User Tag List

123 Last

Thread: WingWomen

Hate

Default WingWomen

Similar to the term “Wingman,” but feminine in connotation. A wingwoman is expected to support her male friend when approaching other women.
    Apparently they even have a website providing these services:

Wingwomen

Ladies: Would you be more likely to talk to a man if he approached you while he had a female friend with him?

What do you think about the concept of the wingwoman?

Have you ever been a wingwoman for one of your male friends?

Would you ever work for a company like the one above providing the assistance of a wingwoman?

Guys: Have you ever had one of your female friends be your wingwoman before?

ThatGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Juice View Post
    Apparently they even have a website providing these services:

Wingwomen

Ladies: Would you be more likely to talk to a man if he approached you while he had a female friend with him?

What do you think about the concept of the wingwoman?

Have you ever been a wingwoman for one of your male friends?

Would you ever work for a company like the one above providing the assistance of a wingwoman?

Guys: Have you ever had one of your female friends be your wingwoman before?
    1) I would be much less likely to speak to a man accompanied by a woman.

2) No

3) Depends on the pay.

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

yeah... I don't tend to make a move on men who are with another lady... I always feel like I'm treading on someone else's ground there

However, I used to do something SIMILAR... I didn't go up to girls with my Introverted male friends, but I'd chat with the chick for him first and draw her in to chat with him in quite a few cases... I beleive that everyone has the right to get laid
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

L'anima non dimora Donna Cecilia's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9
    Socionics
    LII

I´m my friends´ wingwoman.

It´s great fun. Creating situations to make them get a girl.

Usually, I approach my friend´s target by myself, then create some kind of conversation between us, and then leave them alone. I wouldn´t be interested in a guy who approaches me next to a woman.

And I´m considering charging them money for my help, since I got them great women.

"An intelligent hell would be better than a stupid paradise."
    Victor Hugo

LII/INTj (Analyst) - 1w9 Sp/Sx - RC|O|EI - Melancholy/Choleric

Hate

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    1) I would be much less likely to speak to a man accompanied by a woman.
    Could you explain why... Is that because you're already aware of this concept?

3) Depends on the pay.
    Hmmm... let's say they offered you 50 bucks an hour.

Hate

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    yeah... I don't tend to make a move on men who are with another lady... I always feel like I'm treading on someone else's ground there
    If a guy approached you with a female friend that he made clear was his "friend," would you be more likely to talk to him or less likely?

However, I used to do something SIMILAR... I didn't go up to girls with my Introverted male friends, but I'd chat with the chick for him first and draw her in to chat with him in quite a few cases
    Heheh... I can picture you doing that for your friends

I beleive that everyone has the right to get laid

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

I've had male friends request that I act as a "wing woman," but my social skills are so shitty that I refuse in order to preserve my dignity and their chances with whatever girl is on their radar. I've seen it work when the wing woman is good, though. Best one so far has been ESTP.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by Juice View Post
    If a guy approached you with a female friend that he made clear was his "friend," would you be more likely to talk to him or less likely?
    I don't like being approached usually anyways... I am the huntress... I will stalk my prey quite happily on my own

if a guy is going to have the balls to approach me he'd better have the balls to do it alone... otherwise he should just make eye contact with me to draw me over to hit on him
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

ThatGirl

Idk. Actually I met one of my Ex's when I was on a date and he was out with his girlfriend. I guess it depends on the guy...and the girl. He strayed from his group and I strayed from mine. We all hung out together for just a bit, it didn't feel awkward.

Then there is guy with female best friend. I hate that dynamic. The girls are really competitive and always subtly trying to show you up on how much closer they are, how much more they know, or preferred they are. Like there are no boundaries with friends, while I have to tread on eggshells for not only his but her acceptance.

I hate that shit.

I would be less receptive because of all these stigmas, I suppose experience plays a part. To be fair I wouldn't be receptive to a man hitting on me while accompanied by his mother either.

Probably best chances are one on one, or a man with a group of guys and girls.

...Are you offering me a job?

Hate

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    Then there is guy with female best friend. I hate that dynamic. The girls are really competitive and always subtly trying to show you up on how much closer they are, how much more they know, or preferred they are. Like there are no boundaries with friends, while I have to tread on eggshells for not only his but her acceptance.
    Hmm... that's an interesting point actually.

Are you offering me a job?
    HeHeh... naw... I don't need a wingwoman actually. I manage to do pretty well on my own.
    You can come hang out for free though.