User Tag List

First 123 Last

MBTI
    eNFP

I think it's more likely that humans are able to feel emotions that no animal can. Do animals feel remorse? Guilt? Not that we are too much better off for it.
    We know elephants grieve, and I'm not trying to downplay the intelligence of animals. But maybe the range of emotions is a part of-what makes us human.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

Apparently a very small number of female humans are tetrachromatic. Only a handful have been identified.

If anyone can see numbers or letters in these circles below, you are one (not too likely anyone here is). Contact a research lab and they'd be very interested.

More info here.

If you are a tetrachromat, the most likely scenario is that you have a mutant form of the red cone while also having normal form of the red cone – two types of red cones that are sensitive to slightly different ranges of the red end of the color spectrum. You would not be able to see extra colors the rest of us can’t (sadly, no ultraviolet vision, etc.), but you would be able to make distinctions between very similar colors that the rest of us cannot. Two samples that would look like the same color of red to me would look like dramatically different reds to a tetrachromat.

The most likely candidate for being a tetrachromat:
    • You are a woman
    • You have men with red/green colorblindness in your family.
    • In particular, you have a son or father with red/green colorblindness.

ThatGirl

Quote Originally Posted by blankpages View Post
    Apparently a very small number of female humans are tetrachromatic. Only a handful have been identified.

If anyone can see numbers or letters in these circles below, you are one (not too likely anyone here is). Contact a research lab and they'd be very interested.

More info here.
    This reminds me of when my great grandma told me if I stared at her painting with enough concentration and quietly, for long enough.

A girl would walk out of the door.

Only thing I noticed is that it is the same pattern in all three circles :/

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

My favorite color is blurple. It's a very dark cobalt blue-purple. Blurple.
    I wasn't born of a whistle or milked from a thistle at twilight.
    No, I was all horns and thorns, sprung out fully formed, knock-kneed and upright.
    -Joanna Newsom

The Duchess of Oddity Queen Kat's Avatar
    MBTI
    E.T.
    Enneagram
    7w8

- Blurange
    - Greered
    - Yelple
    - Brack
    - Turqite
    - Violink
    - Cyagenta
    - Graige
    - Limqua
    - Vermilchsia

etc
    I was sitting outside the classroom waiting to go in, and I saw an airplane hit the tower. The TV was obviously on. I used to fly myself and I said, "There's one terrible pilot."
    - George W. Bush -

SCUAI - 7w8 sx/sp - Chaotic Evil - Fucking Cute - ALIVE

Blog. Read it, bitches.
    Questions? Click here
    If you don't agree about my MBTI type, you can complain about it here. I've had plenty of people telling me I'm something else, in my reputation box. That's annoying.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowOfTheNight View Post
    This is actually very similar to a conversation I had with someone the other day about the possibility that animals are able to feel emotions that are completely incomprehensible to humans.
    I guess we wouldn't know, would we?
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    I guess we wouldn't know, would we?
    That was pretty much my argument. Something similar could really be said for the OP. It's impossible to create a new color because we can only comprehend colors based upon the colors we know.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by blankpages View Post
    Would that work on a computer screen? I thought they only had red-green-blue leds/pixels.

Now about a new colour... the ultraviolet thing was the first I thought when reading the thread title. But I always get a very dark purple in my mind whenever I try to think of ultraviolet . I've wondered this too... Why can we see many more than three colours, even if we have only three distinct colour-sensors in our eyes? Why do we perceive a mixture of red and green/ a yellow-wavelength light wave as a colour which doesn't look like "in-between" red and green? Why do we perceive a mixture between red and blue (purple) as similar too a colour "higher" than blue (violet)? Argh. I can't imagine a really different colour, because my imagination is rooted in reality.

As a child I always thought there should be six colours in the rainbow and not seven - you've got three primary colours, three secondary... and where the hell did that indigo come from? Why indigo, which is a mixture between blue and violet, and not yellowish green or two sorts of blues like in the paint sets? No paint set had indigo!
    And it turned out I was right too! They added indigo to the theory because they thought God wouldn't make something with a less-than-perfect number of colours... I'm still trying to spread the meme: the correct number is either six or infinity.
    Got questions? Ask an ENTP!
    I'm female. I just can't draw women

Ginkgo

Quote Originally Posted by Hermes View Post
    So I was reading this INFP thread about color and such, when I had the craziest idea.

Imagine there is a color which you have never seen, and no one has ever seen-But it exists.
    Try to create in your mind a color that does not fall under our descernable spectrum. What does it look like?

Does it make your mind hurt?
    I got dizzy after trying to think about it.

Do you even know what I'm talking about?
    In most cases, the portion of your brain that processes visual and spacial data also needs your eyeballs, and since like 98% of the population can only perceive 3 primary colors through the cones in their eyes and what colors arise from those primary colors, you're not going to be able to fabricate any more. You would need to rework your neurological state.

Reminds me of...

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L3AgO6H0H98"]Blind Painter[/YOUTUBE]

MBTI
    NICE

Grue.