User Tag List

12311 Last

Default What is your ethnic background?

Are you in touch with your roots? Ive always been interested in culture so I thought this could be an interesting thread. My mom is Korean, and my dad is African American, Native American (Black Foot), & French.

I grew up eating tons Korean food, wish i could speak the language fluently! Parents out there who have young kids, teach them!

I feel pretty in touch with my Native American roots, spiritually.

I wish I knew more about my African roots, like my real last name...I often wonder what African tribe my family came from, its sad that all that was lost.

Im not to familiar with my French side at all.

I'm 99 44/100% Irish. However, somewhere along the way there was a German in the woodpile who gave me my last name. I'm fairly in touch with my roots. My family is very Irish Catholic and I've been back to Ireland twice. It sounds silly to say, but when I was there I definitely felt like I was home.
    Everybody have fun tonight. Everybody Wang Chung tonight.

Johari
    /Nohari
    Likes MDP2525 liked this post

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILI

I am Croatian, with Albanian roots on my maternal grandfather side. But he died when my mom was very young, so I only know a granduncle from that side of the family.
    Always listen to experts. They'll tell you what can't be done, and why. Then do it.

Phantonym

I'm Estonian, through and through...well...I only know about the last 4 generations, so who really knows, haven't dug that deeply into the family history. I might be surprised.

Quote Originally Posted by EffEmDoubleyou View Post
    My family is very Irish Catholic and I've been back to Ireland twice. It sounds silly to say, but when I was there I definitely felt like I was home.
    Thats awesome . I went to Korea recently, but felt totally foreign, it was intimidating to be someplace where barely anyone spoke english, I felt helpless in the big city Seoul. The shopping was amazing ...went over board for sure. There so many people there, people always seemed to push and shove on the sidewalks, it got on my nerves and I got mad every time! I enjoyed eating only Korean food all day everyday for 2 weeks up until the last 2 days...I ended up getting sick. We went to Icheon for a day and saw a Burger King there, I savored every french fry lol.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Socionics
    X/0

Filipino.... Probably a mix of more ethnicity since Philippines has been raped by alot of other nations.
    This post grammatical errors had been intentionally left uncorrected.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

Scottish. I'd say about 80%
    But anyone who lives in America is bound to have streaks of a lot of diffeent cultural backgrounds so as far as I am aware, German, French, and Native American make up the remaining 20%.
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

Quote Originally Posted by Sky is BLUE! View Post
    I'm Estonian, through and through...well...I only know about the last 4 generations, so who really knows, haven't dug that deeply into the family history. I might be surprised.
    My cousins and I are trying to link together our family story/tree, the elders have some crazy stories, you will probably be very surprised!

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

I'm Estonian as far as I know. Both my parents originate from each of the big islands we have here though, so I may easily have a Scandinavian heritage.

Ginkgo

I spawned from a bottle of Elmer's Glue.