Thread: 2008, Bring it!

MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None

Default 2008, Bring it!

What are your New Years Eve plans and what do you want to accomplish in 2008?

We are staying in and having sammies, snacks and liquior! At midnight I told Limey I would participate in his Mom and Dad's tradition of banging pots and pans outside of our house as well as open the front door to let in the New Year and the back door to let out 07.

We want to get to the Cayman Islands this year, fence our backyard in and I am curious to find out who will be our next President.

I wish you all the best of health and happiness for 2008!
    Time is a delicate mistress.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Why are you so excited and positive? I'm going to be 20 years old next year on April 1st. That makes me sad that I'll be so old. My childhood is over, and I'll have to constantly worry about everything getting done at a particular time in a particular way, all the time, with no breaks. I'll have to lose/give up something for every thing I get, it'll just be SO much responsibility and demands that I perform and contribute to things consistently with no way out and no room for error. It's going to be so horrible.

Anyway, I plan to do what I've always done... sit around holding money for good luck until midnight, and eat black-eyed peas while watching that ball in Times Square drop on television.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Heh, we used to do the pots & pans thing too! And my dad would always take his trumpet out and blast a few sour notes.

I'll be working (my friend and I are going to try to find an open coffee shop) and try to make it home for midnight nookie.

This year, we climbed out of a financial hole we dug when my husband was laid off a few years back. We just hadn't had room in the budget to make any headway until recently, but we paid off an INSANE amount of debt in a short time. Next year I hope to continue that trend, maybe even start building a hill instead of just filling the hole. I'd also like to work on my time management skills so that I can work when I'm working, and enjoy my family & read actual books when I'm not. And work on my psyche so I can be in the emotional place to lose weight and keep it off. Tall order!
    The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

For New Years Eve- work the noon to 8 shift, buy booze, put dog in car, drive for over an hour and go to a party thrown by one of my best friends, who I haven't seen in 3 years!

For THE New Year- graduate, get a job, find somewhere to live, make said place livable, be a good dog parent... yeah- I need to do stuff
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Athenian. So far, the folks who have posted in this thread are a couple of thirtysomething women, and you. (Edit: and whatever, also a sweet young thing.) You ARE NOT OLD. Jen and I (edit: and whatever) are not old, either. We're all babies. But especially you! Your life is just beginning!

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

I forgot to mention new years day's blackeyed peas, collard greens, and cornbread meal! A southern tradition I actually like!

MBTI
    ENTP

Well, I usually start the year with a bunch of objectives, but it starts for me at Easter - that's the new year as far as I'm concerned.

I got everything I intended and then some, done in 2006. This year was looking good up until my dad died and everything went arse upwards. I've got a few plans and objectives for next year though, and in the time up to Easter I'll prepare for them, get myself stabilized a bit and ready for it.

Had to add one that I never thought would be needed with me - I used to always be really skinny and struggle to keep my weight up, but now I've got to lose ideally about 25lbs... I want to pass that damned heavy vehicle driving test (third time of taking test will be in 3 weeks!). I want to reach higher intermediate Chinese and go to Assisi (that one's already booked). I want to expand my social circle with more people I actually like, as opposed to as it is at the moment, mainly consisting of people who just sorta landed on me and I put up with. I want to find more people who are actually like-minded, to socialize with.

I'm hoping to get my surgery done by the end of the year, and also to improve my relationships with my mom and eldest daughter.
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

"When it all comes down to dust
    I will kill you if I must
    I will help you if I can" - Leonard Cohen

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

So happy to hear you guys are out of the hole, Ivy and about your upcoming trip with Limey, Jen!

I have an Angel season 3 marathon planned for New Years if Amazon gets it here in time. I should buy some good junk food for it while I'm out on my date with myself in a little bit.

Don't have much going this coming year. I want to just keep plugging along like we are. This year the kids will be 15, 13, 11, and 9 so I'm sure we have exciting years ahead. Hopefully this will not be one of them.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

MBTI
    ENTP

And athenian, 20 is so not old, echoing others here. Actually 30 is a pretty hard birthday... I just turned 30 last year and realized that I was now at an age where I really sorta officially was a grown-up. 20-somethings can still get away with acting like teenagers and doing the whole 'searching' thing, but once you turn 30 people expect you to start bucking your ideas up!!

And I had the first 25 years of my life taken from me by a syndrome, so I've got to learn to be a 30 something guy without ever being able to be a boy or young man yet, and with no role model and no father to teach me or raise me. While the world looks on and expects me to manage. Talk about sink or swim!!
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

"When it all comes down to dust
    I will kill you if I must
    I will help you if I can" - Leonard Cohen

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

Getting older rocks, Athenian! At the very least it is better than the alternative.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers