User Tag List

First 123

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by INTPness View Post
    When you say the "truth is in the method", do you mean that the truth is found once you start doing it? Like if you just start moving forward with your initial plan (and maybe you have to revise it and maybe you don't), you will find the truth or the best method somewhere along that journey or along that path?
    Yes, that's a much better explanation of it.

It's also worth noting that INTJ's are similar to an INTP (at least I am) in the fashion that if, like an INTP with data, the INTJ isn't able to build the plan or requisite amount of backups to a satisfactory degree, we will not feel comfortable moving forward either.
    Function Activity:
    Ni > Te > Ti = Fi > Ne > Si = Fe > Se

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Kra View Post
    In short, and this is entirely too stereotypical to be indicative of all members of each type:

INTP - The truth is in the data.
    INTJ - The truth is in the method.
    I agreed with your detailed analysis, but I think this summary is confusing/obfuscating.

I mean, the outcome truth is in the data, and IxTP is outward directed rather than inward -- we scour the environment for literal data and have trouble commiting to ideas that have not been supported by data or that have limited data only -- but what we actually trust is the logical method we use to evaluate the data. So you could still easily say what we trust is method -- our Ti -- and we often discuss it as such, that we have faith in our reasoning logic and data is irrelevant, it's just something we dump in one end and out comes the answer.

I think your point is well-taken, though.... how Ti is coupled with a Pe function and thus be outward-directed (and thus driven by data), where Ni is inward-perceiving first and foremost. That's sort of where I find my arguments with INTJs stemming from. Them: "Here's the truth." Me: "But the data doesn't [yet] support that adequately enough to sound so certain!"
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Just an insight from personal experiences. I am INFP, perhaps it shall translate to an "INTJ'" I for one being "P" do not like planning, for anxiety thus increases. I am natural and am a go in a flow type personality. i can be spontaneous and fit most situations like a chamelion.
    My spouse happens being ENFJ, she likes planning thus lessoning her own anxiety.
    In both cases, our natural style is being comfortable and not having undue stress, nor a state with anxious feelings.

MBTI
    INTP

My best friend is INTJ and there is no one I can think of at this moment that I would rather carry on a conversation with, if that helps.

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

Whenever I interact with INTJs it makes me want to change my type to theirs though in reality that can never happen, well at least not in 1 lifetime!

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Quote Originally Posted by Beargryllz View Post
    My best friend is INTJ and there is no one I can think of at this moment that I would rather carry on a conversation with, if that helps.
    ever tried an ENTP with same interests and you and the INTJ?
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

perfect example: