User Tag List

First 61415161718 Last

There is no ethnic mathematics. There is no ethnic physics. And there is no ethnic biology. And interestingly there is no ethnic literature. There is no ethnicity in literacy.

However there is ethnicity in spoken cultures.

And even more interesting there is now ethnicity in the electronic tribal cultures of the global village.

And where the ethnicity of spoken cultures is reinforced by the ethnicity of electronic cultures, without being mediated by literacy, we get a violent frenzy to establish tribal identity, such as we see in Iraq, Afganistan, Syria, Nigeria, Mali and Thailand and in other places across the globe where spoken cultures intersect with electronic cultures without the antidote of literacy.

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    There is no ethnic mathematics. There is no ethnic physics. And there is no ethnic biology. And interestingly there is no ethnic literature. There is no ethnicity in literacy.
    there is ethnic food
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

I'm 1/4 Polish with the Mongolian influence (my dad really looks it); about 1/4 German, and the rest Scottish, English, Irish, some Welsh, and a tiny bit Cherokee. I'm a somewhat freckly white girl with auburn hair.

Edit: Oh yes, and fairy. (I.e. descended from the Tuatha de Dannan.) I'm totally going to put fae as my race when the Census comes again.

I'm proud of my ethnicity and I'm not a racist at all. I love everyone, and I love diversity. White people are as much entitled to be proud as black people. Proud in the sense that I like my connection to cultures and people of the past, and the qualities of my ancestors.

Spiritually I'm very in touch with my roots. I identify with native Europeans, particularly Celtic and Scandinavian shamanism, as well as Native Americans. Spiritually I'm very much Hindu and Taoist as well, but I'd have to go so far back into my ancestry for that it would be largely relative. I think my spirit in the creation of myself kind of channels the DNA of the pagans in my ancestry and kind of skips the rest.

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

mostly
    - Czech
    - English
    - German

with a touch of Irish and native American

of all of them, I probably look the most German. my facial structure is rather German looking
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w1

Columbian, Scottish (Canadian?), and Puerto Rican

But maybe American? I forgot what ethnicity means.

F CK all I need is U ilikeitlikethat's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so

The English in me is mixed.

My father's side English is Anglo-Saxon, and my mother's side English is from the Midlands and has an old Norweigen/Viking name that has been Anglosised... So even then my English is mixed.

Mother side: Lebanese, Argentin, Italian, Spanish, English.
    Father side: Portuguese, Brazilian Indians, Dutch.

By this mix was born a white girl that no one thinks she is Brazilian: me...

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 so/sx

Mom: Czech, scottish, english, german
    Dad: Black and cherokee

It's like a family legend that our czech ancestors have mongolian heritage. but that's just speculation i think.

F CK all I need is U ilikeitlikethat's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gertrude_Lawrence

I actually don't think I'm Danish; My father's famous aunt (Mother's Sister or Cousin) 'but still an aunt to him whatever' Was half Danish and half English.... Upon further enquiry, it turns out that I'm the English side to this half Danish half English person and... Because of her being related to my grandmother and father, does not make me Danish (which actually makes a lot more sense)...

So I'm just going to put that one down as yet more Anglo-Saxon.

In fact; Upon further study/reading of the page/link, it turns out that that whole Gertrude Lawrence link was through marriage/and does not mean a thing about ethnicity.
    That did'nt stop my father from having Noel Coward at the breakfast table though.

Stansmith

Dominican. So basically West/Central African, Spanish, and some French (Marseille) on my Dad's side. I basically look Black with some vaguely West-Mediterranean facial features.