to an extreme, who would without doubt fall into the SJ category who used to make up whimsical stories to help their siblings fall asleep. Or a rigid, dutiful bookeeper who feels an inner connection to characters in literature like Anne of Green Gables. Or a theoretical, abstract person who is nearly unaware of their surroundings, being always lost in thought, who has an inner desire to do woodworking and create tangible works of beauty.

When you meet someone and you see their external presentation and habits, pay attention, listen, and at some point you will discover things you never could have initially guessed about them. A binary view of people is a deep blindness, and in many cases a likely projection onto "sensors" of one's own hesitation to accept what lies beneath the surface of others.
    Well, of course you are right.

However, I thought it was actually pretty funny. You could make a similar type of video about intuitives. That would be even funnier.

It's an exaggeration for humorous effect. Not serious. Those videos can be made in about 10 - 15 minutes. I've made a couple but not on typology.

NT humor?

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

No. NOT NT HUMOR.

Fack.
    “Some people will tell you that slow is good – but I’m here to tell you that fast is better. I’ve always believed this, in spite of the trouble it’s caused me. Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube. That is why God made fast motorcycles, Bubba…”

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by King-Of-Despair View Post
    like NTs don't tend to like SJs and NFs don't like SPs?? (etc.) I don't remember where I remember reading about that... oh, it would have been keirsey... hmmm
    Huh?
    Look Keirsley, you're not going to say who I should like and who not. I'm an NT married to an SJ and really happy about it.
    Got questions? Ask an ENTP!
    I'm female. I just can't draw women

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Tamske View Post
    Huh?
    Look Keirsley, you're not going to say who I should like and who not. I'm an NT married to an SJ and really happy about it.
    Yes, I can tell from your posts that you are sincere. It's really nice.

MBTI
    LoLz

Glad everyone liked that video I made. it was meant to be humorous and ironic.

I hate that video. It was too humorous and too ironic for such serious subject matter.
    “Some people will tell you that slow is good – but I’m here to tell you that fast is better. I’ve always believed this, in spite of the trouble it’s caused me. Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube. That is why God made fast motorcycles, Bubba…”

MBTI
    LoLz

Go back to watching sports ^_^