First 12

MBTI
    esTJ
    Enneagram
    875 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ESTx

Quote Originally Posted by Usehername View Post
    Did you know that there is a small piece of France tucked inside the waters between Newfoundland and mainland Canada? My brother told me this the other day.

Saint Pierre and Miquelon - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    That is fascinating- thanks for sharing it!
    Murphy Brown: What is it with us? Why can't we take the easy road once in awhile?
    Avery Brown: Because it's boring and dishonest and uncomfortable, like wearing a pair of shoes all day that pinch your feet.

approx 55% ES, 90% TJ

Lay the coin on my tongue SilkRoad's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

I'm Canadian, but I'm from the West Coast which is as far from the Newfies as you can get I'm not that familiar with most Newfie jokes...but the fact is, every country has its area which becomes the butt of this type of jokes, often because of an especially impenetrable accent, or something.

Having also lived in Ireland and England, I know that in Ireland it's Kerrymen (accents, intelligence level) and Limerick girls (slutty.) In England it's Cornwall (weird, difficult accents etc), and Essex girls and guys (slutty).

It's a bit mean for people actually from those areas, but hopefully they can take it with good grace! Anyway, in Canada, I don't know that there are a lot of specific jokes about West Coasters, but it's certainly true that West Coasters are considered totally flakey (which, let's face it, we are), and in political terms we tend to be the laughing stock of the country...
    Female
    INFJ
    Enneagram 6w5 sp/sx

I DOORSLAMMING

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

BC, home of the herbal and chemical spaceheads.

Actually, on a less humourous note, I found out my uncle is trying to leave Vancouver due to how bad he says it's been getting.
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by runvardh View Post
    BC, home of the herbal and chemical spaceheads.

Actually, on a less humourous note, I found out my uncle is trying to leave Vancouver due to how bad he says it's been getting.

What about Vancouver, exactly?

I'm sure he has some good reasons. I love Vancouver, but it has even more of a split personality than some cities. There is a very bad gang problem there now. And the Downtown East Side is, apparently, the poorest urban area in Canada, which is pretty crazy.

I'm from Victoria, so not far away, and it has a huge problem with street people - which in itself is probably not a very politically correct thing to say, but whichever way you slice it (ie. whether you're rather pro- or rather anti-street people), it is a big big problem. The West Coast attracts a lot of that - good climate, liberal outlook etc.

My brother lives in the West End of Vancouver and it is such a great location - residential area, but close to shopping, restaurants, etc and just really nice. But there have been crazy gang murders in his area nonetheless.

EDIT: sorry for thread derail! Blame runvardh!
    Female
    INFJ
    Enneagram 6w5 sp/sx

I DOORSLAMMING

MBTI
    FREE

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D8OPy7De3bk"]Mummers[/YOUTUBE]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

Quote Originally Posted by SilkRoad View Post
    I'm Canadian, but I'm from the West Coast which is as far from the Newfies as you can get I'm not that familiar with most Newfie jokes...but the fact is, every country has its area which becomes the butt of this type of jokes, often because of an especially impenetrable accent, or something.

Having also lived in Ireland and England, I know that in Ireland it's Kerrymen (accents, intelligence level) and Limerick girls (slutty.) In England it's Cornwall (weird, difficult accents etc), and Essex girls and guys (slutty).

It's a bit mean for people actually from those areas, but hopefully they can take it with good grace! Anyway, in Canada, I don't know that there are a lot of specific jokes about West Coasters, but it's certainly true that West Coasters are considered totally flakey (which, let's face it, we are), and in political terms we tend to be the laughing stock of the country...
    *makes note*

Limerick... Essex...

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    *makes note*

Limerick... Essex...
    You certainly wouldn't have many other reasons to visit those particular areas...!
    Female
    INFJ
    Enneagram 6w5 sp/sx

I DOORSLAMMING

MBTI
    ENFJ

We know about Vancouver, that's where all the Seattelite kids go to get high.
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

MBTI
    IsTP

Quote Originally Posted by Haphazard View Post
    So there's nothing unique about Newfie jokes?

That's stupid.
    Seems like it's something one of those newfie blokes would come up with.
    ...Then I ducked my head and the lights went out, and two guns blazed in the dark;
    And a woman screamed, and the lights went up, and two men lay stiff and stark...