User Tag List

First 345

Thread: WingWomen

MBTI
    SEXY

Too all the ladies who said they wouldn't like to be approached by a guy that already had a women present with him (presumably because you'd think they're together): What if a guy was going out with two girls. That would make it clear he is not in a relationship.
    (removed)

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Shimmy View Post
    Too all the ladies who said they wouldn't like to be approached by a guy that already had a women present with him (presumably because you'd think they're together): What if a guy was going out with two girls. That would make it clear he is not in a relationship.
    I don't think it makes me any more interested in him. He still sinks or swim on his own.

Quote Originally Posted by Giggly View Post
    I thought it was more like when two people are trying to connect but having a little trouble and need someone else to help smooth the rough edges and bring them together. I like being more neutral socialite-ish.
    That role is far more palatable. It's a communication/understanding/advising thing then.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Well, some guys need help from a lady to break the ice

4w5, Fi>Ne>Ti>Si>Ni>Fe>Te>Se, sp > so > sx

appreciates being appreciated, conflicted over conflicts, afraid of being afraid, bad at being bad, predictably unpredictable, consistently inconsistent, remarkably unremarkable...

I may not agree with what you are feeling, but I will defend to death your right to have a good cry over it

The whole problem with the world is that fools & fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts. ~ Bertrand Russell

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by wolfy View Post
    You two got me thinking, you'd both make great matchmakers. I wonder what would be the difference in how you go about it? Would one look for signs of interest between people and encourage that. Would the other look for signs of compatibility within two people and encourage a match?

How do you go about it? How would you go about being a Wingwoman?
    well i just imagined that i would be sociable...bring up topics that they have in common to talk about...say things about them to the other that they might be too shy to say....just keep the conversation flowing about things they can relate on or would find interesting.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Shimmy View Post
    That would still suck.

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    That role is far more palatable. It's a communication/understanding/advising thing then.
    Yes, exactly, stress the communication part.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfy View Post
    You two got me thinking, you'd both make great matchmakers. I wonder what would be the difference in how you go about it? Would one look for signs of interest between people and encourage that. Would the other look for signs of compatibility within two people and encourage a match?

How do you go about it? How would you go about being a Wingwoman?
    Well, I've done this several times before and am single-handedly responsible for a few marriages and babies being made. *proud*

It's always been between two people who already showed a little interest in each other but don't know how to get it off the ground. They basically like each other but don't talk to each other.

I would do it if only one side showed interest too but it would have to be the female who was interested. When it's happened it's usually because one or both is shy or prideful or some other circumstance is preventing them from interacting. This is where I come in. I basically just get them on a roll talking to each other and bow out as quickly as possible and then the rest is up to them. It's hard to describe how the interaction develops because it's mostly in the moment.

One recent circumstance I can think of was when I asked a guy that I know out who is shy for my female friend who likes him and is also shy. They both like each other actually because they've flirted (heavily) and told me about it but they know each other through business so that makes it awkward. I had to disguise the date as a business outing but he excitedly said yes and she was excited that he said yes too. They haven't had the date yet (I guess I have to set that too, lol) but I will be going to help with whatever awkwardness there is initially and then I will leave them alone together as soon as I can.