User Tag List

First 2345 Last

Thread: WingWomen

Hate

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    oh for sure...as a woman...you automatically think he must be respectful of women and value them as people not just sex objects...so he seems safe...nonthreatening...and a lot more interesting.
    Yeah... that's pretty much exactly what the concept they're trying to use is..
    What would you do if you met your SO this way and then later found out that his female "friends" that you met him with were actually paid women from one of these kinds of services?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6

Quote Originally Posted by wolfy View Post
    I guess that might lead to issues down the line though. If the relationship took off.
    Yeah, the hired wingwoman to me is almost as icky as the PUA stuff, just targeted at a different group I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Juice View Post
    What would you do if you met your SO this way and then later found out that his female "friends" that you met him with were actually paid women from one of these kinds of services?
    Sounds like a romantic comedy.

I'm gonna write a script and make millions.

edit: Oops wait, I read that wrong.

Still, good story idea. :P

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

wait. I misunderstood. I dont like the idea of pretending to be a guys female friend in order to make another woman feel like he's passed a woman test or something. I think that's a bit too contrived for me. I thought it was more like when two people are trying to connect but having a little trouble and need someone else to help smooth the rough edges and bring them together. I like being more neutral socialite-ish.

Also, as a woman I would never ever take the advice of another women I don't even know about a guy.

Hate

Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    Sounds like a romantic comedy.

I'm gonna write a script and make millions.

edit: Oops wait, I read that wrong.

Still, good story idea. :P
    .. It does sound like a good script idea actually... I think you should make it happen KDude.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Juice View Post
    oh...just saw this part...um...i'd be totally turned off. feel lied to and probably wouldn't get over it. :/
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

Hate

Quote Originally Posted by Giggly View Post
    wait. I misunderstood. I dont like the idea of pretending to be a guys female friend in order to make another woman feel like he's passed a woman test or something. I think that's a bit too contrived for me. I thought it was more like when two people are trying to connect but having a little trouble and need someone else to help smooth the rough edges and bring them together. I like being more neutral socialite-ish.
    It's both actually... the real friend wingwoman and the paid wingwoman... The latter does sound a bit contrived like you said... The former is definitely more real... I agree with your analysis on both.

Lungs & Lips Locked Unkindloving's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    ENFj

I would feel even more uncomfortable and unlikely to talk to a man who had a woman with him. I know some people feel comfortable having other women as a buffer, but not it. This is likely all in the way the situation is broached and what sort of person is being approached. Personally, i get along better with men than i do women so i would view them as a catty source of judgment over a safe haven.

The concept isn't too bad, but it really depends. I think people should be able to fend for themselves for the mostpart.

I've probably been an inadvertent wingwoman, but if someone asks me to take care of/buffer a situation they'll probably be out of luck. This could be due to my desire to take control of and press something when it is implied, opposed to when i'm asked to.

Might work for such a company . It would be amusing and if i were paid to interact with broads then sure. Wouldn't be wasting my time without reward and some people are a bit hopeless.
    Hang on traveling woman - Don't sacrifice your plan
    Cause it will come back to you - Before you lose it on the man

.:: DWTWD ::.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

2011 TypeC Exercise Challenge - My Weekly Goals: Cardio 4x. Yoga/Pilates 1x. Pushups 70.

There is this thing keeping everyone's lungs and lips locked - It is called fear and it's seeing a great renaissance

Quote Originally Posted by Giggly
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady X
    You two got me thinking, you'd both make great matchmakers. I wonder what would be the difference in how you go about it? Would one look for signs of interest between people and encourage that. Would the other look for signs of compatibility within two people and encourage a match?

How do you go about it? How would you go about being a Wingwoman?

I usually try to hype up the guy and talk more about him since I know nothing about the girl. If the chick is cool then I tell him to go for it! The rest is up to them to figure out.