User Tag List

Default Bucky's Favorite Question

"If success or failure of this planet and of human beings depended on how I am and what I do... How would I be? What would I do?"

I like the question How would I be? Would I spend more time improving myself as a father, as a teacher, as a trainer? Where would I spend my time? My attention seems to go to helping people develop themselves for the future.

Enneagram
    9w8

I would most likely go into teaching, take up meditation on a much more regular basis, and learn certain crafts... probably eschewing romantic relational attachments to develop meself and others.

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

become paralyzed with the fear of completely screwing up the world and try to weasel my way out of that responsibility
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

How would I be? Fuckered. What would I do? What I could that was needed.
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by wolfy View Post
    I like the question How would I be?
    That is a damn good question...

My attention seems to go to helping people develop themselves for the future.
    You and I both do this then! I don't know what it is, but empowering others to better themselves has always been very gratifying for me.

I loved working as a trainer at a gym when I was in college. My clients had a love/hate relationship with me. I would make sure they had the basics down the first workout, so as not to scare them off, but on day 2, it was leg day. Ohhhh goodness, few people like grueling leg workouts. BUT - that separated those who wanted to improve themselves, from those who were not committed. They would gripe and complain all summer at me, and then sometime in August I would start to hear "Wow! I'm in the best shape I've ever been in!" or "Oh my God! I have claves! I never had calves before!" Those moments made all the cursing and griping worth it.

The big question is Wolfy, what do we do to better ourselves, to better prepare for OUR future?
    --------------------
    Type Stats:
    MBTI -> (E) 77.14% | (i) 22.86% ; (S) 60% | (n) 40% ; (T) 72.22% | (f) 27.78% ; (P) 51.43% | (j) 48.57%
    BIG 5 -> Extroversion 77% ; Accommodation 60% ; Orderliness 62% ; Emotional Stability 64% ; Open Mindedness 74%

Quotes:
    "If somebody asks your MBTI type on a first date, run". -Donna Cecilia
    "Enneagram is psychological underpinnings. Cognitive Functions are mental reasoning and perceptional processes. -Sanjuro

Quote Originally Posted by Halla74 View Post
    The big question is Wolfy, what do we do to better ourselves, to better prepare for OUR future?
    I suppose the answer here is to strengthen and educate ourselves for the role we choose in order to be more effective. What methods are available, what knowledge is missing in me. Things like that.

There are more immediate things like teach correct eating habits and things like that. I think the key is to work within your own circle of influence and trust it to spread.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

I suppose the answer here is to strengthen and educate ourselves for the role we choose in order to be more effective. What methods are available, what knowledge is missing in me. Things like that.

There are more immediate things like teach correct eating habits and things like that. I think the key is to work within your own circle of influence and trust it to spread.
    Freaking brilliant, Brother. Nicely put.
    --------------------
    Type Stats:
    MBTI -> (E) 77.14% | (i) 22.86% ; (S) 60% | (n) 40% ; (T) 72.22% | (f) 27.78% ; (P) 51.43% | (j) 48.57%
    BIG 5 -> Extroversion 77% ; Accommodation 60% ; Orderliness 62% ; Emotional Stability 64% ; Open Mindedness 74%

Quotes:
    "If somebody asks your MBTI type on a first date, run". -Donna Cecilia
    "Enneagram is psychological underpinnings. Cognitive Functions are mental reasoning and perceptional processes. -Sanjuro

Hmm, I'd study to be engineer, get involved in something involving renewable energy. Can't say I've ever had an interest in teaching things.