INxJ
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILI

Happy January 1, everyone. ;)
    Not really.

MBTI
    OMNi

Let's see...2008 is a leap year, 20 days in January of 2009. Yup, Bush is in office only 386 more days and its an election year. This is going to be an interesting year.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Kiddo View Post
    Let's see...2008 is a leap year, 20 days in January of 2009. Yup, Bush is in office only 386 more days and its an election year. This is going to be an interesting year.
    Huh? January does not change based on whether or not we have a leap year, February does. An extra day is added to the normally 28-day month February, the 29th.

But it does appear to be the correct amount of time, as a leap year has 366 days, and you added up time for January 20th, 2009 which is the official inauguration date.

Actually, I've heard that in certain cases of war, the inauguration of the new president can be delayed. Is that true, or is it a rumor?

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

2008 better be good! 2007 kind of sucked, and 2006 really sucked, so I'd hope that this should finally be a good year! New Years Eve was good, which is a nice start!
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

RDF

Happy New Year!

MBTI
    OMNi

Quote Originally Posted by athenian200 View Post
    Huh? January does not change based on whether or not we have a leap year, February does. An extra day is added to the normally 28-day month February, the 29th.

But it does appear to be the correct amount of time, as a leap year has 366 days, and you added up time for January 20th, 2009 which is the official inauguration date.
    That is exactly what I was saying. It's a leap year, so you add a day, then 20 days in January since January 20th is Bush's last day. I'm already saving up for the big "Bush is out" party.

Actually, I've heard that in certain cases of war, the inauguration of the new president can be delayed. Is that true, or is it a rumor?
    Very unlikely. It would take a declaration of martial law unlike anything we have ever seen before. Short of us being under attack on our own soil, I don't believe it is possible for there to be a state of emergency bad enough to justify it.

MBTI
    INTP

Happy new year all!

I saw Seether, got absolutely pissed, almost got beaten down by a bouncer jumping the fence to Golden Circle without tickets.

My resolution is simple. No drugs. Better school work.
    Inno A Satana

I:11% Intuitive:88% Thinking:62% Perceiving: 67%

MBTI
    ISTx

According to psychics on a morning TV program I stumbled across, 2008 is supposed to be a good year for America.

I don't believe in that stuff though. lol

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Soo, how did everyone's new year's plans work out?

My party was a success, we actually broke even almost exactly, which is a big deal considering how much we spent (I think something over 800, all told). And nothing got broken and nobody got hurt and it was relatively clean, all things considered. But I'm completely burned out and right now I don't want to throw another party for...ever. But I'm sure that'll change before too long.

Bartending for ~60 people is more stressful than I was anticipating, haha, even with 2 bartenders working at all times. I was on-duty unofficially or officially for most of the night which kinda sucked, though it was fun in itself. I think next time we bartend it'll be for a significantly lower number of people.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by TheBeatGoesOn View Post
    According to psychics on a morning TV program I stumbled across, 2008 is supposed to be a good year for America.
    If that's true, then Hilary Clinton will not be president.