User Tag List

First 234

Thread: Hand Analysis

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Halla74 View Post
    What if my palms are rosey?
    That's why gorillas have hairy palms?
    4w5, Fi>Ne>Ti>Si>Ni>Fe>Te>Se, sp > so > sx

appreciates being appreciated, conflicted over conflicts, afraid of being afraid, bad at being bad, predictably unpredictable, consistently inconsistent, remarkably unremarkable...

I may not agree with what you are feeling, but I will defend to death your right to have a good cry over it

The whole problem with the world is that fools & fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts. ~ Bertrand Russell

Banned
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

Quote Originally Posted by Pixelholic View Post
    My skepticism has nothing to do with that. There is absolutely NO evidence that palmistry is anything other than an educated guess at best and random luck at worst. I'm plenty open to the idea to these sorts of things but time and time again they end up just being bunk. Until you can actually falsify a palm reading it's just pseudoscience bunk.
    That's Funny, because you could pretty much say the same thing about MBTI.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    LIE

Notice that the Heart Line is long and curved up well under the middle finger. A person with this long curvy line can be happy one minute and down the next, and it may not be due to what is happening in the relationship. Emotions fluctuate from moment to moment and run the full psychological range at any time. Each moment is separate from all the others and has its own emotional charge. A relationship with this person can be like a high speed emotional elevator. If he or she is emotionally "down in the basement" don't worry. Very soon the mood will dramatically change and shoot up to the top floor where the party is. The psychological mood changes come and go like the ocean tides and that keeps a relationship interesting.
    The Expressive type person with this curved line ending under the middle finger lives in the practical "now". The future is tomorrow and is too far away to worry about. What is happening right now is the most important thing. This nearsightedness tends to make everything at the moment seem more important than future events and activities. Planning for tomorrow's activities are not part of this person's routine today. This often leads to problems in the future but that just insures lots of activities tomorrow and keeps life interesting!

The Expressive person is reactive, demonstrative and rational. She or he can devote full attention to enjoyment of all the senses. This may seem self-indulgent to others but at the same time they are envious of someone who can live and enjoy so much in life. If the middle finger is straight and strong, this Expressive person is not likely to get involved in taking care of other people's needs at the expense of her or his own needs. The Expressive type person is more "me" oriented than the Nurturer type with a Heart Line ending below the index finger (The Nurturer would be more focused on pleasing the partner).

Some words that are often used in psychology to describe the Expressive person are exciting, dynamic, unpredictable, alive, real, vivacious, intense, energetic, and active. A relationship with an Expressive type person is a wild ride!
    I N V I C T U S

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9-1
    Socionics
    INFp

Quote Originally Posted by saslou View Post

Scientists refer to the lines on hands as creases however ..

The main argument against them being crease lines is that the lines on the palm are all present by the time the foetus is 3 months old. The lifeline forms at 7 - 8 weeks gestation, heart & head lines at 9 - 10 weeks, but the muscles needed for movement of the hand don't form until 11 weeks, when there are the first reflex movements. Voluntary hand actions don't start till 23 weeks. The nerve endings, which stimulate the muscles, are forming around the same time as the lines. So the lines are there before even reflex movements are possible and long before voluntary muscular movement of the hand exists.
    And then I was like *whoaaaa* and started staring at my hands.

Interesting thought though.... hmmmmm
    never decided whether I buy into palmistry or not...
    I want to be alive To all the life that is in me now, to know each moment to the uttermost.
    (Khalil Gibran from Mary Haskell's Journal June 7, 1912.)

"I'd rather die than live without Mercy and Love" - House of Heroes, Code Name Raven

"I write/Slowly at first/Then the words come quicker/Slow in comparison/To my rapid thoughts/I fall silent/In awe of love"

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Talisyn View Post
    And then I was like *whoaaaa* and started staring at my hands.

Interesting thought though.... hmmmmm
    never decided whether I buy into palmistry or not...
    Baby .. You rock for just considering the idea
    “I made you take time to look at what I saw and when you took time to really notice my flower, you hung all your associations with flowers on my flower and you write about my flower as if I think and see what you think and see—and I don't.”
    ― Georgia O'Keeffe

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I'll analyze your hands! But I'll need to touch them. No guys please.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)