First 81617181920 Last

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Dad's German. Mom's Slovak, Norwegian, Welsh, and Scottish. Non-religious Catholic on my dad's side (only went to church when forced to by whoever he was married to)....mom converted to a bunch of religions throughout my youth, including Wiccan, but mostly Catholic or Protestant.

I'm agnostic.

Gotta catch you all! Blackmail!'s Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8

Breton (Celt) plus a very light sample of North Italian and Dutch on my father's side. Technically, my Y-haplogroup is R1b1a2, typically Western Pan-Celtic. My family name is one the few that can be traced in the same Breton town back to the 12th century.

French/German Ashkenazim on my mother side, plus curious Siberian/Cossack oddities according to genetic samples. I'm also a proven direct descendant of the prophet Muhammad (Banu Qureysh tribe/Hashim clan : my maternal uncle Y-haplogroup is J1e and he's still part of the same eponimous project), something I find very funny especially when I meet Muslim friends who particularly envy this status, because they know that most people that pretend to be Sayyidi or Mirza use in fact fake claims, and that their real number is rather tiny (according to genetics).

My father was red-haired with lot of freckles when he was young, and my mother was pale blond. But I have auburn hair and the whitest skin you can imagine. Even amongst fellow Celts, nobody could beat my palor, and in Africa, all my neighbourhood would joke about it. Even in the middle of an hot, dry, tropical desert, I never get the slightest tan. But curiously, I also rarely get sunburns: this is very odd indeed...
    Last edited by Blackmail!; 11-22-2013 at 09:33 AM.
    "A man who only drinks water has a secret to hide from his fellow-men" -Baudelaire

7w8 SCUxI

Entertaining Cracker five sounds's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    729 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEE Ne

Irish, French, Italian, Polish : )

Just a European mutt.
    You hem me in -- behind and before;
    you have laid your hand upon me.
    Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
    too lofty for me to attain.

MBTI
    isfj
    Enneagram
    2w1 so/sp

I'm Hispanic, German, and white american
    My dad is a major redneck so I guess I'm close to that.. My mother has me speak Spanish with her and we cook some of her favorite foods from her home country.
    It's almost Christmas so soon I'll be making nacatamales :3

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so

My dad is chinese, but my mom is russian/irish/english/polish/italian/german. I'm not really in touch with either roots. My mom wanted me to go to Chinese school but I only took a few classes as a kid so she would reward me with the toy she promised to give me if I took them.
    7w6 - 2w3 - 8w7 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by The Ü™ View Post
    I'm agnostic.
    How is this related to your ethnicity?

I'm as brown as mud drying under the equatorial sun. Left out too long, I become reddish copper, but I never burn. I have round cheeks, and a dent in my chin. When looking at myself, I see all my ancestors echoing on my face. On happy days, I smile at the chance combination of features. On miserable days, I curse my ancestors.

I lament my ancestor(s) who gave me the uncontrollable waves, that revolt under the humidity, especially the innate humidity of my motherland when I visit back home. I blow dry freqently, and wonder what they must have done to tame the wild waves. Whether they cared.

But, I frequently wonder what they must have looked like, which one of them gave me that dent. Whether they had the same thoughts as I do, when looking at our dented chin.

My people are bengali.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    5 sx

German, English, Scottish, Irish, and Dutch -- supposedly Polynesian too, based on an eye condition my mom has, but it was decades ago that a doctor told her that and I have no idea if it's true.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Qrious View Post
    How is this related to your ethnicity?
    Religion often has strong ties to ethnicity and is a central part of a cultural identity, such as Irish Catholic or Italian Catholic. Not to mention people consistently identifying themselves as German and Russian Jews.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8

Quote Originally Posted by The Ü™ View Post
    Religion often has strong ties to ethnicity and is a central part of a cultural identity, such as Irish Catholic or Italian Catholic. Not to mention people consistently identifying themselves as German and Russian Jews.
    In some very specific cases, Religion is also linked to genetic modal haplotypes, such as the ones you find within Jews and particularly, the Cohanim and, sometimes, the Levites as well.
    But the same phenomena can be traced in Islam with the so-called Sayyids (Y-haplogroup J1c3d). For instance, in Morocco, more than 25% of the male population pretends to be Chorfas (descendants of the prophet). But when we test them... even if 10% of them genuinely seem of Arab descent somehow, less than 0.1% really seem related to the Hashemites. And if, for instance, it was proven that the current king of Morocco is not a true Sayyid (which is more than likely but who knows?), it could cause a major political and religious uproar.

It's also very interesting to use genetics in those cases, because it allows you to scientifically quantify the amount of pious lies and false claims these respective religions have spread.
    "A man who only drinks water has a secret to hide from his fellow-men" -Baudelaire

7w8 SCUxI

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8

Anyway, while speaking of religion, in my family we're Atheists on both sides since... as long as we have religious records in fact.
    On my Breton side, the curates of the town from where my family came complained that nobody would ever be present to the mass as far as the XVIth century. The area had the reputation of being "a nest of hopeless unbelievers" even during the late Middle-Age, and it's still the same now. In 1792, it also was the only town in Western Brittany where monks, vicars and even nuns had their heads "guillotined".
    On my mother side, in a totally different cultural and geographical setting, in a 18th century register, incidently the local rav also complained (in yiddish) that one of my ancestor was a "dangerous republican free thinker".
    Last edited by Blackmail!; 11-22-2013 at 09:36 AM.

7w8 SCUxI