User Tag List

First 3456715 Last

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

I'm half Swedish/Norwegian and half French/German/English/Scotch-Irish.

So I guess I'm another Euro-mutt here, not that that's a bad thing. We've all seen what having a narrow gene pool can do to a population... just look at England.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

Thirteenth generation American. So i'm mostly English/Irish/Scottish/Welsh/Dutch (Ordered by amount) from my dad's side. Then 1/8 German and 1/8 Polish and some more English and Irish from my mother's.
    My dad and his grandfather created a family tree back to 1630. Several hundred pages of relatives...

I'm curious about how long it takes for one to become American.
    Ne > Ti > Si >> Te > Se >> Fe > Fi > Ni
    5 so/sp
    Chaotic Neutral/Evil

MBTI
    yupp

scottish,russian, and i don't know.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5&4 sx
    Socionics
    INFj

I have African (Afro-mutt here), Muscogee Creek, Italian, and Samoan ancestry. I consider my racial identity to be one of a multi-racial, first-generationally mixed person but identify more culturally with being American, particularly black American.

I think the fractions/percentage thing is silly, if not a little weird. Ethnicity isn't divided up in an individual like a pie. It just doesn't work like that. No one's "half" or a "fourth" of anything.

i would say i am a bit half and half culturally, since my parents were representatives of their own way of seeing things.. or something like that (my dad is not straight from denmark however. just a second generation american, i believe.. my mom is an immigrant).

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/so
    Socionics
    INTj

I am 100 effin' percent South Korean.

But I left Korea when I was 5 or something.
    Enneagram: 5w4 5-9-2 (5w4 9w1 2w1) sp/so

"Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience." - Greg King
    The worst mistake people make in political arguments is assuming that the other side is not trying to do the right thing. This simple oversight makes productive conversation nearly impossible.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx
    Socionics
    IEI

mostly irish... this includes scotch-irish and likely english lineage as well. then croatian, with a little italian thrown in somewhere along the line.
    i require a high SPF.

"We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.."
    -Oscar Wilde

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Mostly Irish and German, but with a bit of English and Cherokee thrown in. I'm most in touch with my Irish heritage, but since my hsuband is 100% German, I want to learn more about that side to teach our future kids.

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by neptunesnet View Post
    I think the fractions/percentage thing is silly, if not a little weird. Ethnicity isn't divided up in an individual like a pie. It just doesn't work like that. No one's "half" or a "fourth" of anything.
    That's definitely true. But I just take it as a way of explaining your ethnic background proportions; where your parents and grandparents etc. came from. But of course no one will actually be divided up that way.

Smile

As Oz is a migrant country, a common question here is, "Where do you come from?".

However I always answer the question by saying, "I am Australian".

And I try to tell others to answer in the same way but the problem arises - what is an Australian?

I know the answer and it is that Oz is a polity, but still they want to see themselves in ethnic terms.

I try to explain genetics to them but they resolutely keep mistaking cultural differences for ethnic differences.

Of course ethnic differences are a form of racism but no one dare say they are a racist, so they say they are ethnics.

Our official and funded Government policy is Multi-culturalism, unfortunately this is interpreted by many as Multi-ethnicism.

But ethnicism is racism by another name.

And like rats we scuttle back to our racist rat holes.

And to be a multi-cultural means learning the language and mores of another culture, and we don't want to do that for so few of us understand even our own language and culture.