User Tag List

First 56789 Last

Thread: 2008, Bring it!

MBTI
    yupp

I just turned 21 a little over a month ago. being 30 is the last thing from my mind, I'm happy at being 21 I can drink and really that's all I need in life that has an age limit. Though when I turn 25 I'm going someplace and renting a car and going on a road trip with some friends.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by CzeCze View Post
    I worried a lot when I was younger precisely because I was so young I had all these heavy (somewhat unrealstic) expectations on me and the thought of 'maturity' creeping it's head on me or imposing a new reality on me was scary. So was seeing my parents get more and more grey hairs and getting pushed out onto the working world from college, where everyone is more or less on the same Student playing field.

BTW - my god you all make me feel old! And I'm not even 30!

Athenian and others on the 20 fringe, yours 20s are a protracted adolescence except you don't fully realize it until it's almost over. You know that saying, 'youth is wasted on the young?' Yep. When I hit 20 and then 23 I thought HOLY CRAP I AM OLD. I think I got all these external signs that somehow I was supposed to be an Adult. Yet, I felt I had somehow missed out on the Adult Handbook and was totally clueless and underprepared.

I rememember at 22 I even talked smack about a guy my 22 year old friend was dating. Because he was 28 and still such a flake. We both said, "Seriously, shouldn't you have your act together by then?"

Oh how this makes me laugh and laugh now. And then cringe.

It was only after I hit 25 that I realized fuck it. If you gauge age materially, by where you live and what you do and how you spend your free time, there are people in their 40s with underage children and tattoos and piercings who still booze it up and party like 20 year olds and go to concerts (surrounded by younger people). There are 20 something whiz kids wearing sensible trousers and button up pants buying condos and driving hybrid cars and researching the best mutual funds to invest their 401k in. Dude, people are ALL OVER the place as far as 'age'. And that's fine.

Now I'm scrambling and have been since hitting 26 to give myself permission and room and enough rope to make crazy stupid fun (not all at the same time) mistakes and adventures. When you officially become Old, and especially Too Old for something (i.e TOO LATE) you will KNOW IT. Before that happens, I would like to get my fill. You should too. If all else fails, fake your age.

Now off tangent, for the new year I will start it off with a fast and see myself making some money to fuel travel and relocation. I haven't travelled internationally in way too long and have not nearly seen enough of the world. I also have to jump into the next act in my occupational adventures. I also see myself dating a lot. And moving a lot. I don't want to settle down just yet.

I look forward to 2008. I love the cliche, ______: it's what you make it.
    for some reason this reply made me think of Soul Asylum-We 3. I couldn't find a video but here's the lyrics Soul Asylum - Music on FoxyTunes Planet
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    INXP

Happy 2008 everyone (well, it is here...)

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    873 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

Happy New Year MBTIc

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Misfortune is smiling upon me already. My mind feels completely numb and I cannot find inspiration. Damn 23.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Uberfuhrer View Post
    Misfortune is smiling upon me already. My mind feels completely numb and I cannot find inspiration. Damn 23.
    What's changed? You've been complaining about your mind feeling numb and being tired of life since last year, if I recall correctly.

MBTI
    ISTx

Oh damn, someone's been called out.

Happy new years, all. 2008 is upon us.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by athenian200 View Post
    What's changed? You've been complaining about your mind feeling numb and being tired of life since last year, if I recall correctly.
    Well, 2007 was an odd-numbered year. Odd-numbered years always suck. And 2008, although it is an even-numbered year, has considerably more 23 influence for me. I actually think this all started after that stupid Jim Carrey movie came out...

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Uberfuhrer View Post
    Well, 2007 was an odd-numbered year. Odd-numbered years always suck. And 2008, although it is an even-numbered year, has considerably more 23 influence for me.
    Ah, an astrologist? I see. Well, I hope you've miscalculated so that you'll have a better year than you thought.

Anyway, I'm really close to 2008 now. It's only three minutes away. I'm so anxious/excited.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

I think this going to be the last 2007 post on Central Time.

EDIT: Looks like it was. Happy New Year, everyone east of and within this timezone.